Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If you'd please, play a game with the mutator, and then PM me, attaching the log file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's bound to the I key which is set to a mouse button in setpoint. It works to jump so i figured thats all that mattered. But i looked in the launch log anyways but man, thats one huge text file? I'd do a text search if i knew exactly what to look for. Maybe i'll try binding the spacebar to jump just to check and see if it works like that.

I used your 2004 version forever ! Used to love that thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What jump key are you pressing? When you run a game with the mutator, afterwards, check your Launch.log file and see if there are any lines where the mutator logged detecting keybinds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking at the read me it seems in this new version it is supposed to not require any manual editing of the input ini, correct? It still doesn't work for me tho. The pack appears on my player's back, but the jump key only makes me jump. Holding it down also doesn't work. Any ideas? I put the ini in the config folder and the jet pack folder in published/cooked pc. Seems odd that the pack appears but i can't fly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SpeedBump should, yes. If you post specifics on what you're doing in the SpeedBump thread, I'd be glad to answer there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC........ when i crash with something hard... supposedly the speedbump should make me fall to the ground shouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unfortunately, bot support would require a custom AIController class, and that's really outside the realm of a mutator (not to mention a lot of work). I did include a pickupfactory class for mappers that want to add the Jetpack to their maps.

Akolyte01 - make sure you unzip all the map files to the proper CustomMaps directory in your user profile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I'm better at flying it now. Maps that had these spawning would be so awesome, is it possible to get the bots to do it? If the control wasn't so dramatic they might be able to be taught to use those flying pathnodes. You could have a configuration to lessen or strengthen the power of the pack. I love the idea of squadrons of guys whizzing around large maps built for them, but making a map just for online play doesn't sound like a great idea. Unless you know any servers that already run maps like that. I'd love to try them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The white glow that Omega's picture is showing is something I've seen before with the Bender skin on PS3. This seems to be why Epic mentioned that the custom textures/models would only work in a total conversion. Since the PS3 uses RAM differently than PC it can't handle adding a bunch of stuff to the existing engine.

I don't actually understand it from a tehcnical point of view though, since flatwarz is almost nothing but custom textures and runs flawlessly on PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got the Jetpack to work.....

But not the map

I followed the readme exactly but I'm just not getting it to show up in my map browser. Also I can't get speed bump to work either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Squiggles : the leaning does need a bit of explanation, as I'm sure that would clear up the differences between what you expected and how leaning behaves.

When the Jetpack is on, when you hold down a movement key (forwards/backwards/strafe), the Jetpack will lean progressively in that direction up to a maximum lean angle (it works out to 45 degrees). For as long as you hold down the keys, the lean will be maintained. When you let go of the movement keys, you will see the lean move back to neutral position (no lean), and if you let go of jump turning off the jetpack altogether, lean is immediately reset to neutral. The jetpack thrusts you upwards at the angle determined by lean, so neutral position is perfectly vertical, while maximum lean is at a 45 degree angle upwards off of perfectly vertical. At neutral lean, you will experience full vertical acceleration, while at maximum lean, you will experience vertical acceleration that counters gravity and a lot of horizontal acceleration (with a gradient between the two based on how much you are leaning).

Jetpack lean is *not* AirSpeed based. AirControl is still in effect, but it is very much dwarfed by the jetpack lean for as long as the jetpack is on. Understanding the leaning will make it easier for you to quickly maneuver in the air. I've personally found that simply holding down all the keys won't make you nimble in the air; you want short bursts of turning the jetpack off and on to quickly reset lean, and effective use of your normal AirControl while the jetpack is off is also valuable in keeping you alive in the air.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doesn't sound like that issue would be specific to Warfare. Are you using the PC or PS3 versions? Can you faithfully reproduce the problem via a particular set of steps?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey.... sometimes when you get killed say like in warfare and with the jetpack mut and speedbump, if u hit something, u cant shoot but you dont get knocked down but can still move....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is really fun, but I think it's too hard to fly effectively. And it would be really cool to have it spawning in custom maps, except the bots don't use it, which is a real killer. And even if they did, I can't imagine it would be very well, I can barely fly the thing. If you could get the bots to use it I would love to have it feature in a map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This has me thinking that the PS3 cooking process does something very odd to texture packages. Of course, another issue might be texture size and streaming, since the new texture is larger than before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X