Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-TwistedFACEpro

DONE!
    EDIT:1-8-08, I'm still workin on a better version, thanks to a kick in the pants from Nighteye. WE're workin on it now. Looks a lot nicer than these pics below, think page 7or8 has updated pics

DOWNLOAD NOW:
    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Twist.../fileinfo.html

Note: this is the same file as BETA 2 in the beta release forums.

This is such a great map and so much fun ... I just played a 6v6 on skilled with bots and man it was pretty hard getting my flag back to base ... the bots were savages and unless you can get across the bridge with about 50 health you can hang it up. You did a really good job and this map is going to see a lot of play time. If you do ever decide to go back and add those other changes that were suggested (and the fix for getting snagged on the edge of the bridge) then you can call that version the SE version. But for a while this one will do just fine.

Comment

Looks brilliant!! Can't wait to play it xD

Comment

i like the Face map in all UT series good job ...

Comment

Well, I would have liked to seen a few more changes, but your vision and creativity are excellent.

If you do ever decide to go back and add those other changes that were suggested (and the fix for getting snagged on the edge of the bridge) then you can call that version the SE version. But for a while this one will do just fine.
          I am really excited about CarBall. Any additional Gametypes are always good.

Comment

yes nice !

downloading !
            why rating was so low ??

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
              downloading !
              why rating was so low ??
              There are still a few bugs and some polishing that the author decided to pass on for now so this is not as good as it should been but it is still **** good imo and lots of fun as I said in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                There are still a few bugs and some polishing that the author decided to pass on for now so this is not as good as it should been but it is still **** good imo and lots of fun as I said in my post.
                For a lot of people a "Full Release" map is the pinnacle of being 100% finished, and this one is like 95% with most things being minor, but a few major clipping issues that I hope one day the author fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by NightEye View Post
                  For a lot of people a "Full Release" map is the pinnacle of being 100% finished, and this one is like 95% with most things being minor, but a few major clipping issues that I hope one day the author fixes.
                  I'd agree with that although to me most maps are usually done at the 95% mark ... the authors who go that extra mile are the ones that have become well known in the community and you can pretty count on every time they release a map it will be as close to perfect as possible ... even if it takes a month to do. That is what separates them from all the other level designers around no matter how good they are. Most seem to lack the patience necessary to make their map as perfect as possible. But still 95% is close enough for me to be very happy with.

Comment

Incredibly high quality map there, friend. You can really see the time you put into it. I'm looking forward to more of your works.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                      I'd agree with that although to me most maps are usually done at the 95% mark ... the authors who go that extra mile are the ones that have become well known in the community and you can pretty count on every time they release a map it will be as close to perfect as possible ... even if it takes a month to do. That is what separates them from all the other level designers around no matter how good they are. Most seem to lack the patience necessary to make their map as perfect as possible. But still 95% is close enough for me to be very happy with.
                      Anuban, you are the ultimate collector of maps and mods. I on the other hand feel I don't have the time for 95% maps. Things like textures or gameplay decisions don't bother me, falling through clipped areas and glitches bother me.

Comment

Some nice work on a re-make of the classic face, however i did have a few problems with it.

Firstly, theres a clipping issue on the sides of the map where you can walk through the terrain. I'll try explain where i discovered it. If you start at the red base and walk across the left bridge facing the blue base, its just after the bridge on the left. I hope that helps.

Secondly, one graphical problem that really anoyed me, especially since i noticed it as soon as i loaded it up was that the stars move around very quickly, but the planets, sun and nebula doesn't. So it looks like ur on a spinning platform, but only if you dont have the planet in view, then it looks like the inside of a washing machine with planets I also felt it span a bit quick, but thats a smaller issue!

My other problems were gameplay related im afraid. The Faceing Worlds map, although a classic, is rather flawed IMO It becomes a bit of a sniper fest and is very limited to a single axis gameplay. by single axis i mean you walk in almost a straight line to the flag, and a straight line back, hoping you dont get snipped on the way. It lacks a bit of diversity in the gameplay and where the look of the level has been upgraded, i feel the gameplay of the level hasn't. Personally i'd like to see facing worlds shaken up a bit, so that its obviously a Face styled map, but it plays in a new and fun way. Maybe a Warfare twist or a V-Ctf map, with it not being so 1 dimentional.

However i realise that this was a re-make of a classic and on that its sucessful.

Plus it looks pretty nice!

Im afraid i won't be keeping it for my personal collection of maps, just because im rather tired of classic face, but it was a nice effort and i look forward anything you create in the future!

Comment

Beautiful map, nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigron View Post
                            Im afraid i won't be keeping it for my personal collection of maps, just because im rather tired of classic face, but it was a nice effort and i look forward anything you create in the future!
                            I guess it is all personal preference because I absolutely love face Classic.

The author has added a twist in that you can take long side routes jumping and translocating onto meteors on the sides, but as you said there is a clipping problem , which is why I won't be adding it to my collection.

Comment

NeoGzus see how easy I am too please. Just keep up the good work mapping and come back to this map when you get bored or frustrated with your next level.

Comment

Working...
                              X