Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ripper UT3 [Final] [Pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper UT3 [Final] [Pics]

Edit - If you're looking for a better version that matches the original UT Ripper, please take a look at the Ripper Lite thread here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620138 - Thanks!

Ripper UT3

What is this?

Ripper UT3 is a "port" of the original Ripper from Unreal Tournament - a popular weapon that fires sharp blades. The most common uses of this weapon are beheading enemies and spamming corridors with the bouncing blades.

The UT3 Ripper isn't a carbon copy, however - the weapon model (provided by Mode, used in our Fraghouse Invasion mod for the Razorbomb weapon) is chunkier and more detailed than the original. The blade speed for the primary fire is faster to compensate for the game's quick pace, and secondary fire is a payload bomb that, rather than continuing in a straight line, gradually arcs and loses height.

Yeah, fine, whatever, where's the download?

Here: FileWorks (10.35MB)

Got any screenshots?

Sure...

More details!

Primary fire shoots out high velocity blades that cause moderate damage. If you aim at head height and deliver enough damage to kill an enemy, the blade will decapitate him/her! Furthermore, if you don't decapitate your enemies, they will often be "pinned" to walls or ceilings. How would you get them pinned to the ceiling? Use the rebounding trick! Aim at the floor just in front of an enemy and fire your blades, as they will ricochet up into the enemy. Experiment with different angles and tactics to get the most stylish kills!

Secondary fire launches a small bomb that, by itself, does not do very much damage, and uses up 2 ammo points, meaning it should be used in moderation. What the explosion will do, however, if it hits the enemy, is throw them into the air - from there you can either try and nail them mid-air with your primary fire, or see if they end up taking damage from the resultant fall, as you can get points for "pushing" enemies off the playing area...

Can I kill myself with my own blades?

Yes, you dummy!

I want to destroy the people responsible for this, where can I find them?

Mode was responsible for the new model and skin, and Parser did the coding and importing - you can find them both at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com

Addendum

I realise some people will think this mutator is awful because it's not an exact copy of the original UT Ripper - if you feel that way, then I apologise - just bear in mind I did try the original values that were used for the UT Ripper, but in UT3 they felt sluggish and too weak!

Enjoy!

Now we have a complete weapon suit ... that is so cool ... This is gonna be a lot of fun and heads are going to roll. Thanks for the weapon man ... you know you started something here but at least yours is first.

Comment

just ENJOY i w8 a real remake of the ripjack/eventror now^^

Comment

pretty sweet. the ripper was always one of my favorite guns since the first unreal. some one should make a mutator that allows you to fire 6 rockets at a time with the rocket launcher

Comment

Originally posted by theadvanced1 View Post
          pretty sweet. the ripper was always one of my favorite guns since the first unreal. some one should make a mutator that allows you to fire 6 rockets at a time with the rocket launcher
          Lucky for you someone did so use this with the Ripjack on the fantastic new DM-Codex-FE and you'll think you were playing UT99.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=587686

Comment

first, wow, really nice behavior of that weapon, reminds me to the orginal with lower firerate, good work

what i have to consider is the look of the weapon-model which could have better design and that secondary fire seems to be affected by gravity.

overall it adds nice gameplay, thank you

Comment

Odd colour...only left handed...does it replace the flak cannon? I hope not...

Otherwise it looks cool! (needs new GUI pic to instead of flak cannons)

Comment

Very nice, this is the first fully-custom weapon for UT3 that I've seen so far.

Comment

you just made my day.... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
                    Odd colour...only left handed...does it replace the flak cannon? I hope not...

Otherwise it looks cool! (needs new GUI pic to instead of flak cannons)
                    Hey,

Odd colour? Well, I guess! Don't worry, it's not left-handed only, it's just that I prefer that weapon view. Yes, it does replace the flak cannon (erk), but there are other ways to get it in-game, just see the readme!

Comment

Nice job Parser and fraghouse team ^^
                      Very nice.
                      We wait WeaponLord too :=)

Comment

would you like this mutator built in to the next edition of UT3 Tweaker?

http://www.g-technology.co.uk/mutators.jpg

Comment

sure we w8 weaponlord seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                            would you like this mutator built in to the next edition of UT3 Tweaker?

http://www.g-technology.co.uk/mutators.jpg
                            Sure, go for it!

Comment

Umm, this doesn't work for me.

When iinstall it it works fine but when i use the replace flak cannon it won't rplace it and i have the tried the weapon replacement but it just doesn't show on the hud or ingame.

Whats wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X