Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Rubik[PICS][FINAL]

Map Name: Dm-Rubik
    Description: A Rubik's cube styled level. Color coded for Maximum carnage.
    Number of Players: 4 to 12
    Custom Content: Music

I've been working on Dm-Rubik for about a month now off and on.
    Anyways. The way it work is there are 27 rooms. in a 3 x 3 x 3 cube. Each room is color coded (see the Readme for info)

Below are two screenshots showing what I mean.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1352/dmrubik001mk9.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2596/dmrubik002qk7.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

And here's a video on Youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtXwaM_0pDA

I want to apologize beforehand. This map did not come out 100% as intended. Just by watching the video you'll understand (**** jumpads).

Download for Filefront:Click Me NAO.
    Download for ModDB: NO CLICK ME!

looks nice m8

take a litte wall over the jump-pad -way so you jump and at the smal wall you got a little kick forward .the wall must be higher then peoples head ^^.

edit

i watch video again ..

you jump in the next rooms corners at top of them .
    so its easy to make a triangle wall that give a little push to middle of the room.

Comment

This is a funny concept.

I wish I had a computer that could handle the Unreal Editor so I could make maps of my own.

I agree to what's said above, that would be a very easy way to make it even better.

Comment

ModDB mirror was authorized.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this SAHChandler. Its an unnusual idea and I found it fun to play the two matches I tried it even if it was a little bland visually. Ironically it is very decorative for a rubiks cube so dont take that as a criticism. Didnt watch video sorry but played two quick matches on it and didnt have much trouble navigating. If its taken you a month and unreal not being round much longer than that it is obviously a first map. Anyhow I dont think that people who spend a month making maps for others to play should have to say sorry. Cheers for giving me another map to play

Comment

I like this map it looks really cool but i do think that you should replace the jump pads with fast moving elevator floors. but good work also maybe a bit more light like some on the walls or some fire to help add to the ambiance. Also it would be cool to be cooked for PS3 when epic finally releases the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper898 View Post
              I like this map it looks really cool but i do think that you should replace the jump pads with fast moving elevator floors. but good work also maybe a bit more light like some on the walls or some fire to help add to the ambiance. Also it would be cool to be cooked for PS3 when epic finally releases the tools.
              I tried the elevator thing before the jumpads but i found they were descending too fast and that was interfering with bot AI and the gameplay.

I do plan on cooking this map for the PS3 (and 360) when they [PS3 cooking and eventually 360 cooking tools] are made avaliable.

Comment

Working...
              X