• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raze.at View Post
    lol ok! Watch me, i'm going to try it again

there you go downloading

Comment

Works fine now

But could you please change the "bytes received" to "KB (or MB) received" ?
      Nothing special, but i think it'd be better (especially because every map has several MB)

Comment

Raze i will do. ideally i wanted a progress bar for the actual file instead of overall progress. still working on it.

wanted top get this app out in the field as its working ok. just that annoying bug with changing directories i need to ammend.. everything else is just preferences.

i was quite suprised to see just how big some of these maps get... ranging from 5MB .. right up to 50MB

Comment

Changelog
          #######
          Updated to V2.1
          Fixed bug where directories could not be loaded while browsing the server.
          Fixed bug where items would duplicate when clicking the refresh button
          Changed bytes total to display MB & KB

Comment

Im a bit confused at this.

When you download a custom map, you extract all the contents into the corresponding place and others if neccesary...does this tool basically make it easy to manage getting rid of maps and mods?

Also the warning bit i dont get.

You mean...when download new map or mod, dont put map files and mod files in together, just do them 1 by 1?

Thx in advance and, great tools you make

Comment

Originally posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
              Im a bit confused at this.

When you download a custom map, you extract all the contents into the corresponding place and others if neccesary...does this tool basically make it easy to manage getting rid of maps and mods?

Also the warning bit i dont get.

You mean...when download new map or mod, dont put map files and mod files in together, just do them 1 by 1?

Thx in advance and, great tools you make

in a nutshell, this is what it does:

if you use the server side of this program to download them, it will download them, and then put the files in the right places, so it installs it for you.

if you download a mutator or map from somewhere else you can use the manual installation page, by just putting the files in the dump folder, and clicking the ok button in the program.

you can put as many maps as you want in that folder for install at the same time.. or you can put as many mutators in at the same time.... you just cant put maps AND mutators in the dump folder at the same time

Comment

When I download custom maps from a server, either from the server or from some redirect site, the information gets saved into a Cache folder. Will this program install the info from the Cache directory? Basically, I'm looking for something similar to UT2004Mi, but for UT3.

Comment

Brad.G
                  Very nice.
                  This reminds me of UT2004mi for UT2004.
                  Your program is needed even more with the confusing file structure of UT3.
                  So, I put my map files in the Dump directory.
                  Do I understand you correctly that when I unzip the maps into this directory, there can't be sub directories with files?
                  If that's true, removing the directories would be about the same work as simply installing the files. Maybe I'm missing something.
                  It would be better to have 2 dump directories, 1 for maps and 1 for mutators. Maybe consider this for a future release.
                  Of course the best option is one dump directory and your program reads ZIP and RAR files and installs both mutators and maps.
                  Thanks again for a great and needed program.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                    Of course the best option is one dump directory and your program reads ZIP and RAR files and installs both mutators and maps.
                    Thanks again for a great and needed program.

im working n it... but keep that quiet ... cant predict a timeframe when that will be operational. if your fluent in file structures and you know what your doing you may find its just as quick to do it manually if its a map because as you know they only go in to one folder. mutators however, thats another story as they go in to a few. however if your using the server side, what downloads and then installs them for you, its alot quicker in both cases.

It would be better to have 2 dump directories, 1 for maps and 1 for mutators. Maybe consider this for a future release.
                    i like that idea

Comment

Originally posted by Elohim View Post
                      When I download custom maps from a server, either from the server or from some redirect site, the information gets saved into a Cache folder. Will this program install the info from the Cache directory? Basically, I'm looking for something similar to UT2004Mi, but for UT3.
                      i know what your after, but its not possible currently due to epic changing the way the cache.ini works in UT3

Comment

downloaded 2.1.... great work Brad!!

Comment

I installed M&M correctly.
                          The maps show up in M&M.
                          I click the OK button. Is highlighting necessary? I tried with and without.
                          I get a All Done message. Nothing shows up in my maps directory nor do any maps show up in "Maps Currently Installed" in M&M.

Also, I noticed I have UPK files in several directories (nothing to do with M&M) I have some in "PublishedCookedPC\Textures", some in "PublishedCookedPC\Packages", some in the root "Published/CookedPC" directory. Some in ""PublishedCookedPC\Mutator Name".
                          If this all OK, how are you going to deal with this?? Maybe they should all go to one directory?
                          UT2004 seemed so much cleaner.

Comment

I installed M&M correctly.
                            The maps show up in M&M.
                            I click the OK button. Is highlighting necessary? I tried with and without.
                            I get a All Done message. Nothing shows up in my maps directory nor do any maps show up in "Maps Currently Installed" in M&M.

Also, I noticed I have UPK files in several directories (nothing to do with M&M) I have some in "PublishedCookedPC\Textures", some in "PublishedCookedPC\Packages", some in the root "Published/CookedPC" directory. Some in ""PublishedCookedPC\Mutator Name".
                            If this all OK, how are you going to deal with this?? Maybe they should all go to one directory?
                            UT2004 seemed so much cleaner.
                            maps go in the same place..
                            C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

for example. go there and check to see if they are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                              maps go in the same place..
                              C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

for example. go there and check to see if they are in there.
                              Nope, they didn't go in there nor do they show up in M&M as installed.
                              I even reinstalled M&M, still no maps copied.

Also in reference to my UPK files in my previous post, they are from Mutators not Maps.

Comment

Nope, they didn't go in there nor do they show up in M&M as installed.
                                I even reinstalled M&M, still no maps copied.

Also in reference to my UPK files in my previous post, they are from Mutators not Maps.
                                go to the installation foler of M&M you will see a installer.cfg file. open it with notepad and copy and paste it here

Comment

Working...
                                X