This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OCK View Post
    We appreciate the hard work Anuban. I loved the original Night in the Park and hopefully you guys can get the new version running properly on the PS3. Will check back tonight after work. Hope there is a surprise waiting for me lol.
    Well I just recooked it and I am about to go and test it now ... I hope you PS3 folks have some good luck and this works for you. We'll know in about 10-15 mintues as I have a couple of things to take care of first.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
      The simple answer is NO.
      Amen.

The obvious correct answer is that if you try to contact a mod/map author, and you receive no reply, than you have no permission. But these things shouldn't have to be explained, it's common sense and it's old news. What's more upsetting is Epic's support of such behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
        Amen.

The obvious correct answer is that if you try to contact a mod/map author, and you receive no reply, than you have no permission. But these things shouldn't have to be explained, it's common sense and it's old news. What's more upsetting is Epic's support of such behavior.
        I'd like this thread to stay on topic so I am asking you nicely to please not stir up trouble on my thread. Please. The purpose of this thread is very very clear so if that is a problem for you I suggest you refrain from posting here. Thank you.

Comment

AnubanUT2,since your cooking things are you also able to help the maker if there is something that isnt cooked right for the PS3?

Im asking because Pfhoenix recently made the jetpack mutator and cooked it for the PS3 but there is a texture problem its all black with a strange rainbow texture? Do you know why its like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
            AnubanUT2,since your cooking things are you also able to help the maker if there is something that isnt cooked right for the PS3?

Im asking because Pfhoenix recently made the jetpack mutator and cooked it for the PS3 but there is a texture problem its all black with a strange rainbow texture? Do you know why its like that?
            Nope there is really one set process to cook things and if its not working its because there are differences in the code base of course and sometimes all the variables are not resolved it would appear during the conversion so you get stuff that is not quite right to content that won't load at all to content that actually locks up the console. Sorry but this an issue that Epic would have to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              there are many things you are not aware of as someone who has never modded or created anything for a game or led a mod team ... so this does not concern you. If you do not have anything positive to add to this thread then you need to stay off of it. I am only giving you this one warning.
              Report me for what?

I have something positive to add to this tread by contributing my opinon that you should discontinue this service or re-evaluate when you plan on cooking something or not.

I clearly stated quotes by you to support my opinon and would like unbiased community feedback on this issue.

If you'd like I'll make a new thread concerning the topic of correct cooking practices; however, my concern is about the behavior of this specific service and is therefore relevant to the thread. Correct?

P.S. - This does concern me because it determines when I can or cannot receive certain new Mods.

Comment

Well bad news folks ... that new version of Night In the Park cooks fine, imports fine, unpacks fine, and shows up in the maplist fine, but once again it just loads and loads and loads ... but that is better than when it was locking up the console. I really have no idea what it could be at this point and neither does Remus and the amount of work it would take to isolate the problem is pretty extensive and something Remus is not up to for some free software and I can't blame him. If he ever does want to do some major trouble shooting then he will let me know. Until then you PS3 folks will have to be happy with the original Night In the Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post

If you'd like I'll make a new thread concerning the topic of correct cooking practices; however, my concern is about the behavior of this specific service and is therefore relevant to the thread. Correct?
                  Yes I think you should do that ... that seems like the best approach ... maybe something will come of it. If so great. I already answered all the questions about MY service I am going to ... especially since you are not a modder who will be taking advantage of it. So yes start a new thread and voice all your concerns there ... I'm certain you will get plenty of comments. Good luck with that.

Comment

Nope there is really one set process to cook things and if its not working its because there are differences in the code base of course and sometimes all the variables are not resolved it would appear during the conversion so you get stuff that is not quite right to content that won't load at all to content that actually locks up the console. Sorry but this an issue that Epic would have to resolve.
                    I see,thanks for the insight...

Comment

After giving more thought to a point raised by Cold Killer and also wanting to maintain consistency across the boards I have decided to just cook only the content I actually have permission to cook and share. I may cook something early to make sure it works and let the mod author know but I won't make it publicly available unless I get a positive. Now in the case of something that is taking like 4 or 5 months to get a response on I will probably cook that after waiting that long of a time. But two weeks or two months even is plain ridiculous ... anything can happen to consume a person entirely in that time frame.

Comment

Anuban its better not to cook at all. No answer to PM and the guys last post it a month old , you are still grounds for banning.

Some people had multiple forums accounts (don't ask) and might get a bit pissy.

Comment

You may be right about that ... problem is someone is going to cook them no doubt anyway and maybe not publicly share the links but you know folks will be passing PMs and emails. I really think Epic should release a tool that prevents anyone but the person who has a password from tampering with content in anyway. That way people have no choice but to communicate with the content author if they wanted to do anything with the content. But I doubt that will ever happen. This has always been a code of honor type of community and we just try and trust people will do the correct thing.

Comment

You may be right about that ... problem is someone is going to cook them no doubt anyway and maybe not publicly share the links but you know folks will be passing PMs and emails. I really think Epic should release a tool that prevents anyone but the person who has a password from tampering with content in anyway. That way people have no choice but to communicate with the content author if they wanted to do anything with the content. But I doubt that will ever happen. This has always been a code of honor type of community and we just try and trust people will do the correct thing.
                            Honestly, if Epic took the time to do that and not simplify the porting process it would be even more counterproductive and I would lose my last bit of faith in them.

Comment

Okay before this thread gets closed no debating stuff please ... lets get back to the topic of THIS THREAD cooking for modders so chill please. I've decided how I am going to do MY SERVICE ... if someone wants to operate differently they are more than welcome but none of that talk on this thread ... PLEASE.

Comment

hey i was wondering if you could cook up the nano suit crysis skin for me for the ps3, i would be very thankfull if you could, and id be willing to find you a pc version of it if you would need it for conversion if need be

Comment

Working...
                                X