X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-NightinthePark-XL [Final] [PC+pics] UPDATED

Name: DM - Night in the Park - XL
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: Extra Large DM Map set in a city park.
    Players: 10 - 20

Changes from previous version:

- Map is approximately 70% bigger
    - Added a water fountain
    - added sewer system
    - rooftops accessible by jump pads
    - river and island accessible by bridge
    - 2 vehicles: Walker (Island), Scavenger (Sewer). Nowhere is safe
    - 2 Avril pickups: one topside, and one in the sewer
    - 1 rocket sentry gun

UPDATE 2

- Issues with bots getting stuck on the sewer jump pads have been solved.

UPDATE 1

Changes

- Optimized light maps
    - Removed the 15000 grass meshes and replaced them with foliage volumes
    - Replaced the sewer ladders with jump pads.
    - Added more ambient lights in spots that were too dark
    - Widened the ledges in the sewer and covered up the water with metal grills for faster gameplay

Known Bugs:

- Dinamic shadows can be seen through the sewer ceiling.

Screen Shots:

Installation:

PUT THE FILES HERE:
    My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

DOWNLOAD

PC/PS3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...5965eaa7bc68bc

Wow, looks awesome, I loved the original Night in the Dark, thanks! Downloading now.

Comment

AMAZING! this map looks so awsome. Finally a really high quality map for ps3 users i'm downloading it now will comment how it plays! thanks for the hard work

Comment

This looks awesome. I'll give it a try now.

Comment

Holy **** 70% bigger I thought the first one was big this is monstrous. loved the first ill try this today.

Comment

That looks awesome dude! Only thing is filefront never works for me so i was hoping that someone might be able to please hook me up with a mirror to say rapidshare or something like that instead (for the PS3 version). Cheers in advance.

Comment

awww.... unfortunately it is not working for the ps3 it just sits there on the loading screen. is any one else having this problem?

Comment

I am having the same problem, it just keeps on loading at the loading screen...

Comment

lol. This is torture I was so excited about trying this map out V_V

Comment

Originally posted by snookeis View Post
                    awww.... unfortunately it is not working for the ps3 it just sits there on the loading screen.
                    That's weird. On the PC it works fine. And when I cooked it for the PS3 there were no errors.

Comment

awww.... unfortunately it is not working for the ps3 it just sits there on the loading screen. is any one else having this problem?
                      Originally posted by Italianstallion View Post
                      I am having the same problem, it just keeps on loading at the loading screen...
                      lol. This is torture I was so excited about trying this map out V_V
                      Ohh that sucks, it sounds like the same thing that happened with the CTF-Atlantea map, maybe it is just filesize related, but that sucks if true.

[edit : this file is less than 4MB bigger than the largest file I've seen working on my PS3 (Bunker), it may not be filesize related, but it's something maybe worth looking into.]

Comment

Originally posted by Ikioi View Post
                        maybe it is just filesize related.
                        If that is true then there isn't much I can do about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                          If that is true then there isn't much I can do about it...
                          Is it possible to just cut out a section, like I said before, to knock off ~4MB? Because it would test if that was the problem or not.

Just like with the other map, I wish Epic would step in and just tell us why it doesn't work instead of making us do the research ourselves.

Comment

its very strange... maybe it has something to do with a certain object or texture that the cooker can't handle kind of like the problem with custom models on the ps3? O_o

Comment

I was just thinking filesize because it links up to that other map, no other maps have had the 'loading screen' problem from what I've seen, and if we eliminate the file size problem (make it 31MB for example) we KNOW it's something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X