Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If someone is able to tell me binds the PS3 controller uses, I can make the changes necessary to get this working on the controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well.... i'm gonna try this out for PS3 later today.... i was wondering... do you have to Click L3 and hold to fly?.... or hold X?.... i noticed some people saying that it worked on the keyboard.... there are two ways to jump using the controller... has anyone tried Both?

i'll post my results here... thanks for the mod!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which means the controller isn't using the same keybinds, interesting.

As for the recharge/fuel bar - that's a feature I had with my last Jetpack version for UT2004. I'll consider it; issue is setting up the options - I really dislike the UI.

I'll look into using the flag bone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol it worked with the keyboard

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just tried this out on the PS3. It works with the keyboard but not the controller.

Great mod!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the link, ANick. I downloaded it and tried it out right away.

What I like:
    Handling is really good, gives UT a nice Tribes-like feel.

What I don't like:
    How the Jetpack is displayed. It basically floats behind a player and doesn't even stay in the same position when the player moves. Why didn't you utilize the method that is used to attach the flagpoles to the players' backs? Flags stick perfectly in their position and move with the player accordingly and by using this method, the jetpack could do so as well. Besides, the flag-joint bone on the players' backs would be the perfect spot for a jetpack anyway...

Further suggestions:
    An optional, self-recharging energy bar for the jetpack would be nice. That way you'd have to use some decent energy management, adding depth and tactical choices. At the moment, everyone can fly around ad infinitum, which could get a little boring quite fast (and might be regarded overpowered as well). Not to say that it wouldn't be fun being able to fly around at all time, that's why I think that an energy bar should be an option instead of mandatory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ANick View Post
    thanks nick

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a probelm with the anti-gravity field in DM-Gateway. You get stuck if you use the jetpack while in the anti-gravity field.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try this:

http://mep.beyondunreal.com/files/jetpack3_1.0.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Database error on the link if you need a mirror let me know and il put it on my server for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look in your UTInput.ini . If you can remap your L1 key through the GUI, do that, and what you want to look for is that the "Command" part of the binding is "GBA_Jump".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya I dont know why that did not dawn on me to put the files with the main content!

Anyway ya I know about the redirect and still waiting for the UCC.exe for that ect.

I just wanted to see if this would push and indeed it does.

Works pretty good using the space key to activate it ect.

Only thing is I use a PS3 controller connected via USB to PC and my jump key is bound to L1 on that controller and that will not activate it so?

I might be able to make an adjustment in my UTInput.ini to remedy that im not sure.

But bottom line is I think you got a WINNER here!!

Nice work..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try putting the .upk file in Content\Jetpack under the UT3 install directory. Put the .u file wherever the other .u files are (also somewhere under Content). To my knowledge, you don't have to update any ini specifically for the package to be used and pushed to clients. However, you may want to encourage people to download and install the mutator anyways, as it'll prevent them from sucking up server bandwidth due to a lack of download redirecting with UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You want to explain how to install this to a free dedicated server using -nohomedir?

My free dedicated server boots from its local install directory and not my documents like the retail version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BeyondUnreal is having some database issues right now. I've modified the link there, thanks ANick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X