This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    I've never said it was hard to cook maps ... quite the opposite so gets your facts straight before you come onto my thread and start mouthing off without provocation. I believe you know what happened to the last person who did that. Go create your own thread. Maybe you didn't read the first post but I have been a part of this community in good standing for many years now and these people know how serious I am by my project haloUT. Darkwarrior is banned thanks to his own trolling and you are pretty close to doing the same thing he got banned for so back off young man. I already made it very clear who this thread was for.

I never said it was hard to cook for either yet you had to flame me about it didn't you? As for if I get banned, that just tells me that the Admin of this forums feels that UT3 should not be on the PS3 or xbox 360 which I think would look quite bad for him.

If I get banned, which I feel I will soon I'm always contactable through my site and will gladly help ut3 community anyway I can.

Proof:

I've cooked a couple PS3 maps if your up to it you can send me the source files and I'll try cooking it for ya. Email them to MattG@psnathome.com or you can ask for an FTP to upload to and thats fine too.
    Your reply:

It's funny how I already said I would work with Remus people act as if my post didn't exist .... and plenty of us can cook content stop trying to make it sound so hard and like only a handful of people can do it. Learn to accept the fact that some content is not going to work on the PS3 ... stop forgetting that this is still primarily a PC game.

Comment

Teenie that is enough ... if you have anything more to say to me that is not revelant to this thread then pm me. Period.

Comment

Yes,lets keep this thread clean Teenie....only about cooking content/request and appreciate who ever is doing it. I dont want to see another thread down because of something off topic.

Comment

With that said I am not happy to announce that I am starting my own fulltime cooking service.
          Just wanted to point out a small spelling error in this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
            Naw, he just said what was on his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
              Thanks man for catching that ... it was supposed to say NOW and has since been corrected.

Comment

So have you been working with Remus on getting his map to work? Or has he not contacted you yet? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehc69 View Post
                  So have you been working with Remus on getting his map to work? Or has he not contacted you yet? Just curious.
                  Yep I have and will keep you dudes posted ... nothing good to report yet I am afraid.

Comment

Ok, so let's see if I understand. You will only cook mutators/maps/gametypes if the original creator wants you to, right?

Comment

Originally posted by NDN_Shadow View Post
                      Ok, so let's see if I understand. You will only cook mutators/maps/gametypes if the original creator wants you to, right?
                      As long as the mod maker gives permission for their content to be cooked or if they have not replied to a real effort to contact them to obtain their approval. I treat cooking just like any other form of alteration. So if there is a mutator or a map that has the .ut3 file and the author has not responded to an email sent to the address given in the readme after two weeks then I would consider that available for the cooking process. I may cook content first to see if it works but I would not post links to the content (or distribute it in any way) without consent and instead would pass the .JAM file on the the content creator for him to post links to using the service of his choice.

Comment

You're also on gamefaqs aren't you? You are indeed very important to this community and we all PC UTIII owners and PS3 UTIII owners appreciate your hard work.

Comment

^^ Thank you .. that is always nice to hear. Actually I am one of the dreaded Gamespot people

Comment

We appreciate the hard work Anuban. I loved the original Night in the Park and hopefully you guys can get the new version running properly on the PS3. Will check back tonight after work. Hope there is a surprise waiting for me lol.

Comment

As long as the mod maker gives permission for their content to be cooked or if they have not replied to a real effort to contact them to obtain their approval. I treat cooking just like any other form of alteration. So if there is a mutator or a map that has the .ut3 file and the author has not responded to an email sent to the address given in the readme after two weeks then I would consider that available for the cooking process.

Who died and put you in charge?

I find it funny that YOUR opinion of two weeks waiting time is some STANDARD that everyone should abide by. What if my opinon is two minutes waiting time or maybe two years? What makes one person right and another wrong? Should it be based on their time spent "investing" into the community?

The simple answer is NO. Epic and (maybe) the authors hold the rights, so they should be the deciding factor.

Basically, your attitude toward cooking is not fair for the modders, because it assumes that YOUR opinions are correct because YOU are
                              Originally posted by AnubanUT2
                              much more tuned into the pulse of the modding community
                              Here is an example of you showing this superiority to others and infering that you know some secret cooking rules that the rest of us have not been given.

You should remove the link for ShowDamage until he gives you permission. I saw you asked him now you need to wait for his reply. Of course he will likely say yes but you know we have a process that has to be respected.
                              Who's process are you refering to? Is this Epics process?

Remember that is mod authors start seeing that their work is being cooked without their permission they may very well stop creating content and I don't think any of us want that to happen ... especially so early in the life of UT3 ...
                              To help keep UT3 alive in it's early years, I would like you to postpone or terminate this service until Epic sets their own rules for cooking or I would like you to stop complaining to others for the exact same procedure, which you plan on doing. Don't bother telling me that waiting two weeks justifies this action. Remember it's not YOUR content and YOUR opinions don't matter. I am not talking about any content which you have received permission to cook from all of the origional authors.

OR Have these rules already been stated? Unless you can prove that using the editor to cook Mods without permission is illegal, or if Epic changes their policy, then I'm convienced, based on the below citation, that nobody should need permission. I just want a straight answer. Is it against the terms of use to cook without permission or is it not?

Quoted from Epics User Agreement:

i. Your MOds must only work with the full, registered copy of the Software, not indepently or with any other software.

ii. Your Mods must not contain modifications to any executable file(s).

iii. Your Mods must not contain any libelous, defamatory, or other illegal material, material that is scandalous or invades the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party, nor may your Mods contain, or be used in conjunction with, any trademarks, copyright-protected work, or other recognizable property of third parties, nor may your Mods be used by you, or anyone else, for any commercial exploitation including, but not limited to advertising or marketing for a company, product or service.

iv. Your Mods will not be supported by Epic, MIDWAY, our third party tool licensors or any of such parties' affiliates and subsidiaries, and if distributed pursuant to this License, your Mods must include a statement of such effect.

Comment

Cold Killer please don't create problems on this thread ... I really would hate to report you so stop it now and if you have issues with me pm me. But if you try to disrupt my thread any further you are not going to be happy with the outcome. I am not even going to waste time replying to your post. I have made my point and you don't even mod as far as I know and you have only been part of this community for a month and there are many things you are not aware of as someone who has never modded or created anything for a game or led a mod team ... so this does not concern you. If you do not have anything positive to add to this thread then you need to stay off of it. I am only giving you this one warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X