Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raze.at View Post
    Hey Brad, could you include an option to your tweaker wich lets you choose the format of the screenshots?

Just a simple one like: Save screenshots in [ ]*.bmp / [X] *.jpeg
    no the filetype is coded in to the game, i can give the option to then resave your screenshots as .jpg for instance... but initially the game would have taken them as bmp

Comment

Theres a few options ive added to the screenshot manager

choose and delete screenshots

Upload to a free webserver which then gives you the html, bb code etc so you can post them on websites. the files are converted in to jpg on upload

Save them as jpg to a location you specify

Comment

Could you, if you find out it is possible, make it so that you can turn vehicle and character brightskins off in this tool?

Comment

Originally posted by lutjekabal View Post
          Could you, if you find out it is possible, make it so that you can turn vehicle and character brightskins off in this tool?
          think this has already been answered by someone else. its not possible through the config files

Comment

TY! For this Tool

Comment

I love this tweaker - keep it up! I'll always keep using this thing. It has brought FSAA into my UT3 life- which is great. BTW, does turning up the settings on the tweaker to max actually make anything higher than just going into the game and doing it yourself? And also, does your tweaker turn down the post processing at all? It's just a minor thing I thought I had noticed.

Comment

Boomslang yes it does increase the graphics more than what is capable through the games GUI alone

no it does not handle post processing as yet. Anuban has addressed this with me and it will be dealt with in the future

Comment

Hi Brad, just downloaded your utility but haven't tried it yet.

Are you saying if I'm already playing the game maxed out with the in-game setting I can improve the image quality even more using your tweaker?

Comment

you may see a difference you may not the results do vary for different users, and it will be good to hear yours after you have applied it.

the tweaker does use values that the game does not, such as framerate adjustments etc.

you may want to apply max graphics details, but turn off fog, which in effect will give you a crisper looking game. note that if you check the game sliders after doing this you will see they have decreased.. this is only because the game doesnt understand that if one thing is unticked then it cant be max settings. everything else is still maxed out.

read the glossary and learn about the tick boxes. everything being ticked may be the max graphics settings.. but that doesnt mean its max, in terms of how good it looks

Comment

Ok... many posts have been scattered throughout this thread with features you can expect to see in version 4.0

This post is to summarize the application

here is a picture of the main form
                      [shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/ut3t4.jpg[/shot]

As you can see a new look has been given to the utility, with more slick graphics for the buttons.
                      you will also notice on the right hand side greater control over FPS have been granted.
                      in summary, this is what the tools on the toolbar at the bottom do.

Top Row -Left to right

Crosshair control
                      opens a seperate window which grants you the ability to choose one of a variety of crosshairs, and colours, which can be applied to all, or individual weapons, like you could in UT4
                      [shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/xhaircontrol.jpg[/shot]

Movie Control
                      This controls the startup movies which are displayed when you start the game. there are several, and by using this tool you can remove, and restore them.

Games Language
                      This allows you to specify what language the game should be displayed in. after changing this to french for instance, all menus within the game will be in french.

server control
                      This will allow you to change the port, enable or disable downloads from the server, and there are some other features which are currently being developed, but i am uncertain if these will be included in the next release. it depends how much demand there is.
                      The item being designed for this button will allow you to create map cycles, but will allow you to mix game types. so instead of just hosting CTF, TDM or warfare, you can host a variety of game types in the same list.

How rude..
                      Controls Profanity in the game. changes words to F you, for example.

Screenshot manager
                      Allows you to browse through your screenshots, and grants the ability to:
                      Delete the ones you dont want,
                      save them to another location as a different file format such as JPG
                      upload to a web server which will then give you the BB code, html, etc so you can post them on the forums
                      [shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/ssmanager.jpg[/shot]

Reload
                      This reloads the ini files in to the application discarding any changes you have made.

Unlock Body Parts
                      This allows you to use body parts from different factions to create truely unique characters.
                      [shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/character.jpg[/shot]

bottom row - from left to right

Gore
                      This tool controls how much blood and gore is present in the game

Mutators
                      This tool will display you with a list of great mutators, with a detailed explanation of what they do, with a screenshot of them in action where available. by ticking the ones you like, and clicking install, you can just start a game and start hosting using these without the hassle of having to copy files to places.
                      [shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/rip.jpg[/shot]

Exit
                      Exits the utility without saving

Save
                      Saves your changes without exiting

Save and exit
                      do i really need to type a description for this one?

Glossary
                      With explanations of what all of the tweaks do, with tips and tricks for troubleshooting.

Comment

a new tool ive just started working on

[shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/pipeswitching.jpg[/shot]

Allows you to bind two weapons to the same key.

Comment

Save and exit
                          do i really need to type a description for this one?

^I needed that option^, ...so u are still working on that new version?
                          I really dont needed this tool... I was doing it all manually wich worked fine for me ,I just wanted to check your tool out... is like "Set your ut3 options for Dummys". Now version(4?) is going to be more robust I see with a few added Features/options like the ability to use all types of parts for custom char... But then again,Im already able to do that(but limited to a few factions)with a mod I downloaded from here.

Comment

"Set your ut3 options for Dummys".

lol thats a bit harsh. i can do all the tweaks manually, however id rather use a utility as its easier browsing, and less inclined to make a subtle mistake. i dont mind sifting through ini files to design applications, but i dont like doing it over and over to find a command to make a tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by andydepr View Post
                              "Set your ut3 options for Dummys". Now version(4?) is going to be more robust I see with a few added Features/options like the ability to use all types of parts for custom char... But then again,Im already able to do that(but limited to a few factions)with a mod I downloaded from here.
                              Erm... 99% of the people out there won't have the time, resources or knowledge to be able to 'tweak' the game to the level you boast about...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                                "Set your ut3 options for Dummys".

lol thats a bit harsh. i can do all the tweaks manually, however id rather use a utility as its easier browsing, and less inclined to make a subtle mistake. i dont mind sifting through ini files to design applications, but i dont like doing it over and over to find a command to make a tweak.
                                No man we are cool... I did not mean to dis u or your work.

" i can do all the tweaks manually, however id rather use a utility as its easier browsing, and less inclined to make a subtle mistake. i dont mind sifting through ini files to design applications, but i dont like doing it over and over to find a command to make a tweak."
                                -same here,Thats the only reason for me to use your tool,hey if is esier,it works for me. Im gonna start to use it now instead of doing it manually.

My last post was me just saying,thinking out loud...

Comment

Working...
                                X