Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-TwistedFACE-ULTRA PC & PS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    wowo thank you so much for thies one ! so cool , anyway i can pay you back for cooking it to ps3 also

    Comment


      #62
      I must thank you for the PS3 version. I have not played it yet, but it looks absolutely killer.

      THANK YOU!

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Please use the SHOT tags when posting large images. Please also use the proper posting format found here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=583697
        Flak, Thank you for consolidating the threads.

        Originally posted by silverwolf761 View Post
        I must thank you for the PS3 version. I have not played it yet, but it looks absolutely killer.

        THANK YOU!
        The best part is, it plays even better than it looks.

        Comment


          #64
          I just tried hosting an online game, and what I noticed was that the framerate really only seems to drop when you kill someone. I didn't have any mutators running and as soon as I got the kill it would slow down. I didn't know if that meant anything or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

          Again, this is such an awesome map. I can't wait until someone puts up a dedicated server for it. There are like 3 servers running Bathroom right now, I wish one of them would host this map instead.

          Comment


            #65
            Man this map is awesome. I was looking more at space than playing the game. The planets look awesome. Worked awesome on the PS3, noticed some FPS drop in some areas when using Speedfreak. But when not using Speedfreak did not notice any FPS drop at all. **** good job on this map, and thanks for cooking this to the PS3.

            Grinchy wish I could host a dedicated server with this but have to take the PS3 with me. Definitely this weekend I will be hosting a dedicated server with this map only.

            Comment


              #66
              Many thanks, will be testing the PS3 version tonight.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Herby View Post
                Man this map is awesome. I was looking more at space than playing the game. The planets look awesome. Worked awesome on the PS3, noticed some FPS drop in some areas when using Speedfreak. But when not using Speedfreak did not notice any FPS drop at all. **** good job on this map, and thanks for cooking this to the PS3.

                Grinchy wish I could host a dedicated server with this but have to take the PS3 with me. Definitely this weekend I will be hosting a dedicated server with this map only.
                We noticed while testing the maps that most frame rate drops happen when looking across the entire map (seeing all those polygons at once.)

                Someone also mentioned that opening doors they noticed a quick FPS drop, that is because your machine is calculating everything in the interior all at once.

                Again, I hope people are not having too much trouble, we dropped as many polygons as we could.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by NightEye View Post
                  We noticed while testing the maps that most frame rate drops happen when looking across the entire map (seeing all those polygons at once.)

                  Someone also mentioned that opening doors they noticed a quick FPS drop, that is because your machine is calculating everything in the interior all at once.

                  Again, I hope people are not having too much trouble, we dropped as many polygons as we could.
                  NightEye are you kidding me, it is perfect, Thanks.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    I've always loved the Face maps. I need to try this one out and see if it's a Sniper friendly as past versions.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Thanks again Neo, I have the first two versions, will be getting this when I get home from work.

                      Looks awesome.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        WOW, I just got to play this map, and no lip service here, it's incredible. It looks great, and you weren't lying when you said it plays even better than it looks. I don't even like CTF, but I'm gonna play it alot now on this map. Great Job, thanks for the effort.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by MonkeyPeaches View Post
                          I've always loved the Face maps. I need to try this one out and see if it's a Sniper friendly as past versions.
                          Oh, it is just as sniper friendly when they are coming around the corners or out in the open.

                          We did add bridge covers on the left and right bridges and with the doors closed, it is harder to snipe inside, but that adds to the excitement.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            NeoGzus, Thank you very much!

                            Comment


                              #74
                              WoWaWeeWa! 8 pages of comments already lol, sorry just woke up. Stayed up late in excitement for the release.
                              I'm glad all of you love the map Makes my day to see so many positive comments. And thanks again Nighteye, wouldnt'a got this far without yaz.
                              I feel like I just won an award at the grammys and should give a thank you speech....:P

                              Thank you all for the feedback and who stuck with it from the first release, I did it for YOU GUYS(and I didn't like the fact that there was no FACE remake in ut3)

                              Hmmm, fps drops? You're lucky I deleted 300k polys from the scene lol before release lol, it's as good as it's gonna get I suppose since there's 500k polys on the map and half at each base. Sorry it's not 60fps, but I tried diligently to get it high as possible and as purrrty as it could be.

                              Thanks for playing! I'm off to play it

                              Comment


                                #75
                                There are no framerate drops on the PS3 version. None that I saw anyway. Ran a smooth as ex-lax. While playing it, all i could see in my head was you typing that you dropped the polycount, and I was thinking you probably didn't have to if you did it just for the PS3 version. What is the visual difference between now and then? Just as a note to you and other modders, the PS3 handled this map and was asking for more. But yet the trees on Bunker makes it choke a bit. I wonder why? I'd figure this background animation would take up more memory than those trees, but mabey not, those leaves were all highly detailed and moving induvidually. Anyway, whatever it is on this map that would slow down the PS3 if it was too much, this isn't too much, not a single framerate drop. Odd too that downpour is slowing up PCs and not PS3s.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X