Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have changed my views on models for PS3 at the moment. Another good reason not to cook these models for the PS3 is that I find they crash the game more, especially when looking for a server online. A majority of servers take to long to get me in or freeze for me. I took off my custom xanmac skin and opted for a default ronin, and the freeze is gone, and I join quicker and with my custom look now. I think it makes it easier for others to run a smoother game with the models we have, and maybe it'll get updated when the model fix comes.

Comment

My system has been down for two days but now its back up and running and I know there are several people waiting on me to cook and test and critique maps so I just wanted to let everyone let know I am back in business ... turns out my old sound card was the culprit ... bought a new Audigy SE for $40 and now my sound is better is than ever. Why do people buy those really expensive audio cards? Man this one is more than good enough to my ears.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions for fixes for the following three Vista 32 issues I am not encountering I would appreciate them all:

- Control Panel won't open
      - Computer Properties won't open
      - Personalize (right click on an empty space on the desktop ... it is the last option) won't open

Now I ran Norton and it found nothing and no other programs or apps seem to be affected ... I don't know if it is registry corruption or what ... so any suggestion or links to known fixes would be appreciated ... I can't find anything.

Comment

A PC content developers can add this text to there release post ~Open src~

Witch would let people know that he/she would not mind the content to be converted

~Open src~ is a universal term, for open source

Comment

Well I hope some folks appreciate me doing my part to try and be an asset to this community and be helpful to PS3 gamers new to this Unreal Universe. I am officially closed for business. Here are two links for folks that I used to learn how to cook so have at it folks:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=597904

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=597917

If you have any questions about the process feel free to shoot me a pm and I will do my best to answer it. I was glad to have helped the modders I worked with out. Good luck with your work in the future.

Edit: I have to say I am surprised that my thread only recieved two stars considering how many levels I have cooked and really spent time and effort trying to cook for folks ... hmmm oh well I learned my lesson about this community. I'm pretty much done doing anything but playing with user created content just like everyone else.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are not going to continue AnubanUT2. I know I could have figured out how to cook for PS3, but that takes time and then again I don't have a PS3 console to even test on. I felt much better having someone cook the PS3 version who also had the hardware to test it on.

I just want to say I appreciated your time on my conversion for DM-Agony3-SE, it was really a big help. Thanks again.

Comment

Yeah I would like my map cooked =)

I can make PC maps but can't seem to cook them for the PS3 right well, anyway here is my DM- map It would be cool to play it LOL

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602677

Comment

AnubanUT2 you'll be the first person that i go to with my maps dude your ok by me. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Don't know if anyone reads UK gaming magazine Edge here, but I got the latest issue yesterday and Anuban and other modders are namechecked in an article about user created content;

"A map which features an oversized toilet has been a feature of every Unreal game so far, and MustaphaMond has brought the famed level to the PS3. A more serious effort is featured above that in the form of DM Conveyor by Bret Hart, cooked to the PS3 by AnubanUT2."

Comment

^^^ heh that is cool ... thanks for that ... but yeah I already uninstalled UT3 so it is officially over for me (at least for the moment) so that's why I left links to the directions I used to learn how to do this. It's not hard by any means but it can be confusing since there is not much documentation ... as far as I know of anyway. Thanks to those who appreciated my efforts.

Comment

**** can you give me a URL for the settings needed &, where the files go B4 cooking for ps3
                      win I try to cook for PS3 I just get all errors.. :|

Comment

Originally posted by ORGAN View Post
                        **** can you give me a URL for the settings needed &, where the files go B4 cooking for ps3
                        win I try to cook for PS3 I just get all errors.. :|
                        Links to the instructions are on the previous page.

Comment

Thank you =)

Comment

Uninstall UT3? blasphemy...lol

Comment

could you please cook this map. According to the thread it does seem to be one nice, professionelly done map and the author himself doesn' have a problem if someone cooks it (read his post)

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601538

it's 'dm sun tower'

thanks

Comment

I'm retired from the cooking scene but I know for a fact that Organ would not mind doing this at all so ask him.

Comment

Working...
                                X