DM-Greenhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Greenhouse

This is the final of DM-Greenhouse, the beta was posted on the BeyondUnreal forums.

It's a fairly open area with some vehicles. Supports about 16 bots.

Download

Screens:

Thanks for trying it, leave feedback

The last screen shot looks great! ... PS3 though so I can't comment on the gameplay.

Comment

I'll try this one. Can't pass on a good looking map like this.

Comment

Very fun map. The vehicles are a good mix, and the lighting is done very well.

Comment

well done a nice map. Only one very minor critique the trees at the bottom are a lil overlit and it makes them look unrealistic. This is a fairly minor quibble about what is otherwise a good looking map. Thank you

Comment

vehicle deathmatch? I love these, downloading right now

Comment

Originally posted by paaawau View Post
              vehicle deathmatch? I love these, downloading right now
              Dose it have full bot support? I love these kind of maps, but man no Bot= No DL from me as I gave up on this games online a long time ago.

Too many cheaters/hacking noobs.....

Comment

It has bot pathing and just over 16 playerstarts...I didn't count them to be honest. I will edit the original post in case other people are wondering too. But this is my first map so I don't know if the bots behave perfectly. Tell me if they have issues and where, but on the whole, they are fine.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will try to cook it for PS3 when it's possible and if I can actually figure it out, being as technically inept as I am. The PS3 link will probably be here alongside the standard one I guess, and I probably won't bump it, because if everyone bumped their old mods for the PS3, then we wouldn't get anywhere :P

Comment

Oh man, I have a PS3 and I've really been wanting some vehicle deathmatch!! I thought I was the only one! Can't wait for the PS3 version! I love you already!

Comment

Hey! I already have a crazed fan. This is going well.

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggles View Post
                      It has bot pathing and just over 16 playerstarts...I didn't count them to be honest. I will edit the original post in case other people are wondering too. But this is my first map so I don't know if the bots behave perfectly. Tell me if they have issues and where, but on the whole, they are fine.
                      Played 3 rounds no bot problems here and thanks again

Comment

no bot problems here
                        Well, that is fantastic, because I had no idea what I was doing
                        I just incredulously stuck those apples about the place. Then I started a match and stared in wonder at the bots as they actually fought and collected weapons and powerups. Then I wept with joy. Putting apples everywhere is easy ^_^

Comment

Okay, I don't know what came over everyone just as they posted but... I'm sure you're a really nice guy and everything but... your map is awful. Seriously. Poor texturing, poor weapon placement, poor structure - EVERYTHING!

Even UT99 and similar games that had unrealed sucked back in the day because n00bs would make a bunch of box maps with random fire, lava, and water textures and call it a map. HORRIBLE! Everything up to the point of this map, while excluding the arena maps or other single box maps, has been great. This is terrible.

This new engine allows editors to do much more, easily, and quickly. And it allows them to have the opportunity to do it well. This map was not done well. It's not a map. It's a **** bunch of boxes with meshes stacked everywhere blocking paths and looking ridiculous. I'm not saying never try again. You'll get better, just take a 1 year break. That's all. And no offense man I was there too, but this is just not a quality release- even when I'm stoned.

Comment

Okay, I don't know what came over everyone just as they posted but...
                            Well, they either liked the map or were trying to be nice to a first time mapper learning the ropes.
                            I'm sure you're a really nice guy and everything but
                            I am. And you made me cry a little inside :'(
                            make a bunch of box maps with random fire
                            I couldn't resist using the surface of the sun looking texture...It was pretty.
                            Everything up to the point of this map, while excluding the arena maps or other single box maps, has been great. This is terrible.
                            That is an impressive feat. Do I get a prize?
                            It's a **** bunch of boxes with meshes stacked everywhere
                            Pretty much. I was going to try more advanced geometry next time, but I did like the layout of my map anyway.
                            just take a 1 year break
                            Uh, no. I liked making this map and plan on trying again when I have time. But you had best avoid it for both of our sakes, considering that this one appears to have mortally offended you.

Comment

You should work on this map a "bit" longer. I mapped my first map for three months (!!!!) until it was finished, and this one looks far from finished. Especially lighting in the last screen looks particularly bad.

I'm not saying that you should give up mapping, but you should demand more from yourself. You shouldn't be satisfied with a map that was done in few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X