DM-Cath (final version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this map, it's beaut-i-ful.

The one thing I would have done different is that puddle of water near the body armor. It should lead to a waterfilled tunnel and exit through a well or something pretty far away.

Not that my suggestion matters, but it reminded me of the old Unreal maps, and they tended to have fun things like that. Love the bell tower thingie too.

Comment

this map looks amazing

Comment

This is fine example of small but really well made map. There are no bugs to be found anywhere, and the whole look is really beatifull. Map has a lot of variety which you have achieved with succesfull usiage of floors and levels.
        Getting to the upper levels is easy and weapons seem to be well placed around the stage. Not to mentiontion the way you have placed the Grass and other greenies.

There are only few downsides and some are a bit oppinion based.
        Firstly, the map is bright, really bright as in REALLY bright, after jumping around other levels and entering this one almost made me search for my sunglasses. slighthly lowering the brightness of things could ease the eyes but not too much since it is also one of the factors that make this map seperate from dark and gloomy epic maps (no offense to epic :P)
        Also the map has partialy some rather low resolution textures which could better but do not dramaticaly lower the already nicelooking map.
        Then there are these parts you havent given as much attention as others, one of them is the really cubic looking passage inside the cathedral which leads from 3rd floor to 1st floor. There are also a bit unrealistic cubic doors in the map, cathedrals mostly consist of round shaped objects

http://www.nashfordpublishing.co.uk/...als/index.html
        See any square doors?

also theres a part of the cathedral where the floor is nearly empty and pillars go straight trough the floor, its a bit unnatural for pillars that are basicly there to support the building to have such a thin bottom/base part. Oddly most of your pillars however seem to have the bottom part.

Also as you know, cathedral is a church, so there should be plenty objects around it like maybe old coins, chairs, old carpets, books etc etc. Having some more of these might give the cathedral more realistic look and higher lvl of detail. However in small map like this too much might damage the playability.

Yet like many other maps I have played, the map is well made and having bug free map is really a rare sight. Keep up the good work and relase more maps like this one! or some maybe even better.

Oh and having readme file is always a plus, but its not lot of trouble to add some small guide how to install the map to Ps3 as there are dozens of guides around the web.

Comment

dude sweet *** map, i love how you used the gothic catherdral look it is ****ing badass

Comment

I must say that this map looks sweet.
            I both hate you and love you.

Hate, because Ithis is exactly what I would like to have in my portfolio.
            Love, because you managed to pull this of nicely and thats a hard thing to do because the areas in this map are quite hard to complete in a level designers point of view.

Comment

Uploaded this map to server the day it was released and it's one of the few maps I've never had to worry about.All comments have been what a great map it is.Congrats on the recognition and thanks for this fine map.

Comment

That can be a sign to worry though, if everyone likes it maybe it didn't go far enough? Just a possibility...

Comment

absolutley beautiful looking. thanks

Comment

We installed this on our server, we found it very practicle.

Comment

Thanks!

This was my first custom map download. Still play it, still love it! Many thanks from a PS3 user!

Comment

One of my all-time favorite Deathmatch maps. Absolutely great level design, variety, and flow -- it's actually fun to fight bots here! How'd that happen?

Thanks for sharing! I hope you make some more maps soon!

Comment

This is great! I've been playing it non-stop for 2 hours. If you are too far behind try taking the sniper rifle, get to where the rocket luncher is located and knock off some heads. There is a respawn point right behind there, so have to be careful not to get too carried away with sniping. Cheers.

Comment

one of the better early maps

DL link still works on this one! Mostly inside a church with lots of pillars on the side of a mountain; I liked the floor, walls, steam and lighting. This has decent z-axis, but the bots could be better. Not sure about the long winding tower with not much in it though, but a crazy time in the church.

Comment

Working...
                            X