Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There is a new thread for V7 now:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=599808

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd prob start by using Ver6, but then, ver7 should be out soon too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry to bother once again, I tried, five times to install & play with BattleRPG in Instant Action Mode, with War, Duel, TDM, DM, I even tried with the UT 3 Tweaker 4.1 auto download & installer > I still have the same problem : the mutator is in the muts list, ok, I add it like I always added a mutator in UT 3 and UT 2004 (click it, then click add, and to be sure I check if it's configurable > Error, this mutator cannot be... etc). Then, here I start game ! And nothing. It's just like playing without the mutator.

Pressing L makes nothing, the scroreboard is vanilla, everything is... normal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Progz View Post
    Is it possible to get this to work on PS3 sometime soon?
    I would suggest that the PS3 version wait until more of the items are worked through. This is really turning out awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to get this to work on PS3 sometime soon?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have put up a server, RPG+ Galtanator Invasion.

Unfortunately i am unable to test, because as soon as the first wave starts, my UT3 Crashes.

Would some one mind checking and seeing if it plays ok? that would be grand.

http://www.gamingsa.com/index.php?p=..._stats&sid=422

202.136.100.195:7850

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
    In reference to the file version issue and different gametypes, I think we can deal with the issues for now and let you move forward with working any major bugs or enhancements. Once you get to a point where you feel there aren't alot of additional things that MUST be addressed, that might be a great time to see how multiple types could be supported.

In the short term, some of the servers may be able to support a redirect on their own web site. The download requirements for what they are using might be small enough to make that feasible. Once you start adding alot of maps, that might be impossible.

In any case, Epic may release another patch which might change how you can approach some of these issues. There may also be alot more people who could assist and test on other servers the different mods/mutators. Things have been moving pretty fast paced since the game has been released. An incredible number of mods have come out.

Thanks as always for your efforts!
    I intend to do some experiments one of these days to see if I can find a shortcut around these UI Scene problems. Not sure if I will find a solution, but I will spend some time trying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one
    Tried that method loads all fine from redirect , the menu L works fine but i dont see anny scores or levels

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In reference to the file version issue and different gametypes, I think we can deal with the issues for now and let you move forward with working any major bugs or enhancements. Once you get to a point where you feel there aren't alot of additional things that MUST be addressed, that might be a great time to see how multiple types could be supported.

In the short term, some of the servers may be able to support a redirect on their own web site. The download requirements for what they are using might be small enough to make that feasible. Once you start adding alot of maps, that might be impossible.

In any case, Epic may release another patch which might change how you can approach some of these issues. There may also be alot more people who could assist and test on other servers the different mods/mutators. Things have been moving pretty fast paced since the game has been released. An incredible number of mods have come out.

Thanks as always for your efforts!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you perhaps tell me exactly what the script warning says?
    Thanks for working with me on this; I just tried reinstalling completely (Game) deleting all directories and just adding BattleRPG special version with UT3 invasion again; This is weird as hell. I had to use Fraps to cap a video cause this appeared so quickly. Anyways, the Tech Support forum says this is from using -nomovies (Which is improper) but the weird part is I never removed startup movies so i'm guessing it's from the game or the mutator from another sense

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...e01970/Pic.jpg

I still get the Buying what's up top error, anyways; for whatever reason I have to install all mutators into Program Files/Unreal Tournament 3 along with the My Games for them to work; I wonder if that somehow has to do with it. I thought maybe I changed a config or something weird but I dunno; nothing seems to be working though. Cause I reinstalled, and have tried everything under the sun.

I installed Patch 1.1 (Not the beta) could this have to do with it?

Edit - Man i'm a noob. Are patch 1 and 1.1 different? Let me install this other one; if this is it I will officially qualify myself mentally unstable. Seriously; uhh, let's try this. I'll get back to you.

Edit 2 - Nope, still no luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by godmode0 View Post
    I dont think you get the point
    I do get the point, but unfortunately it is not simply a matter of renaming a file with UT3.

I copied part of the administrators manual (http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...php?f=24&t=725) which explains exactly why this is not easy to solve:

UT3 redirect server considerations
    Since there are 3 versions of BattleRPG.u, this causes some problems for people who can only use 1 redirect server (directory) for multiple servers or have to use a public shared redirect server. Especially since UT3 handles redirection a lot less smart than UT2004 did. If the redirect has a different version of the .u the game will not start for the client.

There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. Unfortunately UT3 then requires the Invasion mod to be installed but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

Since Galtanors Invasion seems to be the most popular one, for public redirect servers it is probably best to use the latest Galtanors Invasion version of BattleRPG on those. This allows everyone to use all regular gametypes (assuming they also install Galtanors Invasion, even if they do not use it) and Galtanors invasion.

I hope a future patch of UT3 will bring redirection handling at least to the same level as that of UT2004 which would allow a much cleaner solution to this problem.

Several people have suggested this problem could also be solved by giving all different versions of BattleRPG different names (different .u files). Unfortunately due to the way UT3 UI Scenes and UI Panels work, this would take up a lot of development time. And I prefer to spend that development time (of which I only have a limited amount) on useful enhancements to the mutator. Or, one can always dream, perhaps even have some time left to actually play the game :mrgreen:. If someone else feels like spending time on this, or knows a trick to work around the UI Scenes/Panels problem, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
    Well, I get this "Scriptwarning" along with it only purchasing the thing on top. I really wish I could figure out what's causing this. It really sucks.
    Can you perhaps tell me exactly what the script warning says?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

So the best thing would be to upload the Galtanors Invasion version of BattlrRPG V5 (as BattleRPG.u) to the generic redirect. This would allow everyone to play all game versions, including Galtanors Invasion, based on the same redirect.
    hi battle mode , I dont think you get the point , its not only about if its the regular invasion or galtanors invasion... you make before like version3 version4 and now whe are on version 5 now , lets say somebody uploaded version 3 to redirect , all ppl with later versions are fuc*ed ofcourse i can contact the admin of gameservers.net to remove the fie and let me upload a new one ,,, but when you ever gonna create v6 the problem start from the begin !!!

I feel like a medium senior server admin and experienced alot troubles with version mismatch or that the downloads keep downloading like over example 320 % in the past with earlier ut releases it and nothing happend = corrupt / other version

And yeah ofcourse respect to all the mod makes for the nice work !!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied

There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

Is this with the default INI?
    My problem with the BattleRPG.u probably isn't unique but only specific to the situation where several different BattleRPG servers are using the same redirect. If they choose to support both Invasion types, they we are in trouble. Will have to follow up with the hosting company.

I have modified the default INI file. Tweaking the settings in there just to get comfortable with the effect and different scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I get this "Scriptwarning" along with it only purchasing the thing on top. I really wish I could figure out what's causing this. It really sucks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X