Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
    you dont get the extensions from anywhere you work them out.
    Thats the bit i am struggling with - from what?
    The name, the type, the size, something within the file itself?

Comment

yes i can do that for you
      Sweet!

Something else I recently noticed that the "Unlock body parts" doesn't seem to unlock all the characters - Malakai? for the Necris, and I think there should be a fourth one for the Krall too. However it does seem to unlock one that I don't have on my campaign completed profile (Kensai?). I think what characters you get might depend on what "missions" you actually do in the campaign.
      Also, if I build a character using parts from different races I seem to get odd protrusions from the forearms along with some character variation when playing online. Is there compatibility issues for parts from different races? I noticed that the Krall and Liandri parts don't seem to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
        Sweet!

Something else I recently noticed that the "Unlock body parts" doesn't seem to unlock all the characters - Malakai? for the Necris, and I think there should be a fourth one for the Krall too. However it does seem to unlock one that I don't have on my campaign completed profile (Kensai?). I think what characters you get might depend on what "missions" you actually do in the campaign.
        Also, if I build a character using parts from different races I seem to get odd protrusions from the forearms along with some character variation when playing online. Is there compatibility issues for parts from different races? I noticed that the Krall and Liandri parts don't seem to appear.
        yes there are certain compatability issues with certain ones due to different skeletal meshes. and yes theres quite a few qhich dont unlock... something i can tweak in the future

Comment

yes there are certain compatability issues with certain ones due to different skeletal meshes. and yes theres quite a few qhich dont unlock... something i can tweak in the future
          Ah, so it's onwards and upwards then!

Comment

[shot]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1691302_keyboard.jpg[/shot]

here is a keyboard i have started constructing. as you can see its looking a little rough around the edges but it wont be when its released.

all of the keys on the keyboard will be clickable. once clicked, configuration options will appear on the screen allowing you to change the keybind, or to create pipe switching for that key.
            this will be done again in a graphical manner. pictures of the weapons which you may add to a list, and then assign to the key by clicking. more on this feature at a later date

it would also be good to see a list of all of the binds instead of having to click the buttons to see what is binded, which will also be implemented.

furthermore it will detect duplicate key binds preventing those tedious errors from occuring.

Comment

Fantastic Work Brad!
              Can't wait for the next release!

Comment

i believe this mod and the Uwindows2 will be in the same catagory in the MSUC. good luck and let the best mod win!

Comment

Brad,
                  Wouldn't it be better to fix some of the stuff that isn't working in UT3T before adding more?
                  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of your hard work. I would just rather see a solid program with fewer options than one with lots of options when all don't work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                    Brad,
                    Wouldn't it be better to fix some of the stuff that isn't working in UT3T before adding more?
                    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of your hard work. I would just rather see a solid program with fewer options than one with lots of options when all don't work properly.
                    I never said the problematic ones havent been worked on?

Comment

I sure you will.
                      I'm just offering my opinion that fixes are more important than new functions.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                        I sure you will.
                        Im just offering my opiniion that fixes are more important than new functions.
                        i know

sorted the profiles page, hosting settings page ... screen res settings... some spelling errors etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by se1z View Post
                          cannot open file C:\Documents and Settings\Pan\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

??

no idea how to solve that, help please !
                          I have the same problem. Trying version 5.
                          I've pointed it to the right path for UTEngin.ini.

If I close the program, it cannot reopen it. I get the same error message.

So whats the answer, or is this program useless anyways?

Thanks!

Comment

So whats the answer, or is this program useless anyways?

Thanks!
                            its one of two things

1) you have the russian version of the game
                            A: not compatible

2) you have not set it correctly.
                            Cannot find UTEngine.ini
                            This means that the filepath is wrong. This could be because you have set the filepaths incorrectly.
                            open the installation directory of the tweaker at
                            "C:\Program Files\Rebellious productions\Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker"

unless of course you installed it to a different location. in this folder you will find a text file called ut3config4.txt

open it and it will look along the lines of
                            Quote:

DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
                            C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
                            C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3

please observe that the first line ends on UTGame, but not the UTGame folder located where the game is installed, unless you have used the -nohomedir

the first line indicates what you selected on button one. the second file path indicates what you selected on button 2.

you may click file, reset resource directory in the application, and it will allow you to pick these folders once again when you next open the application. alternatively, change the Value 0 in the config file to 1. this will have the same effect.

Comment

its one of two things

1) you have the russian version of the game
                              A: not compatible

2) you have not set it correctly.
                              Cannot find UTEngine.ini
                              This means that the filepath is wrong. This could be because you have set the filepaths incorrectly.
                              open the installation directory of the tweaker at
                              "C:\Program Files\Rebellious productions\Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker"

unless of course you installed it to a different location. in this folder you will find a text file called ut3config4.txt

open it and it will look along the lines of
                              Quote:

DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
                              C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
                              C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3

please observe that the first line ends on UTGame, but not the UTGame folder located where the game is installed, unless you have used the -nohomedir

the first line indicates what you selected on button one. the second file path indicates what you selected on button 2.

you may click file, reset resource directory in the application, and it will allow you to pick these folders once again when you next open the application. alternatively, change the Value 0 in the config file to 1. this will have the same effect.
                              OK I'm somewhat confused here. Using windows Vista.
                              I'm a skilled programmer myself, nothing should be this hard.

I installed to the default directory. My UTEngine.ini file is in this path.

C:\Users\Mike\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

However your config file has in it

DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
                              C:\

????

I cannot add the path manually because Vista prompts me to save NEW
                              file...strange. And I cannot open the program to make any changes either.

So, what now?

EDIT: Nevermind!

Got it. I uninstalled, reinstalled and reset the file path. Works now, thanks much!
                              The trick was to "run as administrator"

Comment

Originally posted by msny View Post

EDIT: Nevermind!

Got it. I uninstalled, reinstalled and reset the file path. Works now, thanks much!
                                The trick was to "run as administrator"
                                i find the security on vista a little bit OTT glad its working for you

Comment

Working...
                                X