Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm working on a new release, 1.2. Planned changes are simulated "leaning" and an ambient sound for when the jetpack is active. Still researching lighting, and in a new test map I created, it seems that bez is right - it has to do with the lighting in the map, as my test map shows the jetpack lit as expected.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for this Mod, its fun to mess with.
    Is there away of telling how much fuel you have that I have missed?
    If not then a fuel Bar and being able to set the Fuel and Hight Cap whould be great if you feel like adding more features one day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The difference is that the jetpack item itself is being hard attached to the player's pawn's skeletalmesh, which changes how lighting and such works for it. It's not the same has having a standalone object.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tested and this works, mesh now gets lighting in both low world detail and if no dynamic lights are near by.

Code:
    var DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent LightEnvironment;
    Code:
    reliable client function ClientGivenTo(Pawn NewOwner, bool bDoNotActivate)
    {
    	local utPawn mypawn;

mypawn = UTPawn(Instigator);

if (mypawn != None)
            {
                       SkelMesh.SetLightEnvironment(mypawn.LightEnvironment);
            }

super.ClientGivenTo(NewOwner, bDoNotActivate);
    	return;
    }
    Code:
    defaultproperties
    {
           	Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=MyLightEnvironment
    	        bEnabled=TRUE
    	        bDynamic=false        
            End Object
    	Components.Add(MyLightEnvironment)
    	LightEnvironment=MyLightEnvironment

Begin Object class=SkeletalMeshComponent name=SMC0
    		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'jetpack_mesh.Jetpack'
       End Object
       SkelMesh=SMC0
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bez : I play with both texture and world detail set at 5, so that's not the problem.

As an aside, I'm working on a rocket launcher that takes the player's velocity into account for the rocket velocities. Yes, like a Spinfuzor, only this one will also knock players down if they're caught in the blast (ragdoll mode, like feigning death).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the insight Bez,I hope it can be fixed....

But I would rather have the jetpack model ingame....it looks really cool minus the crazy colors lol.I dont want that out it gives the game a nice visual touch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why not just remove the graphical part of the PS3 version completely? Like, have the ability to fly around with the PC Jetpack mod but without the actual jetpack model. It'll just be a flight ability.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Code:
    var() const editconst LightEnvironmentComponent LightEnvironment;

defaultproperties
    {
        	Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=MyLightEnvironment
    	        bEnabled=TRUE
    	        bDynamic=FALSE
            End Object
    	Components.Add(MyLightEnvironment)

Begin Object class=SkeletalMeshComponent name=mySkeletalMeshComponent
    		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'watever'
            End Object
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe the texture LOD setting needs changing to somthing other than world
    this could also help for the low setting thing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as mentioned in previous post, the model is only receiving lighting on the dynamic light channel
    so if its not near a dynamic light or the world detail is set too low it appears unlit

I see it fine aslong as I am not in the lowest world detail

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    I too would like to know how you got the jetpack to look so nice in-game. I've been playing with the code to try to figure out why the jetpack doesn't light properly on my machine (and most, and until today I thought all, others).

As for the PS3 version, I just run the packages through the cooker. I don't know how to affect how textures get cooked so as to not be psychadelic on the PS3.

I guess there seems to be a texture code not properly done or bug....I guess its difficult to find out where it is....but its weird to see the color changed lol

Maybe you can ask someone who is more familiar with cooking things for the PS3 maybe they can find out what the problem is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I too would like to know how you got the jetpack to look so nice in-game. I've been playing with the code to try to figure out why the jetpack doesn't light properly on my machine (and most, and until today I thought all, others).

As for the PS3 version, I just run the packages through the cooker. I don't know how to affect how textures get cooked so as to not be psychadelic on the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** Buffy,awesome pics BUT the jetpack doesnt look like that at ALL in the PS3...its all black with rainbow color texture on it? Looks like a texture problem or something not cooked right.

**** I want that jetpack!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks really cool in game

but Bot dont flying can you make Bot use Jetpack too ?
    I want Jango and Boba model now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I tried it out and it works great BUT whats with the rainbow colors on the jetpack model? Is it supposed to be that way? Maybe you should make different models for each class....for what ever class that person is using in the game.

Model 1.Ronin
    Model 2.Iron Guard
    Model 3.Necris
    Model 4.Linandri
    Model 5.Krall

I think it would be cool but I know its something that takes time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X