CTF-TwistedFACE-ULTRA PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
    Awesome the Pro version looks so much better! That version I want...
    Sorry, that version you will never get, it's dead.

There are a few tricks I have learned which should help fix some of the lag, none of this though will be touched until I see what Epics next patch can do.

Comment

Fair enough. After all, we're all looking for the best performance from this map, and it's you guys that can give it to us.

Comment

now i liked it on the ps3 yes it wuzz a littel bit slow but for the rest it wuzzz oke
        butt i didnt see the pro version so maybe thats better

EDIT:
        yeah i have see the pro and that looks better but this is oke

Comment

Thank you, played your last version and loved it so i'm looking foward to this version.

Comment

Originally posted by NightEye View Post
            Sorry, that version you will never get, it's dead.

There are a few tricks I have learned which should help fix some of the lag, none of this though will be touched until I see what Epics next patch can do.
            ****,I was hoping for the pro version because of the lag in ultra and pro looks alittle bit more cleaner in the visuals...but since you mention the lag will be fixed in the ultra version....then I guess this version i am looking forward to ultra once the next patch comes out.

Comment

Uploaded: http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...ACEULTRA;86119

~Death Dream~

Comment

I'm getting framerate problems on the PS3 playing this maps, even without opponents. Looks incredible though.

Comment

Originally posted by Erp View Post
                  I'm getting framerate problems on the PS3 playing this maps, even without opponents. Looks incredible though.
                  I can't promise a framerate increase, but I will promise we will do what we can to improve it.... fair enough?

Comment

/PC User

Framerate is a littls lower than with Twisted Face Pro. That's cool though. What bothers me is this:

There wasn't anything like it in Pro or your first Twisted Face. Occasionally the yellow glow goes a way for a while, but always comes back. It's there most of the time.

The orangish light peeking around the planet on the other side is similarly pixelated, but not being bright yellow it doesn't seem as bad.

And the lights on the towers along the side seem to do the same thing.

Again, haven't noticed anything like this on other maps, or on the previous Twisted Face maps. All with a middling standard geForce 7900gt.

Great job with the changes though. The transition from metal floor to rock ground is a lot better now

Comment

working good on my PS3, & I love the work you put in to this map,
                      I would love to see this as a DM & war

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
                        /PC User

Framerate is a littls lower than with Twisted Face Pro. That's cool though. What bothers me is this:

There wasn't anything like it in Pro or your first Twisted Face. Occasionally the yellow glow goes a way for a while, but always comes back. It's there most of the time.

The orangish light peeking around the planet on the other side is similarly pixelated, but not being bright yellow it doesn't seem as bad.

And the lights on the towers along the side seem to do the same thing.

Again, haven't noticed anything like this on other maps, or on the previous Twisted Face maps. All with a middling standard geForce 7900gt.

Great job with the changes though. The transition from metal floor to rock ground is a lot better now
                        This is a limited, but known problem. When I get back to this map after Patch 2 and after we get our SkyCap map into the final stages, I will look into this problem.

BTW, since I personally am not a fan of the whole pro, ultra, awesome, crazy, ect.... suffixes, once we fix all the minor problems, how about TwistedFace - Final as the name or should I just do TwistedFace - Ultra 1.1?

Comment

Twisted Face is good enough if you are only making one version. If you end up having to make two ... one for the PS3 and midrange PCs and the uber one for those us with high end rigs then sure the uber one should get the Ultra moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            Twisted Face is good enough if you are only making one version. If you end up having to make two ... one for the PS3 and midrange PCs and the uber one for those us with high end rigs then sure the uber one should get the Ultra moniker.
                            Problem is, won't people see "TwistedFace" as inferior to "TwistedFace-Ultra," since unfortunately the latter already exist?

Comment

Originally posted by NightEye View Post
                              Problem is, won't people see "TwistedFace" as inferior to "TwistedFace-Ultra," since unfortunately the latter already exist?
                              I seriously doubt that ... all they have to do is see pics and read the readme and note the date of the map file and if they are any type of UT player at all there won't be any issues. In fact I think many of us would think of it as more professional since Epic and even the top contractors don't make "Ultra" versions of maps ... seems like something a newer mapper would do. But you could always take an official poll to get a feel from a wider variety of players if you are really that concerned with the name issue ... and it may be the best thing to do.

Comment

that earth glow issue seems to be a hardware problem. Might not be anything WRONG with the gfx card, just acts funny when HDR bloom hits a certain note. Don't know what to do to fix that one, maybe you could lower the post processing effects in-game or somethin.

If I knew of a way to optimize the map EVEN MORE than what we got now, I'd go for it. if it meant 60fps vs 30 fps, not 32fps over 30fps.
                                I'm concentrating on the new map (skycap) for now, and after that.......the secret project awaits Lets say I'm gettin A TON of custom meshes for it

Nighteye said he'll do what he can to fix all problems, no matter how big or small (thanx)

Check yer PM box Anuban

Comment

Working...
                                X