Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sighs* I made sure the mutator was selected. Let me list everything I did. I put the files in the proper directories and so on. Then I went into the game, then Instant Action, then I went to Map Cycle (Could that be the problem?) then I edited the bots and so on (This was after selecting Invasion) then I went to Mutators and added BattleRPG and a few others (On second thought, those others may be conflicting it 0.o Let me check this LOL, if that's the problem ima feel so stupid.)

Edit - Nope, still not working >_<

Comment

Great job Battlemode

Comment

I've gotten it to work, except for no matter what whether the BattleRPG mut is in or not in the mutator menu, whenever i play Invasion, it feels like it workings, like i'll get health for kills, but the whole menu thing doesn't show up, like you don't see you level and XP and stuff.

Comment

Please Port To PS3. Thant would be Great

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
            *Sighs* I made sure the mutator was selected. Let me list everything I did. I put the files in the proper directories and so on. Then I went into the game, then Instant Action, then I went to Map Cycle (Could that be the problem?) then I edited the bots and so on (This was after selecting Invasion) then I went to Mutators and added BattleRPG and a few others (On second thought, those others may be conflicting it 0.o Let me check this LOL, if that's the problem ima feel so stupid.)

Edit - Nope, still not working >_<
            It sounds like you are running an out of date Invasion. Only the newest version is compatible with BattleRPG. I would try removing all of the files and folders associated with BattleRPG and Galt's Invasion and reinstall them fresh from BattleMode's website. Read the Readme very carefully and follow it's instructions to a tee.

Comment

Do i need to download the newest Invasion as well as have the Invasion from this mod for it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by instagibbed View Post
                It sounds like you are running an out of date Invasion. Only the newest version is compatible with BattleRPG. I would try removing all of the files and folders associated with BattleRPG and Galt's Invasion and reinstall them fresh from BattleMode's website. Read the Readme very carefully and follow it's instructions to a tee.
                I have the latest invasion and others are getting this problem apparently. I dunno, i'll try what you said but I did follow the readme, i'm not new with computers or installing mods for games; it's not like it's overly difficult either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                  Do i need to download the newest Invasion as well as have the Invasion from this mod for it to work?
                  Galt's Invasion and BattleRPG are from two different creators. BattleMode was kind enough to include the two together in a single package due to popular demand. All you need to do is download the package from BattleMode's website which will include both Invasion and RPG in one package that work together. This will not necessarily mean they are both the most up-to-date versions, but they will work together.

If you are having problems getting the RPG to run with Invasion, there is some user error involved. And I recommend removing all Invasion and RPG files and folders and downloading BattleMode's Invasion RPG package and following each step in his readme file very carefully before attempting again.

Comment

Alright. I've tried removing UT3 invasion, and RPG then reinstalling them as stated in the readme. NOTHING will work; no matter what I try ._.

Comment

Yeah. i've done that, except his readme instructions are vague at best or just leave a cluttered and un organized CookedPC folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                        No, I included the proper versions of Invasion with BattleRPG into the BattleRPG zip (with permission from the authors) to make it as easy as possible to get it working for everyone. So you only need BattleRPG_V5.zip: http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                          No, I included the proper versions of Invasion with BattleRPG into the BattleRPG zip (with permission from the authors) to make it as easy as possible to get it working for everyone. So you only need BattleRPG_V5.zip: http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php
                          Battlemode, any clue what is going on with my game? For whatever reason, last time this happened it had something to do with the Warfare RPG server; I had to first rejoin it so it'd download the newest (P4 at that time) then goto instant action. It was pretty weird.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                            AFAIK that is not possible, the PS3 only supports mutators which only contain script. So e.g. monsters are not possible and menu needed to buy abilities is also not possible.
                            If it won't work on the PS3 as a Mutator can you make it into a game type?

Comment

Originally posted by War of Gears View Post
                              If it won't work on the PS3 as a Mutator can you make it into a game type?
                              It doesn't make a difference if it's a mutator or a gametype, it can only be coding; no custom GUI.

Edit - Any news on what's going on with this?

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                                It doesn't make a difference if it's a mutator or a gametype, it can only be coding; no custom GUI.

Edit - Any news on what's going on with this?
                                My guess is severe user error.

Comment

Working...
                                X