This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Im wondering if you could cook my map DM-Skydeck for the PS3, since im new to UnrealEd and have no idea how to cook it for ps3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MavisPuford View Post
    I would love for you to help me cook my Bouncy Rockets mutator. It's weird because from what I can tell, there is no need to put in any special ps3-specific code or anything in mutators for the most part, right? But I tried cooking it and people say it doesn't do anything. Anyway, I'm at work right now so I can't send you my source code at the moment. I'll get it to you as soon as I can.
    Sure man I will be happy to make an attempt at cooking your mutator ... but it is true that sometimes the mutators don't work when cooked. Let us keep our fingers crossed on this one though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love for you to help me cook my Bouncy Rockets mutator. It's weird because from what I can tell, there is no need to put in any special ps3-specific code or anything in mutators for the most part, right? But I tried cooking it and people say it doesn't do anything. Anyway, I'm at work right now so I can't send you my source code at the moment. I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nagis View Post
    I remember the Author saying something like he needed help cooking the mod "Bouncy Rockets" for the PS3 version. Im pretty sure if you can help, he would let you. THinking about helping him out?

Once again, thanks for your help with the community.
    If he needs my help of course I will assist him but he has not contacted me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I remember the Author saying something like he needed help cooking the mod "Bouncy Rockets" for the PS3 version. Im pretty sure if you can help, he would let you. THinking about helping him out?

Once again, thanks for your help with the community.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
    Well, I made a new thread called, "To Cook or Not to Cook", and basically asked people what the terms of use said about us being allowed to cook. It got 97 views and mysteriously disappeared off the forums. Any idea why? I just wanted to know the stinkin rules! No one had even replied...
    Of course I don't have any idea why ... I didn't even know you started a thread ... I'm not a mod so I'm the last person to look at when a thread disappears ... I've had some of my threads disappear as well. Most of us have at one point or another. It happens.

But to answer your question Mark Rein already stated the rules and you'll have to take it up with him if you have a problem with it but I don't want to get into all that on this thread. If you want to talk about this OT subject just pm me. But I am glad that you got some levels that I cooked ... I appreciate your thanks and hope you are enjoying them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Yes I think you should do that ... that seems like the best approach ... maybe something will come of it. If so great. I already answered all the questions about MY service I am going to ... especially since you are not a modder who will be taking advantage of it. So yes start a new thread and voice all your concerns there ... I'm certain you will get plenty of comments. Good luck with that.
    Well, I made a new thread called, "To Cook or Not to Cook", and basically asked people what the terms of use said about us being allowed to cook. It got 97 views and mysteriously disappeared off the forums. Any idea why? I just wanted to know the stinkin rules! No one had even replied...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've downloaded several of them. Thank you, AnubanUT2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well to date I have successfully cooked some 16 levels and about 12 of them have been okayed by the map developers to be released to the community so I hope that there are some folks around who do appreciate my contribution small though it may be ... at least until I get around to doing the Halo 3 mini mod (now that is going to be awesome ... even better than HaloUT in many ways).

- Conveyor
    - Xiao
    - JudithNAW
    - Liandri
    - Codex
    - Partisan
    - Islands
    - Orbital Deconstruction
    - Tokay Towers B1
    - Campgrounds2K8-Beta3
    - CG-Harbor
    - DeadSimple (joint effort with Nawrot)

All of these levels are available now for the PS3 and of course some of these are betas so more will be coming at various times. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of the PS3 owners who may have missed some of these levels ... So make sure you get these files so that I will not have wasted my time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    All I can say is as I've just started my foray into map making I find this cooking service quite valuable. Especially the PS3 cooking as AnubanUT2 can cook, and test, on the PS3 for us mappers who don’t own PS3’s to test them on! I don’t even know one single person who owns a PS3, let alone the fact that the PS3 version of UT3 isn’t even available in Auzzie yet. I for one appreciate the help that AnubanUT2 is providing for me and thank him for helping to get my map out for PS3 users. My hat off to you sir!

You are very welcome man and I am more than happy to help out. I just want this community to get back to being a cool place like it used to be ... of course I will do my part.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All I can say is as I've just started my foray into map making I find this cooking service quite valuable. Especially the PS3 cooking as AnubanUT2 can cook, and test, on the PS3 for us mappers who don’t own PS3’s to test them on! I don’t even know one single person who owns a PS3, let alone the fact that the PS3 version of UT3 isn’t even available in Auzzie yet. I for one appreciate the help that AnubanUT2 is providing for me and thank him for helping to get my map out for PS3 users. My hat off to you sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some other things mappers need to remember when cooking maps themselves:

- always remember that your friendly name shows up in the map list so be descriptive but not sloppy (just follow the way Epic does it, i.e. Defiance, Gateway, RisingSun, etc.)
    - be aware that you should not use more than 23 characters for your friendly name
    - don't use the gametype extension in your friendly name ... this is located in that .ini file that gets created in the cooking process right before the final conversion to the .JAM file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^^ Thanks for the words of encouragement folks ... I am glad to be of help to modders in the community ... I think that is pretty much known by now. And by assisting modders the whole community benefits.

Edit: Just a reminder to the mappers and mutator creators:

What Is Supported

* The following types of mods are supported. See the Not Supported section for any restrictions.
    o Maps
    + These mods are created and saved with UnrealEd..
    + These are new maps that are intended for Epic supplied game types, or for your own game types.
    o Mutators
    + These mods are programmed with UnrealScript.
    + These can be activated optionally during matches. These can range from replacing all weapons to changing gravity in odd ways to affecting player movement.
    + These can be auto-downloaded from a server running the new game type without needing to install the mod on the client PS3s. Note that this is just to play as a client; to run a server (or offline) with the mutator, you will need to install the mod the standard way. Auto-downloaded mods are put into a temporary cache only.
    o Game types
    + These mods are programmed with UnrealScript.
    + This is a new set of game rules that use existing maps (see Total Conversions for game types)
    + These can be auto-downloaded like a mutator, above.
    o Custom Characters
    + Character pieces are simply building blocks for the custom character system in UT3
    o Total Conversions
    + A Total Conversion, or TC, typically means replacing all of the content that shipped with a game with completely unique content, including the main menu.
    + On the PS3, the main menu cannot be replaced, but it can be used to load another level that is the TC’s main menu. This can then branch off to load the TC’s maps, etc.
    + These are generally a combination of new game types, new models, and new levels.
    * Other modifications may work, but these are what we have tested and planned for.

What Is Not Supported

Naturally, given the limited memory on PS3, etc, there are limitations to what you can do.

* Mutators and game types must consist of UnrealScript code only. This means that you cannot have a mutator that turns all UT3 weapons into a space cow model that you import.
    o This is because they need to work with shipping maps, and too much content added on will cause the PS3 to run out of memory.
    * Importing sounds is not supported. This is because UT3 uses a proprietary version of ATRAC3 and we are unable to release the tool that is needed to convert .wav files to the format required by the game.
    o It is unknown if we will be able to have some system for sound conversion in the future.
    o We understand the limitation this places on mod developers, and will rectify this if at all possible in a future version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are a PS3 player and you want stuff cooked for PS3, then the last thing you should be doing is ruining this thread. If you have a problem state it in a PM or elsewhere, please! Anyone who's willing to be a part of the PS3 modding community is a big asset right now. Especially someone who really knows what he's doing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much for helping and being supportive. It is people like you that keep us mapping!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X