No announcement yet.

Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some areas in maps the lights dont use the dynamic light channel so the mesh would apear black. try an area near a door that opens and close and see if the jetpack gets lighting then

@ Pfhoenix I think a DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent added in the SkeletalMeshComponent might solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by bez View Post
      some areas in maps the lights dont use the dynamic light channel so the mesh would apear black. try an area near a door that opens and close and see if the jetpack gets lighting then

@ Pfhoenix I think a DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent added in the SkeletalMeshComponent might solve it.
      NO, it's black all of the time. I have it on 2 computers and the jet pack has no skin on either. Version 1.0 worked fine of both computers. By the way, I am playing with the Action Cam mutator so I can see it when I am playing. Maybe the mutators don't get along?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
        NO, it's black all of the time. I have it on 2 computers and the jet pack has no skin on either. Version 1.0 worked fine of both computers. By the way, I am playing with the Action Cam mutator so I can see it when I am playing. maybe the mutators don't bet along?
        i also was using the Action Cam mutator..

Comment

Truly Awesome

Comment

Well I check this out when I get home tonite. If it works were gonna need a Tribes or Tribes 2 maps to go with this jet pack lol

Comment

would it be possible to set a height restriction on it?

just as when you get to the top you bounce along the ceiling in effect lol... would be good if you could stop going up just before this point

Comment

No, each level has its own defined height and it'd be impossible for the jetpack to somehow know when to cut off before hitting any desired ceiling (whether by a "maximum allowable altitude" value or physical limit on player location by level design).

Comment

You could consider limiting the amount of time that the boosters can be activated to limit height. Making it user selectable would be ideal. What if it reduces health if used or better Abused?

Comment

"abused" is an issue of perspective and desired gameplay.

I'll be looking into having a fuel-usage and limit (options modifiable in the ini file) for the next release, along with addressing the lighting issue.

The problem with this is that PS3 users have no access to ini files, nor the ability to use custom UIScenes (for mutator configuration windows). This is the primary reason why I haven't done this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
                      "abused" is an issue of perspective and desired gameplay.

lol my friend and i just spent the entire time of two matches in the air.

TIP: zap them with the alt fire of the link gun ... lmao down they go. for some reason it switches them on to the hover board.. not alot of good from that height

Comment

Someone ought to make a level with some islands suspended in air, with just linkguns and rocket launchers for weaponry (intended for use with the jetpack mutator, of course).

Brad.G : does the player really go into hoverboard mode, or are you saying they go into ragdoll mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                          Well I check this out when I get home tonite. If it works were gonna need a Tribes or Tribes 2 maps to go with this jet pack lol
                          You sir, are made of absolute win, and speak the Truth.

Tribes Maps are absolutely fun to play around in.

Just Skip Tribes 3, everyone hated that one. Tribes 2 maps were, how should I say, awesome?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
                            Someone ought to make a level with some islands suspended in air, with just linkguns and rocket launchers for weaponry (intended for use with the jetpack mutator, of course).

Brad.G : does the player really go into hoverboard mode, or are you saying they go into ragdoll mode?
                            as i said by all means try it. if you need someone to zap give me a shout and il join your server

Comment

Can you take a screenshot of this? Does it happen when they die or as soon as they're hit by the link beam?

Comment

as soon as theyre hit ... then they die as they bounce off the ground. although i didnt get credit for his death.. il try and get a screenshot when im on it next

Comment

Working...
                                X