Crashing problem has been RESOLVED

Filename: DM-Phobetor.ut3
    Author: Zachary "Big Dragon" Blum
    eMail Address: zjbdragon@gmail.com
    Website URL: http://www.developerdragon.com
    Release Date: 12/31/2007
    Last Update: 1/2/2008
    Version: 1.2

Special Thanks: AnubanUT2, Stranger_NL, Cleveland, Hourences, Beyond Unreal, Epic Games

Play Information
    ----------------
    Game Type: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Duel
    Botmatch: Yes
    Single Player: Yes
    Teamplay: Yes
    New Textures: Yes
    New Sounds: No
    New Music: Yes

Construction
    ------------
    Base: Scratch
    Build Time: 1 month
    Ideal Playercount: 2 to 16
    Editor(s) Used: UnrealEd
    Known Bugs: None

Change List (from beta)
    ------------
    - Map scaled up 10%
    - Gravity decreased 5%
    - Interior spaces restyled
    - Sound effects and ambiance added
    - Bots now go for the powerups
    - Biorifle snuck in on top of the parked spaceship
    - Skybox darkened
    - The entire map is now above the killz line (1.1)
    - Skybox lighting channel is correctly set on both actors and lights (1.1)
    - 2 auroras were removed; mipmap streaming is now forced on remaining aurora (1.1)
    - all light influence was removed from the moon, mipmap streaming now forced (1.1)
    - music track was removed from the ambient category and now should respond as music in the game sound settings (1.1)
    - one sound effect that was out of bounds has been removed (1.1)
    - lightmap resolution altered on tops of towers (1.1)
    - moon was moved back up against the starsphere (1.2)
    - ambientsoundsimple_21 was removed (blamed for the crashing problem; sound effect was a glacier cracking and also sounded like distant weapons fire; Epic may want to check out that sound effect file since it's one of theirs; the sound effect was imported into the map's package file during cooking)(1.2)
    - all references to FX_LensFlares were purged and instead reset to target Envy_Effects2 (possibly connected to the crashing problem; for an unknown reason a retail package may have been duplicated into the working directory folder and used to store information about the strobe lights at the top of the antenna towers; the new red lights have had their textures changed to a different package; this is a possible editor bug when using emitters that display materials instead of textures)(1.2)
    - pickup light bug was fixed(1.2)
    - the lone skeletalmeshactor had its rigidbody settings disabled and optimization options turned on (1.2)

Extended Description
    --------------------
    Following the success of the Morpheus project Liandri decided to construct a second set of towers deemed the Phobetor project. In Greek mythology Phobetor is a brother to Morpheus and ruler of nightmares. Liandri's goal is to recreate the same fast-paced tournament action on the top floors of Phobetor as what audiences have enjoyed on Morpheus.

Installation
    --------------
    Unzip the ut3, upk, and ini file into C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_NAME>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps. When you load up UT3 this map should appear under DM, Team DM, and Duel. If you are using -nohomedir then I'm not really sure where the map goes since it wouldn't even cook for me under -nohomedir.

Permissions
    --------------
    This level was created by Zachary "Big Dragon" Blum.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you link back to this post and give credit.

Download
    ----------------
    This map will/has been submitted to various UT mapping sites. Mirrors will be posted soon. The current download mirrors are listed below:

Download DM-Phobetor_V12.zip (11.5 MB) from Penn State University

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9917 to download from NaliCity

Screenshots
    --------------
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor001.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor002.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor003.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor004.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor005.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.personal.psu.edu/zjb105/DM-Phobetor/DM-Phobetor006.jpg[/screenshot]

Wow!!! It has finally arrived ... Well I am off for a while to enjoy this amazing level. **** it really is something special ... People are gonna be talking about this baby and playing it for awhile. Thanks for all your hard work ... it is definitely appreciated.

Comment

Hate to tell you this but something is really wrong with this version ... it has crashed my UT3 and brought me back to the desktop two times in a row after about one minute of play. Man this is terrible because I really like what you did with the transitions .. you can really see through them for better shots now but they are not totally clear ... could you see if you can solve this before calling it quits for the evening.

Edit: Yes it is 100% the new version .... I reinstalled the beta and was able to complete a 20 point match .. then I tried the new one and again with 1-2 minutes max the game completely crash ... *sigh*

Comment

Yes, crashes me also.

And why is that infernal music playing? The first thing I do with any game, is turn the music off, I haven't even heard any music in UT3, this map, (final and earlier release) and also some other map I downloaded, play music, even when I have the music off, how do I get rid of it?

Comment

Microsoft visual library C++ abnormal program termination. Cant wait till prob is fixed i had morpheus4 beta. this looks and plays so much better. well done

Comment

Hi UHH incubus nice to see yet another aussie on here

Comment

I also meant to tell you that I really like the map description ... and I totally love the concept.

Comment

Incubus this and a few other maps you have to turn the ambience down rather than music. I guess people are still learning the UE3 game. Myself I havent made any maps so Im just grateful for others efforts but yerh flatwars is one i cant stand the music on lol this solution works for that too from memory

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                  Hi FragTastic, yeah, there are a few of us around

Comment

Incubus this and a few other maps you have to turn the ambience down rather than music. I guess people are still learning the UE3 game. Myself I havent made any maps so Im just grateful for others efforts but yerh flatwars is one i cant stand the music on lol this solution works for that too from memory
                    Ok, thanks, I'll try that when this map gets fixed up, can't remember what the other one was, but I didn't end up keeping it anyway. This one though, going on the earlier version I tried should be a keeper

Comment

I crashed as soon as the map loaded.I have the earlier version on my server.Hope you have this fixed soon.

Comment

I am aussie too! g'day

@bigdragon, it appears that you took my advice! it looks like you have a much darker planet now from those screenies. i'll be checking the map soon. GG! As long as you reference the original morpheus in the map description i dont care what this map is called.

Comment

it look good but comput crashes after 10 seconds ^^but nice map

Comment

It crashed me as well. Such awesomeness and it crashes!

Comment

Originally posted by Secundus View Post
                              Such awesomeness
                              Indeed this level is insane ... man there are some amazing levels being created with this version of UT. Man I am really happily surprised at how many genuinely good solid levels there are. It is really fantastic for all of us in the community.

Comment

Working...
                              X