• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC/PS3] DM-StreetChamber 1.0

Title: Street Chamber
    Version: 1.0
    Gametype(s): Deathmatch, Duel, Team Deathmatch
    Recommended Players: 2-10
    Theme(s): A strange street section with six concrete blocks in the middle. A bunch of bright green lights, purple spot lights, and down a hole you'll find red lights. There is a little bit of foliage in a few places, but not so much to make it look crazy.
    Weapon(s): Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, and Rocket Launcher
    Vehicle(s): None
    Bot Support: They seem to work just fine.
    Cooking: Both PS3 and PC.

This is my very first map so please don't be so harsh on me. I've been really wanting to make UT maps since UT2003 and now I've finally got a computer good enough to make maps. But still, building light usually takes 2-10 minutes even on some not so complex stuff. Here lately it's been going faster though and I don't know why.

I mainly wanted to make a map that was fun to play before I wanted to make a good looking map. Tell me what you guys think.

With it being finished there are a few things changed. A few extra lights have been added so you didn't feel like an idiot in pitch black. Bots are a lot smarter than they were. They now leap and jump around the map more fluidly instead of walking around to the ramps just to get to the lowest level. Some of the player starts have been tweaked (and quite frankly I might need to tweak some more). But I think that's it.

Something I mentioned before during my testing posts:
    ----
    I tried to go with a good floor plan. I thought of the fact that I want to keep the players moving. I think I figured it out, there are no weapons on the lowest section, just ammo, health, and the udamage. The second level there is 1 shock rifle, 1 flak cannon, 2 shock cores. On what I call the second and a half level, there is of course the armor (which I might change to the berserker or shield belt, but I really like how it is now). And lastly, the top area has two spawn points for rocket launchers. This forces users who start on the lower floor to quickly move up for weapons, and those who start up top want to get to the udamage, or some ammo. The middle area start points...I usually go after the rocket launcher after quickly picking up a shock rifle or flak cannon. I made sure to make the udamage the hardest place to quickly get in and out so they have to earn it. The "they have to earn it" motto is what I tried to go by for a lot of things. I used it for the rocket launcher and the armor.
    ----

Things I haven't done but I might do in the future:
    • Add screen shots to the map files so you see a preview in game.
    • Add better reverb and sounds.
    Download DM-StreetChamber.zip for PC

Download DM-StreetChamber/USERDATA.JAM for PS3

This is not the version found on UT3mod.com. That version was 0.4a. But there aren't many differences.

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://utinfinity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38[/screenshot]

Download DM-StreetChamber.zip for PC

Download DM-StreetChamber/USERDATA.JAM for PS3

Dang this map looks pretty fun i'm D/L right now for ps3 will comment in a moment

Comment

oh i love you!!! this level is fun, bright, and fast paced, but most of all i've been waiting for someone to put this in a map... the pit under the elevators with bars that your ragdoll body slams into... like they had in UT2K4 its just fun! but seriously this is a very fun level that i'm keeping on my system thanks for the hard work

and great job!

Comment

Right on. This is the best Arena style map yet. 4 team duels are incredible fun on this map using the Multi-Team mod. I already said this in the beta thread but, Well done.

Comment

no sniper rifle makes me cry! :<

Comment

Originally posted by snookeis View Post
            oh i love you!!! this level is fun, bright, and fast paced, but most of all i've been waiting for someone to put this in a map... the pit under the elevators with bars that your ragdoll body slams into... like they had in UT2K4 its just fun! but seriously this is a very fun level that i'm keeping on my system thanks for the hard work

and great job!
            Thanks. I'm very glad you like it. I don't see where it's bright, but I do see the fast paced and fun part. And I totally agree with you on the ragdoll tumbling. I really always loved seeing that. I guess I'm violent. And I'm thrilled that you are keeping it on your system.

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
            Right on. This is the best Arena style map yet. 4 team duels are incredible fun on this map using the Multi-Team mod. I already said this in the beta thread but, Well done.
            The best? Ha! Yeah, sure. I'll take it, but I'll still somewhat deny that. I wish I could 4 team dual on that map. I bet that's a blast.

Originally posted by Khandor View Post
            no sniper rifle makes me cry! :<
            Aw, I'm so sorry. I try to make sure all the weapons fit the level. I did replace the rocket launchers with a sniper rifle once, but it really slowed down the level as there was really only a couple places that made the sniper fun to use. But don't fret, my next level will definitely have a sniper rifle. A small clue: and you'll have a great time sniping people off of their crazy independent moving platforms.

Comment

lol well I actually meant that I could see. My tv is really dark so it's hard for me to see on darker maps so, I don't know I was just excited about the map and started typing.

BTW, Can't wait for the next map LOL sniping people off their moving platforms. Don't know why but's thats funny to think about ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by snookeis View Post
                lol well I actually meant that I could see. My tv is really dark so it's hard for me to see on darker maps so, I don't know I was just excited about the map and started typing.

BTW, Can't wait for the next map LOL sniping people off their moving platforms. Don't know why but's thats funny to think about ^_^
                Well the map is hard to explain. Don't expect very normal maps from me. I'm not some pro mapper. I'm just experimenting. The next map isn't made just for sniping, but more so a neat map that each weapon plays a role for each room, as best as I can make it. Like one part of the level, the roof is very low (almost touching your head) and there is a Bio-Rifle in it and there are plenty of walls to shoot at. I'm trying to make the bio-rifle the king weapon in that room. Stuff like that.

Comment

That's a good thing. Experimenting can lead to new possibilities and open up new doors for UT3 modders! I'm very glad we have creative people doing maps. Anyway in my opinion if you can make a map your a pro-mapper in my book lol what makes a pro a pro anyway?

I tried making a map on UT2K4 once but, man it's really hard and time consuming in the end unfortunately it sucked really bad...

Comment

This map reminds me of a map from MGS3 Subsistence online. I know it sounds like I just pulled that outta no where. :P I like it. Great map man!

Comment

Originally posted by ACE3605 View Post
                      This map reminds me of a map from MGS3 Subsistence online. I know it sounds like I just pulled that outta no where. :P I like it. Great map man!
                      Well I'm glad you like it. And I can kind of see how it would remind you have a MGS game. I'm so happy you guys like it. Now I'm just waiting for the 1.2 patch to come out so I can recook it. I've slowed down on the second map because I'm working on UT Infinity. But fortunately the development of UT Infinity is going extremely smooth and a lot of progress is being made. Just needs a lot of polish and then it will be released publicly (as a beta or something).

Comment

Working...
                      X