WAR-Primeval[removed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Primeval[removed]

this project is being reworked: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...light=primeval

finnaly a Warfare map, gonna download it

Comment

That was great fun. Well done!

A couple of things kinda' bugged me... The centre node being referrred to as the prime node while the one close to the base was called the same *I know it's another prime node but I found it a bit confusing to know what node the announcer was referring to - It's no biggie

And... isn't the map mirrored horizontally compared to the original? Being on red, I notice the node's to the right whereas it used to be to the left hehe... Trying to confuse me further? lol

Very good remake all the same

Comment

Why I can't play this? Map doesn't show in map list.
        I put all 3 (WAR-Primeval_LOC_int.upk, WAR-Primeval.ut3, WAR-Primeval.ini) files in same directory where all other custom maps are.
        What I am doing wrong?

Comment

did you put them in the Unreal Tournament 3 parent folder in c:/program files? If so thats not where it goes:

Place files in this folder:
          [Drive Letter]\Documents and Settings\[Whatever your account name is]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
          If the folder doesn't exit, then create it.

Yes klasnic, the colors are reversed from the original. I didnt think it was that big of a deal.

I should have removed the announcements all together

Comment

Oops! I didn't chance anything, and now suddenly map works. My bad.
            Thanks for the great map.

Comment

Gave it a try in Instant Action, 6on6 Skilled.

Random observations:
              • Bots put up a very good fight.
              • Seems too big somehow. Longer walks between spawns and weapon lockers, larger areas around nodes, much wider passages between cores and side nodes. This necessitates constant use of the hoverboard, hopping on and off for every little trip to a pickup or vehicle. You could have disabled the hoverboard (check bAllowHoverboard somewhere in World Properties) rather than increasing all distances.
              • Bland fog drains much color and character out of the forest.
              • The forest does not look very next-gen... too many simple, low-res textures, basic lamp posts (were those in the old Primeval?), very little grass, no ferns, hardly any decoration at all and some lighting issues making random parts of the rocks black.
              • Goliath cannot enter side node areas. In contrast to the other passages, these passages seem much smaller than they used to be.
              • There's a very annoying blocking volume on the tree flanking the passage from center to Blue side node. The volume is much bigger than the tree and blocks many tank shots that should otherwise have struck the node or people around it.
              • Only one link setup? I'd have at least included a setup with classic vehicles (no Scavenger) and one with Necris stuff (Vipers, Scavengers, Darkwalker or Nemesis in center). Possibly more.

Comment

*I didnt increase distances, heightmap was scaled from 2k4 to UT3 2:1. Lack of dodge double jump in UT3 may make distances seem farther.
                *The passages between core and side nodes were widened because for some reason you would get stuck sometimes.
                * I wanted this map to be darker and foggier than the original. I wasnt going for an all out next gen look..
                * Trees and rocks were placed purposely to stop tank from entering side nodes.
                * Blocking volume near blue side node was placed there because it was very easy for blue manta to take out middle node while sitting quite far back and virtually unkillable.
                * It is basically classic vehicles, Scorp is way more powerful now and IMO the basketballs should not have been made to lock on to mantas. Thats the only reason I put the scavenger in there. I didnt add different link setups or different vehicles because all I wanted was the same play that the old Prime gave.

Comment

Bot Support concern

It seems that the bots don't concern themselves much with the little footpath that connects the Core with the adjacent node...once they take the adjacent node, they keep putting all their force on going around to take the center node. Once my team took the adjacent node, I was able to consistently walk over to their core unchecked--they didn't appear to know I was there--and blast away at it. To make this story shorter, there are two paths away from the Core, and I only ever saw the bots take one of them.

Comment

Looks VERY nice. Any chance you'd be willing to convert it for PS3 users next week if/when the toolset is released?

Comment

you are correct traumor, this map has minimal bot support....Hopefully this is mostly played on busy pubs.

mikehc69, I will look into it when the toolset comes out

Comment

i have it loaded on my warfare server. Got a couple pub rounds with around 6 people on it. Was alot of fun and reminded me of ut2k4 days. The spider mine deployable is good cheap fun I like the addition of the scavengers.

If anyone wants to play it online come check out The HO Down under warfare servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                          * It is basically classic vehicles, Scorp is way more powerful now and IMO the basketballs should not have been made to lock on to mantas. Thats the only reason I put the scavenger in there. I didnt add different link setups or different vehicles because all I wanted was the same play that the old Prime gave.
                          The old scorpion still locked onto mantas. How is that new?

Comment

Little effort put into bots, bad framerate, floating weapon bases, ugly canopy and some atrocious geometric deformation that i've never encountered in any map before... this really needs to go back to beta stage...

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                              i have it loaded on my warfare server. Got a couple pub rounds with around 6 people on it. Was alot of fun and reminded me of ut2k4 days. The spider mine deployable is good cheap fun I like the addition of the scavengers.

If anyone wants to play it online come check out The HO Down under warfare servers.

AH that means to me that if I can't upload it because it crash after 1 m├ęga it's comming from my side and not from map

Comment

Working...
                              X