X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamskin/Brightskin Control [v1.0] [PC] [pics]

Name: Teamskin/Brightskin Control
    Version: v1.0
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) *NOTE: This mutator changes the default Pawn and PRI classes in the GameInfo, which may lead to incompatibility with other mutators. I've included 'PAWN' and 'PRI' in the GroupNames in the hopes that other mutators that change these two classes use the same GroupNames*
    Description: Controls the usage of team-colored skins and "brightskins" (the glow effect that characters get at a distance)
    Screenshots:
    Teamskins disabled
    [shot]http://thehackisback.com/spartan018/UT3_Downloads/Teamskin_Brightskin_01.jpg[/shot]

(Brightskin disabled screenshot coming soon)
    Download: http://thehackisback.com/spartan018/...skin_PCMut.rar

Until UIScenes are supported on the PS3, this will be PC only. Sorry.

A few notes: with teamskins disabled, it can be a bit confusing sometimes. Some non-teamskins are red to begin with (like in the above non-teamskin shot) and if you happen to be on the red team and that guy is on blue, you might hesitate for a second, so pay attention.
    Also, if brightskins are enabled while teamskins are disabled, the brightskin will NOT be the color of that character's team, it will be whatever the brightskin color is for that character when it isn't on a team (the Iron Guards have a yellowish brightskin when they aren't on a team, while the Krall have like a dark gray, so they'll still be noticeable at a distance than if brightskins were disabled entirely). If theres enough demand for it, I will add support for team-colored brightskins on non-teamskins, but I feel that that would defeat the purpose of disabling teamskins in the first place.

good job !

really good job !
    and thank you !

Comment

Ok,i just downloaded and tried this and i have to say this is just what i have been looking for.
      Good work.

Comment

You rock so hard, man.
        Seriously, thanks so much for doing this.
        The game is finally playable.

I can't test this out until later, so does anyone know if this works correctly with the ActionCam mutator?

Comment

Can you increase the glow with this mod? They already look like glowsticks at a distance, I don't see the need for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterTrioxin View Post
            I can't test this out until later, so does anyone know if this works correctly with the ActionCam mutator?
            I just tried it out to confirm my suspicions, this mutator is NOT compatible with ActionCam v1.0. It WILL be compatible with ActionCam v2.0 (whenever that comes out, and assuming that a workaround is found for the need to replace the Pawn and Controller classes; I may even be able to use that workaround myself for TS/BS v2.0). Unfortunately, ActionCam does not have any GroupNames set (which prevents mutators that change the same thing from being activated at the same time, preventing any conflicts), so you will be able to activate both mutators at the same time. At first they do work together, but after the first time you die the camera is reset back to first-person.

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
            Can you increase the glow with this mod? They already look like glowsticks at a distance, I don't see the need for it.
            The point of this mutator is to disable teamskins and/or brightskins, not to make anything brighter.

Comment

is this liek what Bersy made ?

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                is this liek what Bersy made ?
                In a way,yes,but you can toggle from ui in-game.
                It's disables bright skins/team skins completely.
                If you don't want to be seen from space,but keep fairly toned down team colours you can.

Comment

anyone here who explains me the sense of this mut? O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
                    anyone here who explains me the sense of this mut? O_o
                    Some people don't like the brightskins (myself included). The person who requested this mutator in the first place also requested the option to disable teamskins. So, here we are.

Comment

oh **** ncie work then =]

Comment

Great mut ... thank you ... spartan018 !

Comment

Yay, no more fugly glowsticks!

Comment

Genius, thanks man, I have waited for this. Is there any way you could add an option for vehicle teamskins/brightskins too?

Comment

Yeah, I'll look into it in a few days. I'm waiting for some new RAM to get delivered; I've been getting some weird file corruption errors while playing UT3 and I've traced it to either bad RAM or a bad mobo and I'm hoping its the former. I should be fully up and running again this weekend, so I'll look into it then. I may also release a Lite version of this mut for PS3 owners that will simply disable brightskins when the mutator is enabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X