X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by GSX600F View Post
    nice map but way too big for my taste!
    It's not that big, I just saw a skilled player get the map from flag to flag in less than 30 seconds.

Originally posted by NDN_Shadow View Post
    I remember a few pages back you said that the slowdown on the map offline was due to the Bot AI. I played the map offline with zero bots and realized you're right.

What's confusing me though, why isn't there this kind of lag on other maps offline? Do the doors run on a similar Bot AI?
    I just played online and noticed zero lag, even around the doors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Regardless of the lag...

TwistedFACES + Low Gravity + Gibalicious + ActionCam= ... The very reason I bought this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Map looks glorious, downloading now, can't wait to play it on the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the main reason behind the lag, is that there are about 250k polys visible at the same time, so the GFX card has to work extra hard to keep up, plus AI and physics and you get the slowdown. If the bases were simpler in design, it would get better fps, but I really didn't want to change anything with the base designs, they looked too sweet to be tamed.
    I don't play with many bots cuz of that issue(and I love gibalicious too) so I have to sacrifice some things for a better frame rate. I turned the level detail down a notch and turned off AA and it runs smooth now. But I'm runnin an 8800GTS 640mb card, so other configs may start to suffer more.
    I'd recommend 15 bots tops and 4v4 is still fun
    I'm a get back to mappin now, the editor has me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I remember a few pages back you said that the slowdown on the map offline was due to the Bot AI. I played the map offline with zero bots and realized you're right.

What's confusing me though, why isn't there this kind of lag on other maps offline? Do the doors run on a similar Bot AI?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice map but way too big for my taste!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bloody hell thats looks sweet! Cant wait to try this out. lol just looking at ir i'd give at least a 100/10 lol

Lol 1 thing i dont get is that this is an 18 rated game...yet these forums still censore PG words ¬_¬ lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, this just shows that the variety of opinions, just look in any movie review section.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NightEye View Post
    We did have people test the map and all of the issues and bugs people found we fixed, we really wanted people to come out enjoying the map. You may be right that it could be the real time lighting on the doors, but have you seen what doors look like without the lighting? Quite terrible.

I hate to point fingers, but blame your peers for the PS3 rush. We wanted some testers and asked, but the PS3 users had to have it now. We did not want another incident that happened to DM-Timberland, so we rushed the PS3 cooking, and here you go. We will make sure from now on, that a few PS3 people will be part of the beta test.

Don't quote me on it, but I figure after the next Epic patch, we will go back into the map and see if anything they added or tweaked can fix some of the issues.
    Thanks for everything btw, the maps is still very playable and still run better than ut2004 used to run on my old PC.

Dont worry about the review, it doesnt have to be an exact replica of Face.

"That may or may not be true here, but one thing that is true is that the doors (which are now present on all four sides of the base) have lighting problems and that detracts from the believability."

??? That's a wierd way to look at it, I thought they looked TOO nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks guys, it was a pleasure making the map, as well as playing it.

I just read a review at INSITE*Read review*....they gave it a F#CKIN 6 out of 10, I think they waaaay underscored it. I woulda said an 8, but that's MY opinion. I can't wait to see reviews of TSA's map(s), gotta love critics ^_^ I'd call him a DM-TDM fanboy, not a true CTF'r.
    ANYWAYS!

I'm not sure what that floating platform is, never noticed it, kinda wierd it slipped by me. I musta made 1,000 passes lookin for errors in the smallest places, didn't find that one.

I noticed the door shadow glitches, and couldn't solve the problem (like someone said, that's y they took them out of epics maps), but I do believe it's benefiting the frame rate, specially when sniping and scouting for flag carriers.

next map?
    VCTF-SkyCap
    *nuff said*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even if there are SOME issues (i haven't come across any worth noting), this is a great map guys. On behalf of all PS3 owners, i thank you for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pionata View Post
    NightEye, there is some maps on the PS3 witch much more polys in sight that runs faster than the flagroom. I am persuaded it is not about removing the doors, but the realtime lights and shadows on them, the framerate drops when the door moves and there is some other action. The other possibility is the way they move (amount of interpolation?) but I doubt that... There is certainly an engine bug there, even with 1 bot it slows down when the doors moves.

It's sad you and your friend refuse to have us test this, it would have been worth it. Anyway, great map.
    We did have people test the map and all of the issues and bugs people found we fixed, we really wanted people to come out enjoying the map. You may be right that it could be the real time lighting on the doors, but have you seen what doors look like without the lighting? Quite terrible.

I hate to point fingers, but blame your peers for the PS3 rush. We wanted some testers and asked, but the PS3 users had to have it now. We did not want another incident that happened to DM-Timberland, so we rushed the PS3 cooking, and here you go. We will make sure from now on, that a few PS3 people will be part of the beta test.

Don't quote me on it, but I figure after the next Epic patch, we will go back into the map and see if anything they added or tweaked can fix some of the issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NightEye View Post
    AS Neo mentioned, we are 100% done, nothing against you guys, but we cut everything we could before starting to lose things we felt needed to be kept. We worked the Polygon counts from 900k to 500k and optimized the hell out of it, making it as playable, but as aesthetic as possible. Since neither of us own Ps3's we are were unable to test it in that realm, but on PC's (using a variety of hardware) FPS test were decent.
    NightEye, there is some maps on the PS3 witch much more polys in sight that runs faster than the flagroom. I am persuaded it is not about removing the doors, but the realtime lights and shadows on them, the framerate drops when the door moves and there is some other action. The other possibility is the way they move (amount of interpolation?) but I doubt that... There is certainly an engine bug there, even with 1 bot it slows down when the doors moves.

It's sad you and your friend refuse to have us test this, it would have been worth it. Anyway, great map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by odkKoma View Post
    Really good map!

One thing though: It almost looks like Super Mario Galaxy. Well, okay, it's not that colorful but what's up with the stars shooting through the map in rainbow colors?
    I must admit that it's a very cool show-off feature but maybe it's a little to colorful.

I also found an invisible platform. It surely isn't dramatic but when campers get shot down from the building I'd like to see them fall all the way down and don't stop mid air:

Thanks for the map, again!
    It's space dust, what else would it be..........

I just checked the editor and there is no collision mesh there, unless Neo can find something else, I would guess it is an UT engine problem. There are a few things that we had to change because there are a couple of UT Engine problems.

Edit: I do see a couple Collision meshes that are slighty off, all of them so little though, you would never know. None of them should be causing what you saw.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't even imagine what the map you guys are working on now is like

**** I can't wait...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X