Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Yard-SE [FINAL] [PC + PS3 DOWNLOAD]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Yard-SE [FINAL] [PC + PS3 DOWNLOAD]

Name: DM-Yard-SE
    Version: Version 1.0 Final
    Compatibility: UT3 1.1
    Description: My personal remake of Q3DM17
    Comments: I made this map just to get used to the new UED, trying to stay as close as possible to the original version. Have fun!
    Credits: Gush, Epic Games and Id Software

This is the final version of this map.

Downloads:
    PC: DM-Yard-SE PC Version
    PS3 EU: DM-Yard-SE PS3 EU Version
    PS3 US: DM-Yard-SE PS3 US Version

Additional download links:
    http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...DMYardSE;85954
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4152
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=6697

Changelist:

- Paths were fully reworked.
    - The little platform size was increased by ~10% and outdistance a little.
    - The bottom area of the main platform was spaced a little.
    - The sky was simplified for better view.
    - The spaceship was moved out.
    - Some minor eyecandy improvements here and there.
    - Added the PlayStation3 version.

ENJOY!

Screenshots:

C&C appreciated.

Love Quake III, the screens look nice, try it now !

Comment

Oh yeah man ... I like this one as well ... like I said I can't get enough of these good fight in space maps that are not too big and not too small ... thanks for the cool remake man. I like how the lighting looks in the pic and the radar dish is a nice visual addition. All these remakes are great because each one has its own distinctive take on the classic and that is cool when you are dealing with a good map and talented folks.

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonDeath View Post
          Very Nice!
          Speaking of which ... *cough* *cough*

Comment

nice design.

though I noticed in this and many other space maps some lack of haze or something around the planets. They look pretty clean and you can also see their poly edges. You could put some more work there, but besides that it looks good

Comment

I like your version too, man. GJ.
              But when do we create the "Q3DM17 remakers clan" ?

Comment

Nice but I have one request ... please remove that space ship that is just sitting there looking so phony it is distracting me from playing. Seriously it really destroys the illusion of fighting in space because it is completely static ... it doesn't even look like it is floating or anything .... just stuck like someone hung a picture. Could you add some thruster things to make it look like it is at least floating. I think the map would be better to just leave it out.

Comment

Really awsome .
                  great visuals, gameplay, etc...
                  Thanks for this very good map ^^

Comment

This is the best remake of Q3DM17 yet! Even the weapons remain faithful to the original.

I agree about the spaceship comment tho.

Comment

I'm so fed up with all these DM17 remakes now......

Comment

Cool to see yet another take on this awesome map. While I would normally complain tht too many ppl have done this map, there is enough difference between them so its ok. You take seems to be the one with the best look to it. Thanks!

Comment

Gush, I would like to personally congratulate you on having the best remake of The Longest Yard up to this point (both gameplay and graphics wise). I have played all the others ones, they do not compare.

It's not perfect though, but it's the best we have so far. I would agree about removing the space ship. Also, it is ever so slightly on the small side. But it should not be to much bigger, or it will be ruined.

The perfect size is when it is actually compelling to use the portals that are in the map, but it is also fine to not use them. Right now, it's tipped towards avoiding them because the map is ever so slightly small. This is most apparent with the size of the multi-jump pad in the center of the map, the distance of the sniper platform and the distance of the UDamage platform. The ambient sound volume could also stand to be a tad lower.

When the next patch comes out and redirect is fixed, I will be hosting the AHK DM server, and this map has a first class direct ticket into the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                            Gush, I would like to personally congratulate you on having the best remake of The Longest Yard up to this point (both gameplay and graphics wise). I have played all the others ones, they do not compare.

It's not perfect though, but it's the best we have so far. I would agree about removing the space ship. Also, it is ever so slightly on the small side. But it should not be to much bigger, or it will be ruined.

The perfect size is when it is actually compelling to use the portals that are in the map, but it is also fine to not use them. Right now, it's tipped towards avoiding them because the map is ever so slightly small. This is most apparent with the size of the multi-jump pad in the center of the map and the distance of the sniper platform.

When the next patch comes out and redirect is fixed, I will be hosting the AHK DM server, and this map has a first class direct ticket into the rotation.
                            You are entitled to your opinion of course but I would have to say this one is the MOST fun and has the MOST to offer. Have you even tried the FINAL version?

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...3#post25202283

This one is also excellent but imo it is spoiled by that static spaceship ... it really ruins the immersion factor .. while the one I linked to has no issues like that whatsoever.

Comment

I don't like that one so much. The music is annoying, the flying junk in space constantly confuses you and looks like another player, and it feels to slow or big. And I do not like the modifications from the original. I am open to change, but I feel the stuff added on that version are not to good.

I agree about the spaceship on this version, and I said it wasn't perfect, and I gave some quite detailed pointers on how to make it near perfect. I just think it's the best one so far and you are right everybody has their own opinion.

EDIT:
                              Yes my impressions of the CD version are based off of the 1.5 Final.

Comment

Working...
                              X