Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    I still do not understand what in your view the difference between skills and abilities would be. The things you mention here are almost all available in BattleRPG and are called abilities there.

Currently the following abilities are available:

Health bonus: Gives you 10 extra health per level every time you spawn. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5
    Health regeneration: Regenerates 1 health per level per second. Only works if you didn't get harmed in the last 5 seconds. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.
    Damage bonus: Your weapons do 5% more harm per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
    Damage reduction: Weapons harm you 5% less per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
    Vampirism: Per level 5% of the damage you do is added to your health, up to 100 above your starting health. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
    Weapon speed: Gives you 5% extra weapon speed per level. Max level: 10 Cost per level: 5
    Ammo regeneration: Regenerates ammo for your current weapon at aproximately 1% per level per second. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
    Quick foot: Gives you 5% extra walking speed per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
    Super jump: Gives you 5% extra jump height per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5.
    Dodge jumping: Enables UT2004 style dodge jumping. Cost: 5.
    YEah, but when do you unlock these, for Dodge is gotten a 1 and Vampirism is unlocked at 14 or 15. I really would love to know when i can get stuff like Ammo regeneration or Damage reduction.

Comment

I still do not understand what in your view the difference between skills and abilities would be. The things you mention here are almost all available in BattleRPG and are called abilities there.

Currently the following abilities are available:

Health bonus: Gives you 10 extra health per level every time you spawn. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5
      Health regeneration: Regenerates 1 health per level per second. Only works if you didn't get harmed in the last 5 seconds. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.
      Damage bonus: Your weapons do 5% more harm per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
      Damage reduction: Weapons harm you 5% less per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
      Vampirism: Per level 5% of the damage you do is added to your health, up to 100 above your starting health. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
      Weapon speed: Gives you 5% extra weapon speed per level. Max level: 10 Cost per level: 5
      Ammo regeneration: Regenerates ammo for your current weapon at aproximately 1% per level per second. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
      Quick foot: Gives you 5% extra walking speed per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
      Super jump: Gives you 5% extra jump height per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5.
      Dodge jumping: Enables UT2004 style dodge jumping. Cost: 5.
      Actually, what I meant was make it so there are Skills which are used through Hotkeys. Like sorcery or some ****. Y'know, like fireballs, huge beams of fire, freezing, ect. ect.

Also, uhhh. I do not see any Glutanors Invasion servers. All I see is a Bombing Run Server (Frigging weird). Honestly I know i'm upgraded to P5 and latest (006) of invasion. Any clue what's up?

Also note I know you didn't make Invasion. I simply do not see your server with RPG invasion though.

Comment

Really, there is no difference. I think what the original poster of that question was trying to say is he wants more abilities. I just chimed in to try to make it less confusing.

In Mysterials 2K4RPG, he had the attributes and skills seperated and this is where the original question comes from (I think). I also agree that having these two seperated on the 'Purchase Menu' would make things a lot easier to read. I also understand that it is not a priority for you at this point as you want more functionality before implimenting a more complex UI.

I would still like to see classes implimented (or at least the ability to add classes) with the option to customize the classes easily.

Perhaps allow the player to set a class before purchasing abilities can begin. Based on the players class, different ability level caps and/or cost per level can be set (For example: A Gunner can increase his weapon damage attribute to level 20 but weapon speed is capped at level 5 and costs 10 RPG$ per level and movement speed is not an option, cap level 0. But a Sniper has weapon damage cap 0, Weapon Speed cap 20 and Movement speed cap 10).

It would be nice to be able to have config files that simply store the classes and their abilities and level caps in plain english that the scripting reads from to allow more imaginitive admins to create their own classes or customize their classes and their abilities to how they see fit.

With classes comes the ever popular Medic class which needs the ability to heal their teammates. Mysterials 2k4 RPG handled this by adding a Medic Weapon that did 50% less damage to enemies, but healed teammates. This is a must with or without classes implimented.

The most obvious classes to impliment would be Gunner, Sniper, and Medic. After adding a better Mana system and Artifacts, more and more unique classes can be added.

Attributes (Basically most of the items you already have):
        Max Health Bonus - Increase maximum health by 10% per level.
        Max Ammo Bonus - Increase maximum ammo limit by 10% per level.
        Max Mana Bonus - Increase maximum mana by 10% per level.
        Run Speed Bonus - Increase run speed by 5% per level.
        Weapon Speed Bonus - Increase weapon speed by 5% per level.
        Damage Bonus - Increase damage by 5% per level.
        Damage Reduction Bonus - Decrease damage taken by 5% per level.

Skills (Most you already have):
        Regeneration - Heals 1 health per second per level. Does not heal past Max Health. You must have a Max Health Bonus level equal to 3 times the ability level you wish to have before you can purchase it. (Example: To purchase level 5 Regeneration, you will need Max Health Bonus level of 15.)

Vampirism - Whenever you damage another player, you are healed for 5% of the damage per level (up to your Max Health + 50). You can't gain health from self-damage. You must have a Damage Bonus of at least 10 to purchase this ability.

Resupply - Adds 1 ammo per level to each ammo type you own every 3 seconds. Does not give ammo to superweapons or the translocator. You must have a Max Ammo Bonus of at least 10 to purchase this ability.

Loaded Weapons - When You Spawn:
        Level 1: You are granted all regular weapons with the default percentage chance for magic weapons default ammo.
        Level 2: You are granted all regular weapons with the default percentage chance for magic weapons and max ammo.
        Level 3: You are granted super weapons.
        Level 4: Magic weapons will be generated for all your weapons.
        Level 5: You receive all positive magic weapons.
        You must be a level equal to 10 times the ability level you wish to purchase. (Example: Level 10 can purchase level 1 and level 40 can purchase level 4)

Denial - The first level allows you to respawn with the weapon and ammo you were using when you died. The second level will save all your weapons when you die. You must be a level equal to 25 times the ability to purchase this skill. This ability does not trigger for self-inflicted death.

I have a very long list of abilities that can be implimented. I just wanted to give you enough so you get an idea of what can be done.

If you want more, let me know and I'll post them.

Comment

Please read what I just posted you two. I didn't post it for no reason. What I meant was Macros for more Skill-Like Skills, like beams of fire, fireballs, explosions around the user. Stuff like that; more like sorcery. I think that could be fun if you get good at it, and completely revamp the game.

Comment

aka more abilities lol

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
              Actually, what I meant was make it so there are Skills which are used through Hotkeys. Like sorcery or some ****. Y'know, like fireballs, huge beams of fire, freezing, ect. ect.

Also, uhhh. I do not see any Glutanors Invasion servers. All I see is a Bombing Run Server (Frigging weird). Honestly I know i'm upgraded to P5 and latest (006) of invasion. Any clue what's up?

Also note I know you didn't make Invasion. I simply do not see your server with RPG invasion though.
              Epic did a **** job with custom gamemode support, UT3 doesn't currently support everything custom gamemodes need. Though they've said that it'll be fixed in patch two, problem is we gotta wait for them to finish the stupid xbox 360 version of UT3 for them to start working on a patch to fix it and many other things.

Comment

Next on my to do list is to add artifacts to BattleRPG. This will allow you to actively select an artifact and activate it (assuming you have enough Mana).

Comment

Please read what I just posted you two. I didn't post it for no reason. What I meant was Macros for more Skill-Like Skills, like beams of fire, fireballs, explosions around the user. Stuff like that; more like sorcery. I think that could be fun if you get good at it, and completely revamp the game.
                  Ah, now I understand what you mean, thank you for explaining it. Next on my list is to add artifacts to BattleRPG, I think you can roughly compare those to active (magic) powers. They will burn Mana.

Comment

Originally posted by instagibbed View Post
                    In Mysterials 2K4RPG, he had the attributes and skills seperated and this is where the original question comes from (I think). I also agree that having these two seperated on the 'Purchase Menu' would make things a lot easier to read. I also understand that it is not a priority for you at this point as you want more functionality before implimenting a more complex UI.
                    Actually I think the current aproach of making everything an ability is easier to understand. It also makes it more flexible for server admins. I agree the actual menu has to become nicer.

I would still like to see classes implimented (or at least the ability to add classes) with the option to customize the classes easily.
                    I am not a great fan of classes in RPG (my own UT2004 flavor never had them) but I know a lot of people love them so I will enable them in BattleRPG (probably after I implemented the artifacts). I will then include several INI examples allowing server admins to choose for classes or not. The classes will become completely dynamic allowing server admins to design their own.

For example: A Gunner can increase his weapon damage attribute to level 20 but weapon speed is capped at level 5 and costs 10 RPG$ per level and movement speed is not an option, cap level 0. But a Sniper has weapon damage cap 0, Weapon Speed cap 20 and Movement speed cap 10).
                    Hm I didn't think of this yet, good suggestion.

With classes comes the ever popular Medic class which needs the ability to heal their teammates. Mysterials 2k4 RPG handled this by adding a Medic Weapon that did 50% less damage to enemies, but healed teammates. This is a must with or without classes implimented.
                    Agreed, especially with invasion.

Loaded Weapons, Denial
                    Yes those are on the list (almost all abilities of UT2004RPG, DruidsRPG and my own RPGKIT are). Some are harder than others (e.g. Denial is quite complicated) so some will take longer than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                      Epic did a **** job with custom gamemode support, UT3 doesn't currently support everything custom gamemodes need. Though they've said that it'll be fixed in patch two, problem is we gotta wait for them to finish the stupid xbox 360 version of UT3 for them to start working on a patch to fix it and many other things.
                      Yes I also think it is a UT3 problem, not a Galtanor problem. Other gametypes seem to have similar problems. BattleRPG is not a gametype but a mutator so it is not involved in this.

You can connect to the Invasion BattleRPG server by pressing F10 and typing: "open 79.99.24.9:8888" or "open inv.bigbattleservers.com:8888".

You can also add all BigBattleServers.com UT3 servers to your UT3 favorites at once by replacing the UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchFavorites section of UTGame.ini (in the \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config directory) with the following section:
                      Code:
                      [UTGame.UTDataStore_GameSearchFavorites]
                      ServerUniqueId[0]=117348243
                      ServerUniqueId[1]=119165793
                      ServerUniqueId[2]=119167662
                      ServerUniqueId[3]=119167841
                      ServerUniqueId[4]=119167776
                      ServerUniqueId[5]=119167717
                      ServerUniqueId[6]=
                      ServerUniqueId[7]=
                      ServerUniqueId[8]=
                      ServerUniqueId[9]=
                      ServerUniqueId[10]=
                      ServerUniqueId[11]=
                      ServerUniqueId[12]=
                      ServerUniqueId[13]=
                      ServerUniqueId[14]=
                      (If you already have favorite servers, simply add the numbers to the free entries in the list).

Comment

Sorry to bother you so much; but I seemingly am having the same problem as last time again. I installed the Config for P5 in UTGAME/Config (I think that's it) whatever the readme said is where I did. Then I put the UPK in CookedPC, then I went into Special Versions and put in that u and the UT3 invasion installation. For whatever reason even after I kill twice my Listing on the left (Magic weapon,e xp, level, ect.) will not appear no matter what. I also tried the L key and the menu is completely blank even though it's clearly not too early.

I tried what I did last time (Joined the warfare server) but it doesn't seem to have P5 yet and it wont work like it did last time. I would appreciate any help to fix this, thanks.

Comment

Sorry to bother you so much; but I seemingly am having the same problem as last time again. I installed the Config for P5 in UTGAME/Config (I think that's it) whatever the readme said is where I did. Then I put the UPK in CookedPC, then I went into Special Versions and put in that u and the UT3 invasion installation. For whatever reason even after I kill twice my Listing on the left (Magic weapon,e xp, level, ect.) will not appear no matter what. I also tried the L key and the menu is completely blank even though it's clearly not too early.
                          Do you have problems if you try to use the plain BattleRPG version? Or do you only have problems in combination with Invasion? If so which version of Invasion? You could also try to clean out your system (clean the cache and remove all none UT3 .u, .upk and .ini files) and try it from there.

I tried what I did last time (Joined the warfare server) but it doesn't seem to have P5 yet and it wont work like it did last time. I would appreciate any help to fix this, thanks.
                          My Warfare BattleRPG servers have V4 B2, which is identical to V5, my Invasion BattleRPG server has V5. The plain version of BattleRPG V5 is almost identical to BattleRPG V4, the difference is mainly the two special versions for Invasion. If V4 works, V5 should work as well.

Comment

I just tested, it still works with Team Deathmatch and Normal Gametypes.

I really don't get it as it works with those, anyways.

I have tried it with both Gultanor's Invasion and UT3 invasion. (Yes, I used the correct .u files each time. I switched them when I used the other.) but the problem being is it does not work with either. I used the latest versions that were included in the P5 rar.

Comment

Make sure you are including the mutator BattleRPG when running the Invasion Gametype. I ran into a similar issue and this was the problem, I kept forgetting to include the mutator to the game.

Comment

Make sure you are including the mutator BattleRPG when running the Invasion Gametype. I ran into a similar issue and this was the problem, I kept forgetting to include the mutator to the game.
                                Yes that sounds familiar, made that mistake several times as well .

Comment

Working...
                                X