No announcement yet.

Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded it and it has great potential but it needs to go forward faster. Its like having jump boots. I would like see it least the same speed as a Raptor forward for me to use it on my sever. I guess im too much of a Tribes freak. If you could make an option for the forward speed in your .ini file. lets say 1-100 fasted would be manta speed ( 100 ). That would be great. I think is just too slow for me at this time. I really think it could work if you had an adjustable forward speed config area in you .ini file

IMHO it has great potential

Comment

Works great on the PS3 and clients are able to download from the server.. Thanks.

Comment

Cornholio - the idea is that it's not a vehicle replacement. It's a jetpack that accelerates you upwards, that's it.

Comment

What's the base color for the Jetpack supposed to be? It shows up as yellow when I start, but then changes to black and then becomes rainbow-y. Playing on PS3 btw. It is a little distracting, even though the Jetpack itself works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
            Cornholio - the idea is that it's not a vehicle replacement. It's a jetpack that accelerates you upwards, that's it.
            Well sorry no insult was intended. I was on the impression that your jetpack moved forward like in Tribes. My mistake. O'well thanks anyway and have fun with it

Cya

Comment

Ok I tried it out and it works great BUT whats with the rainbow colors on the jetpack model? Is it supposed to be that way? Maybe you should make different models for each class....for what ever class that person is using in the game.

Model 1.Ronin
              Model 2.Iron Guard
              Model 3.Necris
              Model 4.Linandri
              Model 5.Krall

I think it would be cool but I know its something that takes time...

Comment

looks really cool in game

but Bot dont flying can you make Bot use Jetpack too ?
                I want Jango and Boba model now

Comment

**** Buffy,awesome pics BUT the jetpack doesnt look like that at ALL in the PS3...its all black with rainbow color texture on it? Looks like a texture problem or something not cooked right.

**** I want that jetpack!

Comment

I too would like to know how you got the jetpack to look so nice in-game. I've been playing with the code to try to figure out why the jetpack doesn't light properly on my machine (and most, and until today I thought all, others).

As for the PS3 version, I just run the packages through the cooker. I don't know how to affect how textures get cooked so as to not be psychadelic on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
                      I too would like to know how you got the jetpack to look so nice in-game. I've been playing with the code to try to figure out why the jetpack doesn't light properly on my machine (and most, and until today I thought all, others).

As for the PS3 version, I just run the packages through the cooker. I don't know how to affect how textures get cooked so as to not be psychadelic on the PS3.

I guess there seems to be a texture code not properly done or bug....I guess its difficult to find out where it is....but its weird to see the color changed lol

Maybe you can ask someone who is more familiar with cooking things for the PS3 maybe they can find out what the problem is.

Comment

as mentioned in previous post, the model is only receiving lighting on the dynamic light channel
                        so if its not near a dynamic light or the world detail is set too low it appears unlit

I see it fine aslong as I am not in the lowest world detail

Comment

maybe the texture LOD setting needs changing to somthing other than world
                          this could also help for the low setting thing

Comment

Code:
                            var() const editconst LightEnvironmentComponent LightEnvironment;

defaultproperties
                            {
                                	Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=MyLightEnvironment
                            	        bEnabled=TRUE
                            	        bDynamic=FALSE
                                    End Object
                            	Components.Add(MyLightEnvironment)
                            	LightEnvironment=MyLightEnvironment

Begin Object class=SkeletalMeshComponent name=mySkeletalMeshComponent
                            		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'watever'
                            		LightEnvironment=MyLightEnvironment
                                    End Object
                            }

Comment

Why not just remove the graphical part of the PS3 version completely? Like, have the ability to fly around with the PC Jetpack mod but without the actual jetpack model. It'll just be a flight ability.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Bez,I hope it can be fixed....

But I would rather have the jetpack model ingame....it looks really cool minus the crazy colors lol.I dont want that out it gives the game a nice visual touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X