Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    This looks great! But yeah can you please do a befor after of same pictures please, as i cant see any difference apart from what looks like slightly less aliasing.

    So i take it as you said this fixes the WD bug with turning off DOF? Thats been the one thing that has ****** me off so much that turning DOF off forces low WD 1 setting.

    And it support -nohomedir now i assume?

    Also what about the uncapping FPS option, is this in the tweaker to?

    Comment


      #32
      This tool is just the best , it getting better release after release !! thx a lot brad !

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
        This looks great! But yeah can you please do a befor after of same pictures please, as i cant see any difference apart from what looks like slightly less aliasing.

        So i take it as you said this fixes the WD bug with turning off DOF? Thats been the one thing that has ****** me off so much that turning DOF off forces low WD 1 setting.

        And it support -nohomedir now i assume?

        Also what about the uncapping FPS option, is this in the tweaker to?
        uncapping no. that will be in the next release. on this i just concentrated on the graphics. (its a big project, im the only coder )

        with regards to the dir im yet to find a way to allow you to just simply pick the folder... tried lots of ways and its buggy as hell. just copy and paste the file path to your config folder in to the field. if you done it for the old version you wont have to do it again ( it doesnt overwrite the tweakers config file)

        yes you can turn off DOF without decreasing the world detail

        the bar will still go down, but thats because the UT3 graphics control doesnt understand turning off one setting. it detects that not all the settings are switched on so shows you a lower bar. many people will agree that the graphics are still cranked up, even if this bar shows it has decreased, and this you can see when you open up the tweaker and see everything is still applied apart from the DOF.

        with regards to the before and after pics. no. thats up to the community to take pictuires im doing enough work coding this, and i dont want to do even more work promoting it.


        new preview of version in development
        [shot]http://www.g-technology.co.uk/mutators.jpg[/shot]

        Comment


          #34
          I see you got my pack's mutators integrated very well in this latest version. Looking forward to beta testing this. Very nice work indeed. Now will this make the mutator active without you having to add it to the mutator list in game or what? How exactly will this work?

          Edit: What happened to the max button and the turtle button?

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            I see you got my pack's mutators integrated very well in this latest version. Looking forward to beta testing this. Very nice work indeed. Now will this make the mutator active without you having to add it to the mutator list in game or what? How exactly will this work?

            Edit: What happened to the max button and the turtle button?
            lol did that confuse you?

            by clicking the mutator button a panel covers all of those tickboxes on the right and the buttons underneith. when you click the mutator button again, it hides it, once again showing the buttons and tick boxes.

            using this design im unlimited as to how many ffeatures i can get in to the app.

            this will just copy all of the files in to the right places. you would then have to activate them ingame. unless theres an ini entry what activates them? for now it'l copy the files to the right places..... il earn about activating them in due course

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
              lol did that confuse you?

              by clicking the mutator button a panel covers all of those tickboxes on the right and the buttons underneith. when you click the mutator button again, it hides it, once again showing the buttons and tick boxes.

              using this design im unlimited as to how many ffeatures i can get in to the app.

              this will just copy all of the files in to the right places. you would then have to activate them ingame. unless theres an ini entry what activates them? for now it'l copy the files to the right places..... il earn about activating them in due course
              LOL ... I didn't even think about that ... very logical design on your part. About the mutators I just was unclear what you meant when you said install them ... if you meant actually install it or make it active from your app before you even go into the game (I don't even see how this would work but I had to ask because knowing you if there is a way you will find it and make it work), so thanks for the clarification.

              Comment


                #37
                Hi, nice tool, I liked the more gore part . Is it possible for me to turn off brightskins for team games (for both vehicles and characters)?

                And what about this in blue:

                "MaxMultisamples=1
                This setting appears to control the use of Multisampling, which is a common form of Anti-Aliasing
                <http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html>, used to reduce jaggedness. However at the moment
                altering this setting has no impact (either in DX9 or DX10 mode) since UT3 does not properly support AA -
                see Anti-Aliasing under the In-Game Settings section for more details of how you can force AA in UT3. In the
                future, Epic has stated that an AA option is possible for DX10 mode in Vista."

                Where am I supposed to look?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by lutjekabal View Post
                  Hi, nice tool, I liked the more gore part . Is it possible for me to turn off brightskins for team games (for both vehicles and characters)?

                  And what about this in blue:

                  "MaxMultisamples=1
                  This setting appears to control the use of Multisampling, which is a common form of Anti-Aliasing
                  <http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html>, used to reduce jaggedness. However at the moment
                  altering this setting has no impact (either in DX9 or DX10 mode) since UT3 does not properly support AA -
                  see Anti-Aliasing under the In-Game Settings section for more details of how you can force AA in UT3. In the
                  future, Epic has stated that an AA option is possible for DX10 mode in Vista."

                  Where am I supposed to look?
                  None of the settings in the game force AA ... to TRY and force AA in UT3 you have to use the control panel or nHancer ... it still doesn't work though people will swear to you it does. I think I explained this somewhere else in this thread. If you have an ATI card there is nothing you can even try. This is what that guide that was referring to but AA is completely broken in the latest drivers:

                  "AllowD3D10=True

                  This setting appears to allow DirectX10 mode when running in Windows Vista; it has no impact in XP since XP cannot run DX10. When enabled in Vista it seems to reduce performance, possibly in return for better image quality. At the moment it is difficult to see any improvements in image quality with this option enabled, so it is recommended that Vista users set this option to False to gain a noticeable improvement in FPS."

                  However the guide is unaware that there is a glitch in UT3 so that if you do set this to False you end up turning off a bunch of settings and the slider will be set at 1 for Texture detail so if you have Vista leave this setting Enabled ... it does not impact performance since there is no DX10 code in UT3 atm which in effect means that it is not doing anything at this time. Also be aware that once Epic patches UT3 with DX10 code Vista users then be able to do 4xFSAA and the difference will be clearly noticeable. For XP users they are stuck without true/fully working FSAA. Also from the tweak Guide and this refers to what you highlighted in blue:

                  "Antialiasing Support: UT3 uses a technique called Deferred Lighting, which doesn't allow for the use of normal Anti-Aliasing, at least in DX9 mode. Epic has stated that when running in DX10 mode in Vista, the game will allow the use of AA in the future. For the moment there are two ways to force Anti-Aliasing in the game:

                  - If you run a GeForce 8 series card you can force AA through the Nvidia Forceware Control Panel using the UT3 game profile in the latest Forceware, or rename the UT3.exe file found under the \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\ directory to BioShock.exe, and use the BioShock profile.
                  # You can apply a brute force method called Supersampling - which works on pretty much any game - using a utility such as nHancer to set 'AA Compatibility mode 45' for the game profile. This is not recommended, as it has a major performance impact and can also cause visual glitches.

                  A better alternative to either of the above is simply to adjust your Post Processing setting to something like Vivid, which helps cover up aliasing extremely well at a minimal cost in performance."

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                    uncapping no. that will be in the next release. on this i just concentrated on the graphics. (its a big project, im the only coder )

                    with regards to the dir im yet to find a way to allow you to just simply pick the folder... tried lots of ways and its buggy as hell. just copy and paste the file path to your config folder in to the field. if you done it for the old version you wont have to do it again ( it doesnt overwrite the tweakers config file)

                    yes you can turn off DOF without decreasing the world detail

                    the bar will still go down, but thats because the UT3 graphics control doesnt understand turning off one setting. it detects that not all the settings are switched on so shows you a lower bar. many people will agree that the graphics are still cranked up, even if this bar shows it has decreased, and this you can see when you open up the tweaker and see everything is still applied apart from the DOF.

                    with regards to the before and after pics. no. thats up to the community to take pictuires im doing enough work coding this, and i dont want to do even more work promoting it.


                    new preview of version in development
                    [shot]http://www.g-technology.co.uk/mutators.jpg[/shot]
                    Wow that new version looks different...what happened to the nice interface with all the on off options and that nice helpfull thingy on the left which explained what they all are? Or is that still in and your just showing a different screen?

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Nice, but isn't the LOD setting backwards? Or is high a negative value an low a positive value?

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
                        Wow that new version looks different...what happened to the nice interface with all the on off options and that nice helpfull thingy on the left which explained what they all are? Or is that still in and your just showing a different screen?
                        When you click on the "Mutators" button it is hidden while you configure which of the mutators from my favorites pack you want to install. Then once you are finished and save the other screen is back front and center.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                          Nice, but isn't the LOD setting backwards? Or is high a negative value an low a positive value?

                          well spotted but yes, its backwards ( doesnt make alot of sense does it considering the other settings. but its explained in the Glossary


                          Lol Cheers Anuban

                          Comment


                            #43
                            ok, thanks for clearing that up for me AnubanUT2 . But is it possible to turn off character & vehicle brightskins in this tool somehow?that would be so awesome .

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by lutjekabal View Post
                              ok, thanks for clearing that up for me AnubanUT2 . But is it possible to turn off character & vehicle brightskins in this tool somehow?that would be so awesome .
                              No problem at all. I love that stuff ... I read everything I can on the topic. Regarding the brightskins I'll let Brad answer that question.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                thats an easy one to answer... havent a clue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X