DM-Shrine2 [screenshots+D/L]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ur-name-here View Post
    Well If you read "all" of the comments you would understand by the top picture here.
    Ppl usually show their work first as "Alpha, or Beta" first for the constructive comments ur looking for.
    This is a full release section!!!

If they want to bypass the Beta mod Threads, then I believe they can handle the constructive criticism.
    Can i see one of your maps?

sorry, i dont think you really have a clue how much work goes in to them. he's a new mapper.. new mappers dont start off with big projects.

with regards to Betas, i dont release betas i dont believe in them. i have a couple of guys try it out but im confident with my coding so theres no point. if i know it works, then it works.

just be greatful someone new is learning to map. as one day you may find yourself playing a map he made which is mind blowingly good.

theres constructive critisism in a nice way, then constructive critisism which belittles them. yours was the latter.

Comment

map looks good from screenies but i cant get it working only has dm-shrine.ini zmaterials_1.upk and zmaterials_2.upk. have lots of other user maps i have got working but this one wont go

Comment

Oops looks like the one thing missing is the map file!

I will upload the file again (with the map lol )

Comment

Okay it is now fixed.

Comment

thanks zmaps cheers for sharing your work

Comment

Okay can confirm for everyone else this map now works. only had a quick blast on it coz i have to go to shops. Personally i thought it looked pretty good for a first map zmaps. Congrats. Sure it is a limited layout but now you will be confident to tackle a bigger project. Looking fwd to your next project. Beta testing can come in handy although i can see why you wouldnt bother with this as is relatively easy to test yourself. I guess ultimately its up to the mapper and obviously some people havent heard the saying "dont look a gift horse in the mouth" Thanks again

Comment

Screenshots look cool, please cook this for PS3. I know you said you don't know how, I am sure someone could tell you or even do it for you.

Comment

Nice map.

To everyone complaining that it's unoriginal and lacks imagination, STFU, don't download or delete it if you have. If you're only judging what a map is or isn't just by looking at a screenie, then as I said, STFU!

Comment

Originally posted by b0b7h3r1pp3r View Post
                    again I am going to agree with ur-name-here. The majority of you that are ****** haven't even tried the map. I somewhat enjoy the layout of this map, so i can't criticize it too much, but if an author doesn't even want to take the time to release as beta (no matter how polished the map is beforehand) then he/she should be ready to receive criticism and possibly even ridicule.
                    Ridicule? Man, there are so many kids being raised without manners these days...

Comment

Too right.

How would ANY good maps ever be made if all beginner mappers had to put up with ridicule?

If a new mapper releases a basic/small map and gets abuse for it then why would they bother to upload their super, amazing, huge, revolutionary map that they spent months? I know I would have second thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by ur-name-here View Post
                        It seems like u and War Lozenge r putting out maps that are very basic and with not much imagination. Ppl r going to realize this soon.
                        You might try and spend alot more time on 1 to make them better than tring to establish yourselves as good modders.
                        Awesome maps! Fast and fun with 8 players.

Comment

Working...
                        X