No announcement yet.

Jetpack for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpeedBump should, yes. If you post specifics on what you're doing in the SpeedBump thread, I'd be glad to answer there.

Comment

Looking at the read me it seems in this new version it is supposed to not require any manual editing of the input ini, correct? It still doesn't work for me tho. The pack appears on my player's back, but the jump key only makes me jump. Holding it down also doesn't work. Any ideas? I put the ini in the config folder and the jet pack folder in published/cooked pc. Seems odd that the pack appears but i can't fly.

Comment

What jump key are you pressing? When you run a game with the mutator, afterwards, check your Launch.log file and see if there are any lines where the mutator logged detecting keybinds.

Comment

It's bound to the I key which is set to a mouse button in setpoint. It works to jump so i figured thats all that mattered. But i looked in the launch log anyways but man, thats one huge text file? I'd do a text search if i knew exactly what to look for. Maybe i'll try binding the spacebar to jump just to check and see if it works like that.

I used your 2004 version forever ! Used to love that thing.

Comment

If you'd please, play a game with the mutator, and then PM me, attaching the log file.

Comment

Sure, give me a few minutes and i'll PM you.

Comment

Hmmm.........i was just looking thru it fo a minute and saw this.......

Log: Failed to find Package GuidCache_Jetpack to FullyLoad [FullyLoadType = 3, Tag = ]
                Log: Failed to find Package GuidCache_Jetpack to FullyLoad [FullyLoadType = 3, Tag = ]

Like i said, i put everything just where it says in the read me. But apparently it's looking for something to be elsewhere. Maybe the files except the ini should go in the program files directory?

EDIT:i tried to PM you the log but it won't allow mw to send that much text. and i couldn't find a option to send an attachment.

Comment

Those are not the relevant log entries. E-mail me the log file (attached please, not included in the body of the e-mail) at pfhoenix@beyondunreal.com .

Comment

would it be easy enough to include an option in the ini file were you can prevent players carrying a flag with the jetpack? CTF is over pretty quickly with this mutator lol

Comment

The problem with configurable settings is, again, that PS3 users have no way to set those settings for themselves. If enough people are actually using this on public servers, I might put some effort into configurability.

Comment

I'll have to wait till tonite when i get home from work but i'll email it.

Comment

It would be great to have an option that uses the stallz limit which flying vehicles use...

Comment

Only problem is that not every map was designed for vehicles, and as such, not every map has StallZ set to an appropriate value (if at all). As I've said before, until Epic figures out how to make the PS3 use custom UIScenes, I will not be working on making Jetpack very configurable. The effort required needs to be worth the payoff, and right now, that isn't the case.

Comment

Lately when I start my jetpack, I go to a 3rd. person view. It sort of comes and goes. It seems to reset and work when a new match starts.

Comment

When i go in 3rd person mode it seems as if i keep jumping the whole time when i use it. Also when i killed i spawn without it until i get killed again or pick it up(is it suppose to drop?) Plus the jetpack just doesn't feel right I'm using 1.2. Is anyone else having these problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X