Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Released: BattleRPG V7 now with (optional) class system.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released: BattleRPG V7 now with (optional) class system.

A completely operational RPG for UT3! Supports ALL game types.

Features levels, experience, Mana, magic weapons, artifacts, player classes (optional) and FULL ability management. Has abilities like Weapon Speed, Vampirism and Quickfoot, artifacts like God Mode, Spiderpig and Mana Gambling and magic like Rage, Ultra GIB and Invisibility. It also has a custom RPG scoreboard, a custom RPG HUD, etc. Includes UT3 Invasion and Galtanor's Invasion and custom versions of BattleRPG made to work together with them.

Go to http://www.onsrpg.com/battlerpg.php for download (including full GPL V3 source code), a player manual, an administrator manual and a developer manual.

New in V7:
    * Implemented a new more advance and more user friendly BattleRPG menu.
    * New abilities: Loaded Artifacts, Loaded Weapons, Loaded Magic, Weapon Resurrection, Ammo Bonus, Mana Bonus and Mana Regeneration.
    * New weapon magic: Infinity.
    * New artifact: Max Magic +2
    * Implemented console commands "brpg use artifact", "brpg first artifact", "brpg next artifact" and "brpg prev artifact" so people can bind this to keys.
    * Created 3 example configurations: Standard Edition, Class Edition and Extreme Edition.
    * Implemented a new (optional) flexible requirement system allowing player classes etc.
    * Implemented support for Galtanor 007 now including BattleRPG levels in the Invasion scoreboard.

The new enhanced, dynamic, future predicting and mind reading BattleRPG menu:

BattleRPG V7 with Galtanor's Invasion 007:

What are these classes you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlach View Post
      What are these classes you speak of?
      In the example configuration I included there are 2 classes: Warrior and Magician. But the system is entirely dynamic, a server admin can design his/her own classes, requirements etc. It is even possible to have nested classes (subclasses). It is also possible to have abilities with different pricing or different max levels based on the class a player has.

Comment

Nice! Good work! "BattleRPG Class Edition" for jobs. Try it, fun!

Comment

I get a URL not found when I go to download it.

Comment

Originally posted by Khandor View Post
            I get a URL not found when I go to download it.
            Woops, my mistake. It should work now.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the mode!

Comment

Nice work. Once said before needs repeating, if a new version is released every few days shouldn't this be in beta forums? It seems like you have way more time than I do or I am just way slower of a programmer lol.

Comment

this is for all of your RPG mods

how do i rebind the use artifact key

i want it to be mouse4

Comment

more more option is coming !!!

thank you for keep update getting more real RPG now ...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                      thank you for keep update getting more real RPG now ...
                      Thank you, yes for those who like them you can now have player classed. Server admins can make as many classes as they want (including nested classes) and define how exactly those classes work. E.g. one class could buy a higher weapon speed than another class and different classes could pay different RPG$ for levels of a similar ability.

Comment

Originally posted by DR SE7EN View Post
                        this is for all of your RPG mods how do i rebind the use artifact key i want it to be mouse4
                        V7 now has console commands like "brpg use artifact" which you can use to define your own keyboard or mouse settings.

Comment

Originally posted by warlord57 View Post
                          Nice work. Once said before needs repeating, if a new version is released every few days shouldn't this be in beta forums? It seems like you have way more time than I do or I am just way slower of a programmer lol.
                          BattleRPG V7 is not beta software, it has been extensively tested, including multi player testing (not that there will be no bugs of course). I spend about 20 hours on development each week, so V6 -> V7 is about 30 hours of work I think. Most of that time for testing and "how do I get UT3 to do...".

Comment

This looks awesome! But I have some suggestions:

-Vehicle health/weapon buffs? (WF/VCTF only?)
                            -Puchasable weapons/vehicles that easily spawn in front of you (VCTF or warfare only)
                            -Individual weapon upgrades/Vehicle? Such as...longer sniper zoom....bigger boom for redeemer...errr more rockets being fired out the rocket lucher etc
                            -"Resistance" for example taking less damage from weapons w/ or w/o armour armor in general etc? (unless this is already in)
                            -Purchasabe...errr...turrets for base (maybe hardcapped for balance etc)?

And thats all I got for now now.

I just reckon some of those things could add to the immersion of the mut . Escpecially in warfare...like instead of always getting things after capturing nodes...you purchase them instead (optional obv)

I dunno just my 2 cents I guess

Comment

Originally posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
                              This looks awesome!
                              Thank you.

Vehicle health/weapon buffs? (WF/VCTF only?)
                              I intend to add vehicle specific magic and abilities to a future version (e.g. Vehicle vampirism).

Puchasable weapons/vehicles that easily spawn in front of you (VCTF or warfare only)
                              Not sure about that, seems to me that would change the gameplay too much.

Individual weapon upgrades/Vehicle? Such as...longer sniper zoom....bigger boom for redeemer...errr more rockets being fired out the rocket lucher etc
                              Weapon Magic does most of these things and with Weapon Resurrection you can keep using the magic you like most over and over.

"Resistance" for example taking less damage from weapons w/ or w/o armour armor in general etc? (unless this is already in)
                              Damage Reduction does something like this.

Purchasabe...errr...turrets for base (maybe hardcapped for balance etc)?
                              Not sure about that either, seems to me that would change the gameplay too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X