No announcement yet.

CTF-TwistedFACE-ULTRA PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely beautiful map...very professionally done!!

Thanks again for making it. Looking forward to any future creations by your team

Comment

for some reason im having a hard time dling the ps3 one

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
        There are no framerate drops on the PS3 version. None that I saw anyway. Ran a smooth as ex-lax. While playing it, all i could see in my head was you typing that you dropped the polycount, and I was thinking you probably didn't have to if you did it just for the PS3 version. What is the visual difference between now and then? Just as a note to you and other modders, the PS3 handled this map and was asking for more. But yet the trees on Bunker makes it choke a bit. I wonder why? I'd figure this background animation would take up more memory than those trees, but mabey not, those leaves were all highly detailed and moving induvidually. Anyway, whatever it is on this map that would slow down the PS3 if it was too much, this isn't too much, not a single framerate drop. Odd too that downpour is slowing up PCs and not PS3s.
        There are probably a lot of Polygons in the trees. Some effects tax the system, but overall effects mean nothing to FPS...... mostly Poly count.

Comment

this looks amazing i seriously don't know how you guys do it!!!!!!

Comment

I'm new to the ps3 universe, where would be a good place to advertise this map? I sent an email to PSU.com and I'm not sure which are the highest traffic ps3 sites.

Comment

Not sure, I got my version of the map through UT3MOD.com, and I must say this is looking very impressive and fun. I did experience what some framerate drops though, offline by the way. Granted, I had the mutator that had slo mo on when you killed someone, so it could be that.

Comment

I was getting 70 to 90 FPS in the map with world and the other detail run at max.

Vsync and smooth framerate was off, and I was running it at 1024x768 on an Asus 22" widescreen.

Also ran it at 1680x1050, but I forget what the FPS was.

Map looks good, I see doors were added to the entrance to the flag room, new from the first two maps I tried.

Comment

doors were added so it wouldn't have to render the interiors at all times. Cuz the engine is made to "CULL" (not show polygons behind the scenery) and i'm pretty sure it helps the fps a bunch Plus they look **** cool with the hand made kismet animations I added.
                  I wish the servers were more populated and I could play it with a full crowd, but seems like there's only a few servers with a lot of players, even on the STOCK maps.
                  Hopefully that'll change on the weekends

Frag-own!

Comment

good map only low fps when 16 bots on ps3 online perfect

Comment

Originally posted by NeoGzus View Post
                      doors were added so it wouldn't have to render the interiors at all times. Cuz the engine is made to "CULL" (not show polygons behind the scenery) and i'm pretty sure it helps the fps a bunch Plus they look **** cool with the hand made kismet animations I added.
                      I wish the servers were more populated and I could play it with a full crowd, but seems like there's only a few servers with a lot of players, even on the STOCK maps.

Frag-own!
                      Cough Cough,...... I made the side doors.

Are the PS3 servers getting a good number of people?

Comment

Frag-own!
                        well you need to also remember that the game only came out a month ago on PS3 in USA and furthermore the game is not even released on PS3 in Europe, Asia(as far as I'm aware) nor Australia.

So you're going to see a lot more people and servers set up when the game is released in those countries.

Comment

I'm new to the ps3 universe, where would be a good place to advertise this map? I sent an email to PSU.com and I'm not sure which are the highest traffic ps3 sites.
                          http://n4g.com/PS3/games/Unreal_Tournament_3.aspx
                          This seems to be a popular place for PS3 news. Looks like someone is regularly posting there which does boost the awareness.

ps3.ign.com
                          That would be ideal if somehow they could report on it.

Comment

Ok my impressions of the map is that it is awesome fun. It is similar to UT99 face which I love.

There is a hit in framerate at times but that doesn't bother me at all because I used to play UT on PC and I can handle framerate drops just fine. In any event it hardly ever dropped anyways, and I was playing with 12bots.

I like that map. It has great graphics with the earth and I like the clouds and the doors are sweet as well. Great map, well done!

PS: Thanks for compiling it for PS3 as well

Comment

Great map! Awesome detail as well. Only minor nitpick from me is that everything in outer space rotates a bit too fast. And the stars rotating bothers me as well. But still one of the best maps released so far! Thanks for your guys hard work. I'll be sure to spread it around to get it running on more servers.

Comment

Nighteye is freakin awesome for working on those automatic doors. They give the place just that extra goodness. Mwahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X