DM-Area52 (Perfect Dark Remake) FINAL [Screens + PC/PS3 Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Area52 (Perfect Dark Remake) FINAL [Screens + PC/PS3 Download]

Well, I have finally finished prettying up the rest of this map as far as I am going to. I think if I add much more in the way of static meshes, things will just begin looking cluttered.

That said, I am pretty happy with the final result here. I did leave the "Lab Room" with the windows pretty empty for a reason. The reason: because I wanted to give this map a long-forgotten look to it. Since the hay day of Perfect Dark, this facility has fallen into disuse and the small village nearby has since become a thriving metropolis. This does not mean that civilians know of it's existence or the role it played so many years ago, it is now commonly used to store materials for other outposts.

PC: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1576

PS3: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1577

(Thanks zunnie for hosting these now that they are back in demand)

Screenshots:

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00022-1.jpg[/shot]
    One noticeable change over the Beta is that I replaced the ugly columns in this outdoor area with some more eye-pleasing speedtrees, rocks, and other foliage, making it look like the area where people could come to relax and take a break when they were working here.

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00018-2.jpg[/shot]
    Just a little more showing off of the details I added over the course between now and the last beta.

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00024-1.jpg[/shot]
    Just showing off the Central Rocket Launcher room with all the doors. These doors open Up and to the sides which is a really neat effect I think.

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00023-1.jpg[/shot]
    This upstairs office was completely barren in former versions. I added some technical stuff and it lives!!! lol

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00026.jpg[/shot]
    The generator area here was spruced up a little bit as well. The trench now has very shallow water in it and there are now 3 different ways to get up from the bottom.

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/ScreenShot00004-2.jpg[/shot]
    Just showing off the breakable glass again. I added the chainlink to show that they are blocked (Not shown in the screen unfortunately). This is the empty "lab room" I mentioned earlier. We'll assume that anything that was in here was important enough to take with them when the post was closed down.

YESSSS...Ive been awaiting for this map Im going to try it out right now on the PS3.

P.S. I have all your maps Shade and luv them....keep up the great work!

Comment

Thank you for thinking of us ps3 owners
      I loved this map on perfect dark and i'm sure i'll love this one thanks for the work!

Comment

This final version is amazingly fun! Thanks again for taking the time to create it. It brings back loads of memories.

Comment

Really like the updated look. Amazing level, very fun, hope you make more.

Comment

It works great on the PS3...and the detail is great as well I like the close combat feel of the map.

Comment

Tested it on ps3 and the map is great good fun to play in the up close combat of the map . thx for making this map .

Comment

I was just play this map

and wow this is so fun map !
                I like many doors and outside area looks really nice too

Comment

Originally posted by Gamefreak054 View Post
                  Really like the updated look. Amazing level, very fun, hope you make more.
                  Well, thanks everyone for the feedback.

I am going to be making a VCTF map next with a lot of custom content (or as much as my humble skills will allow). So far I have a pretty spiffy landscape laid out for it sporting 4 custom materials. Hope there's a lot of pyros out there, cuz this is going to be set on a volcanic planet. Lots of fire, smoke, and lava with a few surprises...

Comment

Very nice map, I love it. ESPECIALLY THE WINDOWS! God I love destroying random **** while I'm trying to shoot someone. I remember in red faction when playing with friends, if I destroyed half the room and killed only one person, then I got a lot accomplished.

Only problem is I noticed the bots have a couple problems? Like it seemed like every time I went into one of the smaller rooms with only one exit that had a weapon, the bots didn't wanna leave that room. Every time I went into one, there was a bot running around in the back part of the room.

I also caught a bot who got stuck on the pile of crates within the little moat in the generator area. He was attempting to jump on top of the crates from the backside. I'm guessing the path that was being used to go through that area wanted to get on top but was doing it from the wrong side or something.

Comment

The screenshots look great, I have all of your maps Shade. I love them. Great job.
                      Downloading now

Comment

Originally posted by Khandor View Post
                        Very nice map, I love it. ESPECIALLY THE WINDOWS! God I love destroying random **** while I'm trying to shoot someone. I remember in red faction when playing with friends, if I destroyed half the room and killed only one person, then I got a lot accomplished.

Only problem is I noticed the bots have a couple problems? Like it seemed like every time I went into one of the smaller rooms with only one exit that had a weapon, the bots didn't wanna leave that room. Every time I went into one, there was a bot running around in the back part of the room.

I also caught a bot who got stuck on the pile of crates within the little moat in the generator area. He was attempting to jump on top of the crates from the backside. I'm guessing the path that was being used to go through that area wanted to get on top but was doing it from the wrong side or something.

Yeah, I had to rebuild bot pathing 6 or 7 times because in alot of previous versions the bots would get stuck even more than they do now. So far this is the best working version I could make.

The bots seem to try taking shortcuts in that little pit area, which leads to them getting stuck, but given enough time, they always find a way out eventually.

The rooms with the dead-ends are kinda the same way, the bots will tens to stay in there for a bit, but eventually find their way out.

It was far worse in the Beta, in most cases the bots wouldn't ever use the doors.

So, I guess this is a good example why there aren't many slow-moving doors in the stock maps. The bots are too impatient to stick around the trigger volumes long enough for the doors to open in most cases.

They also never use the shutters in that one room, which would be cool if I could find a way to force them, then they would at least shoot out the windows at passers by.

Comment

excellent map, thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

Excellent work ShadeMistress, decent visuals and nice flow to boot, altough some areas did seem a bit sparse. The breakable windows are great, however, the effect when they shatter is blue, which doesn't match the actual texture of the intact glass. Also, I noticed some bots that were just standing in one place, caught on doorways or crates. Does not quite feel finished yet, but still, a great map.

Comment

Yay, you added limits to the map. Now that I can actually play it, I find it pretty entertaining. It's just disappointing noting that the bots get stuck in rooms with multiple doors, and don't seem to go through the doors.

Comment

Working...
                              X