Clear All

Multi Jump Mutator - UT3 [v 2.0]

Multi Jump Mutator v 2.1.0 - Mutator - Unreal Tournament 3

Title : JumpMod / MultiJump
    Version : 2.1.0
    Release Date : January 19, 2008
    Author : Bob_Gneu
    Email : Bob.Chatman@gmail.com
    Download & Further Information : http://wordpress.gneu.org/index.php/...ases/jump-mod/

Mutator Information
    Game : UT3
    Name : Multi Jump
    Type: : Mutator
    New Sounds : No
    New Music : No
    New Textures : Mo
    New StaticMeshes/Models : No
    New UnrealScript : Yes
    Description : This is a revision to the previously released version of the MultiJump Mutator worked on by KewlAzMe and Myself.
    Known bugs : None
    To Do : None

Code Link

Update Change Log:
      • Reworked Networking to be more efficient by avoiding use of the global iterators
      • Added Server Load Message to confirm that installation is taking place properly instead of hoping.
      • Add Mutate options to mutator.
      • In your console you can now tweak the values for this mutator on the fly.
      • I also added the same error checking and reworked a bit of the code.
      • Reworked the networking to avoid use of the Tick function altogether. I am quite satisfied with this one and hope you guys like this release as much as i did creating and figuring it out.
      • A small update with some fufu changes to the config menu to make the text more readable
      • Some error checking to keep the .ini file from being abused
      • =) This is the fully functional version of the mutator
      • I reworked the entire codebase for this ****er and tested it for nearly four hours on fifteen servers.
        • It works,
        • it works across rounds,
        • it works on dedicated servers,
        • it works on listen servers,
        • it works on lan games,
        • it works on local host games against the bots, although the bots dont use it… they arent cool like you and i
      • Replication is currently working, i think. I spent a good four hours testing this with some of the guys in #UnrealScript and it worked.
      • Two possible bugs exist
        • One person lost their key bindings and had to reset them. Did not repeat.
        • Jump Boots
          • You no longer get the boost that they provide,although you do get the cool sound effect (initially)
          • After a round is completed however the boost returns.
          • A semi-reoccuring bug that I cannot narrow down the cause to is that the jump boots give the wearer 255 jumps randomly. This occured when I was playing before the replication as well, so I dont know if there is anything that I can do about this at this point in time, although I will gladly look into it when time permits.
      • With JumpMod itself working I have abandoned the QuadJump.
      • Revised Replication again; conclusion - i have to do some extra coding tomorrow afternoon.
      • Release of explicit quad jump mutator.
      • Added Replication Information to allow servers to run mutator.
    Installation
    All you have to do is unzip the file into your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame Directory.

Dedicated (Comercial) Server Installation
    Unzip the folder directly into your UTGame folder.
    If you can avoid this at all i highly suggest you do b/c i have been told by quite a few people to avoid editing the game directory directly.
    Enjoy

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
    [*]Two possible bugs exist
    • One person lost their key bindings and had to reset them. Did not repeat.
    • Jump Boots
      • You no longer get the boost that they provide,although you do get the cool sound effect (initially)
      • After a round is completed however the boost returns.
      • A semi-reoccuring bug that I cannot narrow down the cause to is that the jump boots give the wearer 255 jumps randomly. This occured when I was playing before the replication as well, so I dont know if there is anything that I can do about this at this point in time, although I will gladly look into it when time permits.
    The 255 jumps is caused when you have more than 1 jump remaining after initial jump. You get 255 jumps when you have only 1 remaining jump and do multi jump where it removes the last jump boot jump and then jump again while in mid air. I have yet figured a way to stop the bug but i know what causes it. In my Configurable UT3 mutator I have the option to change the number of jumps and this occurs in there as well.

It will also give 255 in the level is big enough to allow you to do more than 1 jump after the initial jump boot boost and have more than 1 remaining jump boot boost.

To fix I would assume you just do a check to see how many boosts are left. Basically the bug is it removes 1 from the remaining boost count every jump you make after the first jump. So when you are down to 1 jump boost remaining and do multi jump it gives 255 jumps remaining since it can't be a negative number and the max for the value I assume is 255.

Comment

Thank you for that input. I will look into it. =) As soon as im done watching Cloverfield.

Comment

download has a broken file... I'm guessing you took it down for a minute?
        well it says it's damaged anyway and will not open.

Comment

Oh? What file is that? It works fine for me.

Give this link a try

http://www.fileplanet.com/183936/180...-Mutator---UT3

Comment

Maybe it's just me but i keep getting this msg on the file..
            ! C:\Documents and Settings\PingFre@K\Desktop\jumpmod.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
            I used winrar to open it and got this message..
            Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

I just downloaded it and opened it on four computers and all worked fine, including a computer without 7zip installed. . I will be updating the rar this evening, but from my experience so far i would bet that the download was faulty. I added another link to a location on file planet which may help.

I noticed you have an @ in your user name path, try moving it to a benign location like c:/ or something of that accord.

Comment

ahh, I see now, it is in .rar format/ i have winrar, you say it's 7zip/ i have 7zip as well/ i opened archive with 7zip and all is well. Thank you. I will have much fun with this.

Comment

I was able to open it up with winrar, maybe you have an older version?

Comment

I'm sure I do, it's version 3.2;
                    I've never had a file with the .rar file extension that used 7zip to open.
                    I'd prefer to use the plain 7zip extension or regular zip for compression. I try to stay away from .rar, and the only reason is because, ...
                    I think it was ut2004mi or an utility like it, wouldn't install my .rar muts for me; wouldn't install the ones with packaged code in them as well. ... In any case I can now open the file.. LOL.

I see you have 3 folders there.
                    Src for the code, That's cool.
                    Also, Config and Published. I can assume that these will go to the Documents area for install. So did that. In game I see, is the mut called 'Multi Jump" Even tho the zip says JumpMod?
                    Reguardless, After installation There was no config to be used nor did it do anything in game;
                    Again, I assume, this is due to incorrect install perhaps.
                    Always have problems with installs not being correct. 9/10 installs tell you to do it incorrectly. Personally I really don't understand the file structure.

The install setup is incorrect.
                    The config is pretty much a gimme; we know where that goes.
                    So I dipped into the published folder in your install ... I took the file from package and sent it to the main dir in a folder called UI and the .u file over to the CookedPC Main Dir. The mutator works now....

Thanks for your jumpmod Bob.

Comment

im sorry, i dont understand what you have said. My directories are incorrect in the rar? All you have to do is unrar the files into the UTGames Directory and it will put them where they need to go automagically. I may be misinterpretting your comments but you are the first person to have issues with the install for this. Are you moving the files individually?

The structure is as follows:

Code:
                      My Documents/
                          My Games/
                              Unreal Tournament 3/
                                  UTGame/
                                      Config/
                                          UTJumpMod.ini
                                          UTUIJumpMod.ini
                                       Published/
                                           CookedPC/
                                               Localization/
                                                   JumpMod.int
                                               Packages/
                                                   UIJumpMod.upk
                                               Script/
                                                   JumpMod.u

Comment

I am going to be correcting the name of the mod with a small update tonight, It will now show up in the list as JumpMod.

Comment

I made a couple changes to this, since tick was taken out the only thing left to remove was dependence on the global iterators. From my testing it didnt seem like much of a relief, but it has been done.

I also took some time to rename everything so it made more sense and didnt require you all to go insane trying to remember the syntax i was using.

The string to include this mutator is now

?mutator=JumpMod.JumpMod

Comment

Working...
                          X