Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V5 now with Invasion and Invasion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
    Weird, I have not been able to do that (actually I wanted to implement this on purpose so people could have multiple weapons of the same type but with different magic, but I have not figured out how yet).
    Let me elaborate, in Invasion RPG, you can pick up a monsters weapon after it drops and if it ends up being a magic weapon, and you already have another type of that same weapon, you will have 2 of that same weapon.

This part where this is an annoyance is if you have two of all weapons, you end up having a very long weapon list and you cannot use dual enforcers.

Comment

Might as well make it so that if a weapon that is dropped is a magic weapon it would turn yours into one.

Comment

BattleMode, curious question; will you guys over at Onsrpg be hosting an (Preferably Glutanor) invasion RPG server?

Also, another suggestion; maybe impliment some sort of Skill System (Not abilities, but skills) that can be used on the Numpad on the right as macros rather then the top numbers? Or maybe shift/alt + a letter, xD I think that'd be great. Different interesting things maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ventuz View Post
          if it's not possible to make it Mutator only, then can't you make it as Total Conversion?
          Please note I didn't make the Invasion part, I made BattleRPG (which is a mutator).

Comment

Originally posted by instagibbed View Post
            Also found a bug that allowed one of the monsters to leave a darkwalker which allowed me to enter it, however I could not leave once I entered it.
            Seems like an Invasion bug to me, please contact the Invasion author about that.

Comment

Let me elaborate, in Invasion RPG, you can pick up a monsters weapon after it drops and if it ends up being a magic weapon, and you already have another type of that same weapon, you will have 2 of that same weapon. This part where this is an annoyance is if you have two of all weapons, you end up having a very long weapon list and you cannot use dual enforcers.
              Ah that makes sense. The monsters are probably using the regular weapons instead of the magic ones. Not sure yet how I can fix that, perhaps the Invasion mod needs to be adapted to solve this.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                BattleMode, curious question; will you guys over at Onsrpg be hosting an (Preferably Glutanor) invasion RPG server?
                I already launched a Invasion BattleRPG server (and used Galtanor).

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                Also, another suggestion; maybe impliment some sort of Skill System (Not abilities, but skills) that can be used on the Numpad on the right as macros rather then the top numbers? Or maybe shift/alt + a letter, xD I think that'd be great. Different interesting things maybe.
                What would be the difference between skills and abilities?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
                  Great!! Love this btw. i'm dutch too Bedankt voor deze geweldige RPG mod, echt fantastisch xD
                  You're welcome, graag gedaan .

Comment

The exploit found was actually just me not knowing how to add and subtract.

(some **** to make it stop whining about too short messages)

Comment

More like attributes vs skills.

Attributes:
                      Max Health
                      Max Damage
                      Weapon Speed
                      Max Mana (?)
                      Movement Speed
                      Damage Reduction
                      Etc.

Skills:
                      Vampirism
                      Dodge Jump
                      dont have time to think of more at this time. May make a larger list for you later.

Attributes can be as simple as, you raise the level, those attributes increase.

Skills can probably be used if you have the mana to use them. Perhaps they can be used like relics, only you always have them?

Just throwing out ideas.

Comment

*click Click Download!*

Comment

More like attributes vs skills.

Attributes:
                          Max Health
                          Max Damage
                          Weapon Speed
                          Max Mana (?)
                          Movement Speed
                          Damage Reduction
                          Etc.

Skills:
                          Vampirism
                          Dodge Jump
                          dont have time to think of more at this time. May make a larger list for you later.

Attributes can be as simple as, you raise the level, those attributes increase.

Skills can probably be used if you have the mana to use them. Perhaps they can be used like relics, only you always have them?

Just throwing out ideas.
                          I still do not understand what in your view the difference between skills and abilities would be. The things you mention here are almost all available in BattleRPG and are called abilities there.

Currently the following abilities are available:

Health bonus: Gives you 10 extra health per level every time you spawn. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5
                          Health regeneration: Regenerates 1 health per level per second. Only works if you didn't get harmed in the last 5 seconds. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.
                          Damage bonus: Your weapons do 5% more harm per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
                          Damage reduction: Weapons harm you 5% less per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 10.
                          Vampirism: Per level 5% of the damage you do is added to your health, up to 100 above your starting health. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
                          Weapon speed: Gives you 5% extra weapon speed per level. Max level: 10 Cost per level: 5
                          Ammo regeneration: Regenerates ammo for your current weapon at aproximately 1% per level per second. Max level: 5. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.
                          Quick foot: Gives you 5% extra walking speed per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50.
                          Super jump: Gives you 5% extra jump height per level. Max level: 10. Cost per level: 5.
                          Dodge jumping: Enables UT2004 style dodge jumping. Cost: 5.

Comment

Just a question.

Does this mod add anything extra other than Invasion support over BattleRPG 4?

So if i don't play invasion i don't need to upgrade to V5?

Comment

Originally posted by SilentOp View Post
                              Just a question.

Does this mod add anything extra other than Invasion support over BattleRPG 4?

So if i don't play invasion i don't need to upgrade to V5?
                              Yes some small enhancements:
                              V4 -> V5
                              Changes suggested by Shambler to remove potential exploits.
                              Fixed a bug which sometimes prevented a players level to be loaded from the database.
                              Implemented a backup database to minimize the chance of a player ever losing levels.
                              Implemented connection logic to allow BattleRPG to work together with Invasion.
                              Fixed several ScriptWarnings.

Comment

Great, thanks for the response

Comment

Working...
                                X