Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    With a concept as great as a jet pack, it's disappointing that the models and textures can't be put together to fit with the Iron Guard, Ronin, Necris, Krall, and Liandri models-- and then team skins. I understand it's a lot of work, but it's a frigging jet pack! This is a worthy use of modder's time.

Moreover, it'd be great to have bots use it. And, not to sound critical, I'm also not fond of the way this jetpack controls. Acceleration feels weird-- too fast once you get going for it to really work in any kind of serious gameplay.

Fighting a raptor in the air is pretty awesome, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You probably should put in the readme install instructions for dedicated server using -nohomedir because its quite different than the install for a retail version game running from my docs. And most dedicated use -nohomedir!

I believe for a -nohomdir install the .u file goes into:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\CookedPC

The .upk I assume also goes into:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\CookedPC

And the .ini goes into:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Config

It worked this way for push to client from server but I dont think the pack was visible to the client! Ill try it again..

Or your install dir may be D:\ or E:\ ect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah i think you need to have the jetpack v1.2 and DM-island two separate cook files downloads for the PS3,not one package download.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://unrealtournament2004.filefron.../Jetpack;86116

~Death Dream~

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    That's odd, though it may be an issue with the PS3 using a single ini for things. The mutator works fine on my PC.

Awww man,I hope someone can figure out way the new version is so cool.

Hmmm...I have an idea how about creating a version without the DM-islands? Maybe there is a conflict with the mutator/map package....it has to be two different cook files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's odd, though it may be an issue with the PS3 using a single ini for things. The mutator works fine on my PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i select it I wanted to use the new version on other open space DM maps but its not working in the game....I can select the mutator but it doesnt work on any map but DM-Island.

I redownload the PS3 version link and still the same problem...not sure why it doesnt work on other maps besides DM island.

Note-I deleted the old version because of the texture problem....and downloaded the new v1.2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, you should see a mutator for use with other maps. Do you not see it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Problem with v1.2 the mutator only works in the DM island for the PS3 it doesnt work on other maps?

**** i love the improved version the sound FX and all but its not working on other maps? do I need to download a different link for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MisterTrioxin : no, team skins are not supported, and unless a really good justification for them come up, I don't foresee that being implemented.

BuffyTheSlayer : if you find yourself so inclined, could you take some nice screenshots of the jetpack like you did for the original mesh? The new mesh deserves some pimpage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yay !

nice update thank you !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice update, dude. I'm going to try it out later tonight.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but would it be possible to add teamskins to the jetpack model?

They're not really needed or anything, but I think having a red/blue racing stripe down both of the tubes/thrusters/gastanks/whateverthey'recalled (teamcoloring the entire mesh would be a bit much) would give it a nice feel in team games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Jetpack updated to version 1.2, includes a revamped (and nicer) mesh and texture by bez. Also released a quickie map I made for Jetpack called DM-Sky-Islands. See first post for details.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi was just thinking it would also be cool if you could have the option to use this mod to replace Jump boots with a Jet-pack pickup. So the only person in the level with jet-pack is the one that gets the power-up. It whould need some kinda time limit for this to work well, maybe fuel?
    Just a thought, nice mods as it stands.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to hear a improve version is in the works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X