Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Action Cam v1.0 - Bringing you into the Action!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Action Cam v1.0 - Bringing you into the Action!

    Play Unreal Tournament 3 from an over the shoulder view, like Gears of War or Mass Effect. This new camera view enhances the action and really brings you into the fight!

    Enter the battle with an over the shoulder camera and see the Action from an all new perspective! Action Cam is designed to offer better visibility, depth, and feedback to the player than the normal first person view, and offers pixel-perfect accuracy.

    UPDATE: Play Action Cam on your PS3! (01/06/08 @ 8PM PDT)

    Action Cam v1.0 is released onto our favorite console and ready for the masses to play around with! Thanks to StuntF50 for helping test the PS3 version, as I don't own one.

    Digg it!
    http://www.digg.com/playstation/Acti...eleased_on_PS3

    PS3 Mod Install Video Tutorial from Epileptic Gaming using Action Cam:
    http://epilepticgaming.ggl.com/2008/...deos-released/

    ModDB download (PS3):
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/10356/acti...10-ps3-release

    ModDB download (PC):
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/10356/acti...action-cam-v10







    Action Cam
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/10356/action-cam

    I'm hard at work on a new version, adding the ability to fully configure your camera settings and the ability to use presets that closely match those in some popular third-person games, so you can play the game just the way you want!

    If you have any feature requests or bugs to report, please post them here, I'll check back often.

    Thanks, and enjoy the Action!


    Known issues with v1.0 release:
    1. Some mutator incompatability, the current 1.0 release is a bit sloppy and replaces the Pawn and Controller, something that is already remedied in the next release.
    2. In a multiplayer game, the player model can become invisible to other players if the client's camera clips into his player model. This is bad, but it's also fixed in the next release.
    3. Not so smooth transition to and from feign death.

  • #2
    Right on man. I'm enjoying the heck out of this mutator, it's a blast on VCTF and Warfare, especially when using the Avril.

    Comment


    • #3
      Excellent man ... a superb mutator that really adds fun to the gameplay. This is why it is part of my favorites pack and I will definitely make sure to get the latest release ... any ETA .. I really like the idea of being able to configure it ... any way to improve the aiming at all. Sometimes it is impossible to shoot correctly straight upwards and sometimes it seems like the reticle drifts into the character's body so it makes it interesting let's just say ... so if there is anything you can do to improve the aiming mechanism that would be cool.

      Comment


      • #4
        Best mutator for UT3 I've seen so far.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm much better playing third-person with a gamepad, so if I ever play on a ps3 I will bless this mod. Great work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            Excellent man ... a superb mutator that really adds fun to the gameplay. This is why it is part of my favorites pack and I will definitely make sure to get the latest release ... any ETA .. I really like the idea of being able to configure it ... any way to improve the aiming at all. Sometimes it is impossible to shoot correctly straight upwards and sometimes it seems like the reticle drifts into the character's body so it makes it interesting let's just say ... so if there is anything you can do to improve the aiming mechanism that would be cool.
            v1.0 has the max and min pitch locked, making it impossible to aim straight up or down, but that will be configurable in the next release. The next release is still at least a week away.

            It's by design that the reticule drifts a bit as you stand close to a wall. As the camera pushes in to avoid clipping into the environment, the side offset shrinks to ensure consistent screenspace between the player model and the crosshair. When you move in close to a wall to your right, the camera moves in towards the player to ensure that the camera doesn't clip into the wall.

            Players will be able to configure a non-offset third-person view (straight overhead instead of over the shoulder) and that will negate any reticule drifting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fall View Post
              v1.0 has the max and min pitch locked, making it impossible to aim straight up or down, but that will be configurable in the next release. The next release is still at least a week away.

              It's by design that the reticule drifts a bit as you stand close to a wall. As the camera pushes in to avoid clipping into the environment, the side offset shrinks to ensure consistent screenspace between the player model and the crosshair. When you move in close to a wall to your right, the camera moves in towards the player to ensure that the camera doesn't clip into the wall.

              Players will be able to configure a non-offset third-person view (straight overhead instead of over the shoulder) and that will negate any reticule drifting.
              You sir are a genuis ... this is going to make playing with this become standard fare. I can wait but I don't want to LOL ... nah j/k .. take your time and get it right. This is definitely going to make those shots where the bots decide to go flying over my head a lot easier. Thanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Finally Thread this up in Epic !

                now I dont miss next version

                Comment


                • #9
                  Goodjob on this !! i like it a lot !!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Epic Cook This!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      played around with this yesterday. It's like getting a new game! Great.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Any way you could look and see why the NoArrows mutator and this one are incompatible ... if I use that mutator in CTF, VCTF, and WAR levels then yours doesn't work. It is the only mutator I use that has conflicts with yours but man is it essential since I hate those arrows. If not I understand but I thought I would ask ... The link to that mutator is in my sig (in the first post ... I updated it with your thread as well ). Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's almost exactly like GOW

                          For a somewhat simple mutator, this added a bunch of fun to UT3.
                          Very nice work.
                          I normally don't like 3rd. person views but this is sort of a cross between 1st. and 3rd and I really like it. It's almost exactly like GOW.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yes me too

                            Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            Any way you could look and see why the NoArrows mutator and this one are incompatible ... if I use that mutator in CTF, VCTF, and WAR levels then yours doesn't work. It is the only mutator I use that has conflicts with yours but man is it essential since I hate those arrows. If not I understand but I thought I would ask ... The link to that mutator is in my sig (in the first post ... I updated it with your thread as well ). Thanks.
                            didnt work with some other Mutators
                            also I really wish next version have Toggle 3rd person & 1st person view switch option please

                            "MasterB" yes like me I was playing only 3rd person game before
                            but for UT2004 Mr Evil made "AerialView" Mutator so I continue playing UT2004.
                            and now I will play UT3 for long time too
                            Epic please pay him

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can we toggle from 'over the shoulder' view to standard 1st person view during play?


                              *Edit* Yikes, my bad

                              But if you can do toggling 1st and 3rd, that wont hurt then

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X