Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by TheDarkAlly859 View Post
    What an amazing mod. Kept me playing all night ^^ thanks a lot man this made my day!
    You're welcome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
    RPG Yay! Now all we need is invasion for ut3!!!
    BattleRPG V5 already includes Galtanors Invasion and UT3 Invasion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
    First off, thanks very much for all your hard work. I have uploaded the latest version to our UT3 server and combined it with Galtanors Invasion. We have supported this type of combination for quite some time with UT2K4 and really are looking forward to this.
    You're welcome.

The BattleRPG.u file supports all three game types right now. You upload the specific one you need to work with either BattleRPG by itself, Galtanor's or Invasion UT3. The problem is, any redirect can only contain one copy so unless you have a private redirect, people coming to your server may download one for another version. I don't know enough about the scripting side of this to know if you can combine these or not so that at least you have only one.
    There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

When you sell abilities, items... Your points do not always add back to your current pot.
    Is this with the default INI?

Would like "cost" of the next item displayed. Lose track quickly how many points it takes to buy the next item. If you show current level of the item, its max value and how much to buy the next one that would be very helpful.
    Good idea, thank you, I will put it on my to do list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
    BattleMode. I get some really long error now just before the game goes to the loading screen. I add BattleRPG and hit okay, then next to start the game. For like a quarter of a second some form of long error appears but it's so quick I can't see it. I'm going to download FRAPS and try to film it so I can pause it there; printscreen isn't working.
    There are some ScriptWarning errors in V5, they are harmless but ugly. I fixed most of them by now so those will probably be gone with V6. (And there will probably some new ones ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by godmode0 View Post
    So with other words i cant use it

For custom downloads you can choose download from ut-server or file-redirected server

You can't use both ( tell me if i m wrong ) i tested it

And i m a big RPG inv fan , could you compile 1 for me new for (galtanorsinvasion) ? named example
    BattleRPGv5.u i wil upload it to the redirect servers.

ftp://redirect.gameservers.net user/pass upload / upload

::: Big thx to gameservers.net for hosting all files with blazing speeds :::

lemme know if its possible Battlemode :P

Ty
    There is a trick to work around this. You can use the Invasion versions of BattleRPG just like the regular one (it supports all game types, not just Invasion). So you could use that same version on a "regular" BattleRPG server and also on a Invasion BattleRPG server. UT3 requires the Invasion .u to be present but BattleRPG only does the actual Invasion tricks if Invasion is selected as gametype.

So the best thing would be to upload the Galtanors Invasion version of BattlrRPG V5 (as BattleRPG.u) to the generic redirect. This would allow everyone to play all game versions, including Galtanors Invasion, based on the same redirect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off, thanks very much for all your hard work. I have uploaded the latest version to our UT3 server and combined it with Galtanors Invasion. We have supported this type of combination for quite some time with UT2K4 and really are looking forward to this.

Couple things that we have noticed and forgive me if I missed someone else stating it. Trying to go back through the threads but alot of activity.
    • The BattleRPG.u file supports all three game types right now. You upload the specific one you need to work with either BattleRPG by itself, Galtanor's or Invasion UT3. The problem is, any redirect can only contain one copy so unless you have a private redirect, people coming to your server may download one for another version. I don't know enough about the scripting side of this to know if you can combine these or not so that at least you have only one.
    • When you sell abilities, items... Your points do not always add back to your current pot.
    • Would like "cost" of the next item displayed. Lose track quickly how many points it takes to buy the next item. If you show current level of the item, its max value and how much to buy the next one that would be very helpful.
    Hope this is helpful. Will continue to run, test and provide feedback if we can. Welcome one and all to stop in and say hello!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ace08 View Post

here ya go !!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590438

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    This is very very weird. I have no idea why it does that on your system. Since it works for you when you go to a BattleRPG server it must somehow be some local configuration problem. But I have no clue what it might be.
    BattleMode. I get some really long error now just before the game goes to the loading screen. I add BattleRPG and hit okay, then next to start the game. For like a quarter of a second some form of long error appears but it's so quick I can't see it. I'm going to download FRAPS and try to film it so I can pause it there; printscreen isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    Unfortunately renaming mutators is a disaster with UT3 since you have to rebuild all your UI stuff (replace all the panels). The BattleRPG .u is relatively small (much smaller then a map) so if the redirect cannot support iit you could consider letting UT3 handle it.
    So with other words i cant use it

For custom downloads you can choose download from ut-server or file-redirected server

You can't use both ( tell me if i m wrong ) i tested it

And i m a big RPG inv fan , could you compile 1 for me new for (galtanorsinvasion) ? named example
    BattleRPGv5.u i wil upload it to the redirect servers.

ftp://redirect.gameservers.net user/pass upload / upload

::: Big thx to gameservers.net for hosting all files with blazing speeds :::

lemme know if its possible Battlemode :P

Ty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What an amazing mod. Kept me playing all night ^^ thanks a lot man this made my day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
    Excuse the double post; uhh. I put the default Config back in (I edited it for my SuperRPG LOL, increased maxes) and Dodge jumping is at the top instead of quickfoot. Anyways; now everything goes to dodge jump, or tries to (Since there's only one level nothing with purchase.) it goes to whatever is up top. It's frigging weird.
    This is very very weird. I have no idea why it does that on your system. Since it works for you when you go to a BattleRPG server it must somehow be some local configuration problem. But I have no clue what it might be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by >_> ¿ {MEX} ? <_< View Post
    is that the beta invasion or some *FINAL* invasion :?
    You have to ask that to the authors of the Invasion mods. BattleRPG is not beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by godmode0 View Post
    An idea for coders/makers of mods/files to give every release a difrent number example

BattleRPG001.u
    BattleRPG002.u

kuz when use redirect server like gameservers.net ( in this case the file is small ) you get a version mismatch when wanna try download kuz other earlier version are there

And only way yo get downlaods working from fast redirect is to set Allowdownloads=False in this case actyaly you enable fast redirect downloads and block uploads from server side ( with other words i need to upload all my custom files to redirect but have a version mismatch ) this is what i get , >>>> http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6...0801557sq1.jpg <<<
    Unfortunately renaming mutators is a disaster with UT3 since you have to rebuild all your UI stuff (replace all the panels). The BattleRPG .u is relatively small (much smaller then a map) so if the redirect cannot support it you could consider letting UT3 handle it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An idea for coders/makers of mods/files to give every release a difrent number example

BattleRPG001.u
    BattleRPG002.u

kuz when use redirect server like gameservers.net ( in this case the file is small ) you get a version mismatch when wanna try download kuz other earlier version are there

And only way yo get downlaods working from fast redirect is to set Allowdownloads=False in this case actyaly you enable fast redirect downloads and block uploads from server side ( with other words i need to upload all my custom files to redirect but have a version mismatch ) this is what i get , >>>> http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6...0801557sq1.jpg <<<

Leave a comment:

Working...
X