Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    Unfortunately renaming mutators is a disaster with UT3 since you have to rebuild all your UI stuff (replace all the panels). The BattleRPG .u is relatively small (much smaller then a map) so if the redirect cannot support iit you could consider letting UT3 handle it.
    So with other words i cant use it

For custom downloads you can choose download from ut-server or file-redirected server

You can't use both ( tell me if i m wrong ) i tested it

And i m a big RPG inv fan , could you compile 1 for me new for (galtanorsinvasion) ? named example
    BattleRPGv5.u i wil upload it to the redirect servers.

ftp://redirect.gameservers.net user/pass upload / upload

::: Big thx to gameservers.net for hosting all files with blazing speeds :::

lemme know if its possible Battlemode :P

Ty

Comment

This is very very weird. I have no idea why it does that on your system. Since it works for you when you go to a BattleRPG server it must somehow be some local configuration problem. But I have no clue what it might be.
      BattleMode. I get some really long error now just before the game goes to the loading screen. I add BattleRPG and hit okay, then next to start the game. For like a quarter of a second some form of long error appears but it's so quick I can't see it. I'm going to download FRAPS and try to film it so I can pause it there; printscreen isn't working.

Comment

RPG Yay! Now all we need is invasion for ut3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post

here ya go !!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590438

Comment

First off, thanks very much for all your hard work. I have uploaded the latest version to our UT3 server and combined it with Galtanors Invasion. We have supported this type of combination for quite some time with UT2K4 and really are looking forward to this.

Couple things that we have noticed and forgive me if I missed someone else stating it. Trying to go back through the threads but alot of activity.
            • The BattleRPG.u file supports all three game types right now. You upload the specific one you need to work with either BattleRPG by itself, Galtanor's or Invasion UT3. The problem is, any redirect can only contain one copy so unless you have a private redirect, people coming to your server may download one for another version. I don't know enough about the scripting side of this to know if you can combine these or not so that at least you have only one.
            • When you sell abilities, items... Your points do not always add back to your current pot.
            • Would like "cost" of the next item displayed. Lose track quickly how many points it takes to buy the next item. If you show current level of the item, its max value and how much to buy the next one that would be very helpful.
            Hope this is helpful. Will continue to run, test and provide feedback if we can. Welcome one and all to stop in and say hello!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by godmode0 View Post
              So with other words i cant use it

For custom downloads you can choose download from ut-server or file-redirected server

You can't use both ( tell me if i m wrong ) i tested it

And i m a big RPG inv fan , could you compile 1 for me new for (galtanorsinvasion) ? named example
              BattleRPGv5.u i wil upload it to the redirect servers.

ftp://redirect.gameservers.net user/pass upload / upload

::: Big thx to gameservers.net for hosting all files with blazing speeds :::

lemme know if its possible Battlemode :P

Ty
              There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

So the best thing would be to upload the Galtanors Invasion version of BattlrRPG V5 (as BattleRPG.u) to the generic redirect. This would allow everyone to play all game versions, including Galtanors Invasion, based on the same redirect.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                BattleMode. I get some really long error now just before the game goes to the loading screen. I add BattleRPG and hit okay, then next to start the game. For like a quarter of a second some form of long error appears but it's so quick I can't see it. I'm going to download FRAPS and try to film it so I can pause it there; printscreen isn't working.
                There are some ScriptWarning errors in V5, they are harmless but ugly. I fixed most of them by now so those will probably be gone with V6. (And there will probably some new ones ).

Comment

Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
                  First off, thanks very much for all your hard work. I have uploaded the latest version to our UT3 server and combined it with Galtanors Invasion. We have supported this type of combination for quite some time with UT2K4 and really are looking forward to this.
                  You're welcome.

The BattleRPG.u file supports all three game types right now. You upload the specific one you need to work with either BattleRPG by itself, Galtanor's or Invasion UT3. The problem is, any redirect can only contain one copy so unless you have a private redirect, people coming to your server may download one for another version. I don't know enough about the scripting side of this to know if you can combine these or not so that at least you have only one.
                  There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

When you sell abilities, items... Your points do not always add back to your current pot.
                  Is this with the default INI?

Would like "cost" of the next item displayed. Lose track quickly how many points it takes to buy the next item. If you show current level of the item, its max value and how much to buy the next one that would be very helpful.
                  Good idea, thank you, I will put it on my to do list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
                    BattleRPG V5 already includes Galtanors Invasion and UT3 Invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkAlly859 View Post
                      What an amazing mod. Kept me playing all night ^^ thanks a lot man this made my day!
                      You're welcome!

Comment

Well, I get this "Scriptwarning" along with it only purchasing the thing on top. I really wish I could figure out what's causing this. It really sucks.

Comment

Is this with the default INI?
                          My problem with the BattleRPG.u probably isn't unique but only specific to the situation where several different BattleRPG servers are using the same redirect. If they choose to support both Invasion types, they we are in trouble. Will have to follow up with the hosting company.

I have modified the default INI file. Tweaking the settings in there just to get comfortable with the effect and different scenarios.

Comment

So the best thing would be to upload the Galtanors Invasion version of BattlrRPG V5 (as BattleRPG.u) to the generic redirect. This would allow everyone to play all game versions, including Galtanors Invasion, based on the same redirect.
                            hi battle mode , I dont think you get the point , its not only about if its the regular invasion or galtanors invasion... you make before like version3 version4 and now whe are on version 5 now , lets say somebody uploaded version 3 to redirect , all ppl with later versions are fuc*ed ofcourse i can contact the admin of gameservers.net to remove the fie and let me upload a new one ,,, but when you ever gonna create v6 the problem start from the begin !!!

I feel like a medium senior server admin and experienced alot troubles with version mismatch or that the downloads keep downloading like over example 320 % in the past with earlier ut releases it and nothing happend = corrupt / other version

And yeah ofcourse respect to all the mod makes for the nice work !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                              Well, I get this "Scriptwarning" along with it only purchasing the thing on top. I really wish I could figure out what's causing this. It really sucks.
                              Can you perhaps tell me exactly what the script warning says?

Comment

Originally posted by godmode0 View Post
                                I dont think you get the point
                                I do get the point, but unfortunately it is not simply a matter of renaming a file with UT3.

I copied part of the administrators manual (http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...php?f=24&t=725) which explains exactly why this is not easy to solve:

UT3 redirect server considerations
                                Since there are 3 versions of BattleRPG.u, this causes some problems for people who can only use 1 redirect server (directory) for multiple servers or have to use a public shared redirect server. Especially since UT3 handles redirection a lot less smart than UT2004 did. If the redirect has a different version of the .u the game will not start for the client.

There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. Unfortunately UT3 then requires the Invasion mod to be installed but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

Since Galtanors Invasion seems to be the most popular one, for public redirect servers it is probably best to use the latest Galtanors Invasion version of BattleRPG on those. This allows everyone to use all regular gametypes (assuming they also install Galtanors Invasion, even if they do not use it) and Galtanors invasion.

I hope a future patch of UT3 will bring redirection handling at least to the same level as that of UT2004 which would allow a much cleaner solution to this problem.

Several people have suggested this problem could also be solved by giving all different versions of BattleRPG different names (different .u files). Unfortunately due to the way UT3 UI Scenes and UI Panels work, this would take up a lot of development time. And I prefer to spend that development time (of which I only have a limited amount) on useful enhancements to the mutator. Or, one can always dream, perhaps even have some time left to actually play the game :mrgreen:. If someone else feels like spending time on this, or knows a trick to work around the UI Scenes/Panels problem, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X