No announcement yet.

M&M Maps and mutators Installer V2.1 [pic] [download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[shot]http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/40034/2000988642788266737_rs.jpg[/shot]

preview of next version

Ok i have coded the application to connect to one of my servers, scan for new mutators, display them to you where your given the option to tick which ones you would like, and by clicking the download button it will download the mutator, and install it for you.

We now have our very on community created delivery system!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
      question:

would it be a big issue if you could only add one map or mutator at a time using this tool?
      Not at all! As long as it makes importing maps into the game easier, im all for it! For some reason, even though I followed the two steps, and dragged and dropped the files into the "Put your files in here!" folder, and "added them" they're not showing up in the maps list in any of the game modes...Once you "put them into the game" are there any other steps required to get them ready to play?

Comment

Type "open themapname" in the console, or select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game.

let me know how you get on

Comment

Ok cool...2 quick Q's first. Are you talking about the thing where you press "Tab" in game, when the little area to type in ? Also when you type "open themapname" in it, I replace "themapname" with the name of the actual map right? sorry for the noob Q's, im new to PC gaming.

Comment

go to the list where you see all the servers you can connect to and press F10 ... a console window thingy will open.

yep replace themapname with the actual name of the map.
            and type

open themapname

just FYI .. you can type open xx.xx.xx.xx:7777 if you ever need to connect to an IP directly.

Comment

go to the list where you see all the servers you can connect to and press F10 ... a console window thingy will open.

yep replace themapname with the actual name of the map.
              and type

open themapname

just FYI .. you can type open xx.xx.xx.xx:7777 if you ever need to connect to an IP directly.
              Oh ok cool, i'll brb...be back in a few to fill ya' in

Comment

"DO NOT put files of maps and mutators in the folder at the same time. its perfectly fine to throw lots of maps in there and install them at the same time.. or lots of mutators. but you cannot mix them as they share the same file extensions."
                Fair enough but, maps use .ut3 extension and mutators use .u extension, explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                  "DO NOT put files of maps and mutators in the folder at the same time. its perfectly fine to throw lots of maps in there and install them at the same time.. or lots of mutators. but you cannot mix them as they share the same file extensions."
                  Fair enough but, maps use .ut3 extension and mutators use .u extension, explain?

LOL..... there is more than one file you know? maps also use .upk files , and .ini files, same as mutators in some instances

Comment

Brad, do I include the "CTF/DM" part in the name, when typing it into the console?

Comment

example

"open DM-Yard-SE"

Comment

example

"open DM-Yard-SE"
                        Alright, lemme try again...Im sorry BTW if you feel like im wasting your time...I simply have no clue what im doing (other than when it's explained....of course)

Comment

no not at all

i spent two days giving the guys in the server section a nervous breakdown lol

anyway, off to bed for me, knackered.

Comment

no not at all

i spent two days giving the guys in the server section a nervous breakdown lol

anyway, off to bed for me, knackered.
                            I too am going to go to bed early tonight....My new GFX card (the link in my sig) is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, and I wanna make sure im up to accept the delivery...I'd hate to have to go pick it up at the nearest UPS store (like 10 miles away, and im 16 without a car, so I cant exactly drive there..And thats 5 miles too far for me to make skateboarding there worth it... And my dad wont be home til 3 p.m...and im very impatient...) So basically, me getting up early is the deciding factor whether I have my new card as early as possible...)

Comment

Is there a way to make these maps show up in the ingame list?
                              I normally start up a dedicated server by starting the game and creating that way for dedicated.
                              So i'm looking to add these to a map list.

if not can someone point me in the right direction to do this with a dedicated server?

Comment

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...hotos00000.jpg

I cant seem to get it no matter what I type in...I'll try tomorrow when I get my new GFX card, and it's not a pain in the *** to launch the game on my integrated GPU...Sorry for the bad quality, I took the pic with an old Digi cam...

Comment

Working...
                                X