Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in answer to question 1 , please see my above post

with regrds to question 2 ... yes theres a problem with the site.. some can register fine many can not. i need to sort it out when i have time

Comment

Hmmm...I read the whole thread before posting. Are you referring to this line:

"multiple profiles and server settings tab need fixing.."

Comment

I updated the u.exe, and then updated 5.0, if that's what you're referring to.

Comment

Hi Brad,

Would it be possible to have the map management page show all the maps I have installed including those I have manually installed rather than just the ones I have installed via the tweaker?

Also, I like the idea of a server status page with a join option. In UT2004 I used to always just paste servers into my browser to quickly connect to them. This doesn't seem possible in UT3 and it's a pain to have to go through all the game menus and then search for the server you want. Especially if it doesn't show up in the server list and you have to type it out as an "open" command.

Thanks for the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
            Hi Brad,

Would it be possible to have the map management page show all the maps I have installed including those I have manually installed rather than just the ones I have installed via the tweaker?

Also, I like the idea of a server status page with a join option. In UT2004 I used to always just paste servers into my browser to quickly connect to them. This doesn't seem possible in UT3 and it's a pain to have to go through all the game menus and then search for the server you want. Especially if it doesn't show up in the server list and you have to type it out as an "open" command.

Thanks for the great work!

yes i can do that for you

Comment

Originally posted by GunghoIguana View Post
              Hmmm...I read the whole thread before posting. Are you referring to this line:

"multiple profiles and server settings tab need fixing.."
              yes thats what i was referring to

Comment

Hi Brad

I am trying to register on ur site:

http://www.g-technology.co.uk/ut3/index.php

but the activation doesnt work.

I am trying to resgister so i can ask u some cache questions.

My msn / email address is nkvd3941@hotmail.com

The question basically is:

From the cache.ini file, how do u know know what files extensions to apply to each file type, eg .ut3 for maps.

UT2004 had the files extensions in the cache.ini file, but ut3 doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by nkvd3941 View Post
                  Hi Brad

I am trying to register on ur site:

http://www.g-technology.co.uk/ut3/index.php

but the activation doesnt work.

I am trying to resgister so i can ask u some cache questions.

My msn / email address is nkvd3941@hotmail.com

The question basically is:

From the cache.ini file, how do u know know what files extensions to apply to each file type, eg .ut3 for maps.

UT2004 had the files extensions in the cache.ini file, but ut3 doesnt.
                  please dont ask me to tell you how to build a program, when im building it? i would rather not have multiple people working on their own versions of the wheel. think of something someone isnt already doing and have a go at that

Comment

I have always written my own cache extractor, whther some1 else has already written it or not, as well as other tweakers that suit my own needs.
                    Just a clue would be appreciated.

I have no intention of competing with you

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                      please dont ask me to tell you how to build a program, when im building it? i would rather not have multiple people working on their own versions of the wheel. think of something someone isnt already doing and have a go at that
                      O U C H !!
                      Seems to me that much of the community helps each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                        O U C H !!
                        Seems to me that much of the community helps each other.
                        If i spend days working on C++ code, then i keep that code to myself. if i discover something directly related to the game i always have and always will share that information. I will not however help those with programming. there are copius amounts of forums available for that.

Comment

heres a preview of the map handling.

[shot]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3324/new1lh8.jpg[/shot]

it now lists all maps installed, instead of just those installed by the tweaker. it also gives the option to browse them by map type

Comment

I am not asking for help with the coding, just where to get the file extensions from

Comment

Originally posted by nkvd3941 View Post
                              I am not asking for help with the coding, just where to get the file extensions from
                              you dont get the extensions from anywhere you work them out.

Comment

[shot]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/839/favsaq7.jpg[/shot]

preview of favourite servers. the plan is that when you click the launch UT3 button it will then give you the option to select one of your favourite servers to join providing at least one check box has been ticked to enable a favourites slot, or to just launch the game

Comment

Working...
                                X