Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeterS_01 View Post
    update for everyone: the costum crosshair for the isntagib rifle, IS the instagib rifle, although the picture says its the biorifle
    Thanks Peter. That is on the news article titled "Bugs discovered in V5.txt" viewable in the tweaker put your name on it as you found it

Comment

That website you want us to report problems on is some funky site and it does not lead to any forum of yours ... sorry so I have to report the issue I am having here. Anyway I installed this before when it was beta and it didn't set up correctly though I gave it the correct info and now it just says that error message I sent you every time I try to start it now ... even after deleting the directory completely and reinstalling it still says the same error message so I can't use it at all. Any suggestions before I go back to v4.0?

Edit: I used v4.0 to reset the info and hopefully now when I reinstall v5.0 it will work correctly. I think I put in the actual UTConfig file in that one area that asks for the UTGame directory.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        That website you want us to report problems on is some funky site and it does not lead to any forum of yours ... sorry so I have to report the issue I am having here. Anyway I installed this before when it was beta and it didn't set up correctly though I gave it the correct info and now it just says that error message I sent you every time I try to start it now ... even after deleting the directory completely and reinstalling it still says the same error message so I can't use it at all. Any suggestions before I go back to v4.0?
        as i said to you in pm you selected the wrong folder. you dont select the config folder you select the utgame folder.

if you open the install directory of the tweaker you will see a

ut3config4.txt file

yours will look like this
        Code:
        DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
        C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
        C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3

remove the \config off the end so it looks like this ( obviously its going to have your username in it
        Code:
        DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
        C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
        C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3
        and it will be fine

where did you get the link from for the site anyway? if you click support in the signature it goes to the forums

Comment

to everyone else:

The button says : Select the UTGame folder

The text at the top of the folder selection window even tells you where to go

[shot]http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/43992/2002556262588831393_rs.jpg[/shot]

so please! take the time to read things before you just guess

Comment

Wonderful work with 5.0.
            Have you changed the destination of the mutator files yet?
            If not, I could see how locating them to the User directories could be tricky.
            If not implemented yet, maybe when setting up UT3T, it could ask the user for the file locations somewhat like it does now.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
              Wonderful work with 5.0.
              Have you changed the destination of the mutator files yet?
              If not, I could see how locating them to the User directories could be tricky.
              If not implemented yet, maybe when setting up UT3T, it could ask the user for the file locations somewhat like it does now.
              Hi mate.

no its staying as is... its complicated because of the ones which are installed to the previous location by the tweaker, they will be scattered around, and the uninstaller wont work because of different paths etc ... just too much to think about, too much to code.. so its staying as is. unless one day i get a mad urge to try somthing like what happened with the custom crosshairs.

but at least you got your seperate dump folders and can install from zip files though right? lol.

Comment

and knowing you, you will mention this so il get in there first

I have added a empty cache folder button to V5.1 so after youve installed the ones you want , you can just empty it. no doubt il add other things to that in the future like make backups, zip them up etc etc you get the general jist.

Comment

For the xbox support, can you make a buttone switch to the impact hammer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                    For the xbox support, can you make a buttone switch to the impact hammer?
                    if someone gives me the code for it il implement it i dont have an xbox, or a controller for that matter... so most of it is best guess, and other peoples guidance and posts

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
                      Hi mate.

no its staying as is... its complicated because of the ones which are installed to the previous location by the tweaker, they will be scattered around, and the uninstaller wont work because of different paths etc ... just too much to think about, too much to code.. so its staying as is. unless one day i get a mad urge to try somthing like what happened with the custom crosshairs.

but at least you got your seperate dump folders and can install from zip files though right? lol.
                      ZIP reading with seperate directories for maps and mutators is a great addition.
                      I don't think I will be able to use the mutator installer as I have already installed mutators in the User directory. If I also install in the Game directory, I will get error messages.

I sure wish you would reconsider including user selectable map and mutators directories as UT3T installs. This way your current users could use the game directory and new users could select the user directories.
                      You are the one doing all of the work so I appreciate what you have offered already.
                      Very nice work!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                        ZIP reading with seperate directories for maps and mutators is a great addition.
                        I don't think I will be able to use the mutator installer as I have already installed mutators in the User directory. If I also install in the Game directory, I will get error messages.

I sure wish you would reconsider including user selectable map and mutators directories as UT3T installs. This way your current users could use the game directory and new users could select the user directories.
                        You are the one doing all of the work so I appreciate what you have offered already.
                        Very nice work!!
                        you can use both. you get errors if you put the same one in both. you do realise you are the only person out of the 4000 people who use the tweaker, which have asked for this or see it as a problem? sorry mate, the demand just isnt there for me to invest more time in to somthing what no one else is bothered by

Comment

Well hundreds of people are using the new tweaker, but not many comments?

just as the map designers, software designers like to get comments back on their product too

Comment

Ok, I have some feedback.

Your 'content' is good - a whole heap of useful things can be changed. It is worth the download alone for the cache convertor, and custom crosshairs (although a bigger choice would be good if possible).

However, I cant appear to change resolution, and the slider for the fps limits is too high a granularity (+-10 if I remember correctly). Also custom crosshairs, after setting them (and saving), the next time I go in the 'use custom crosshairs' box is always unchecked. Fine in game though.

Im not sure if there is a use case for it, but there is also no way to 'add' properties to the ini files. I guess you would have to go in and do this by hand

Now for the picky.

A lot of buttons have tool-tips, and some dont. Spelling mistakes. Bad handling of resizing (eg screenshot window - make it bigger, and nothing resizes. Instead all we get is more empty space. I would also question the need for this functionality)

Consistency makes everything look more professional.

Still, good work - keep it up, and continue to polish.

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post

However, I cant appear to change resolution, and the slider for the fps limits is too high a granularity (+-10 if I remember correctly). Also custom crosshairs, after setting them (and saving), the next time I go in the 'use custom crosshairs' box is always unchecked. Fine in game though.
                              i had actually forgotten that i had disabled the screen res.. il sort that in the next release. as for the FPS i know exactly what your saying, but unfortunately there are many which havent a clue and believe that they can get around 200FPS .. so its more of a taking the mickey. if it gives mne a quiet life i will let them set it that high

Im not sure if there is a use case for it, but there is also no way to 'add' properties to the ini files. I guess you would have to go in and do this by hand
                              you mean adding new lines? it would be ok for the more advanced user.... but could become troublesome, with people blaming it on the tweaker for messing up their file when they didnt actually check to see if there was another key bound to the custom entry they created.

Now for the picky.
                              A lot of buttons have tool-tips, and some dont. Spelling mistakes. Bad handling of resizing (eg screenshot window - make it bigger, and nothing resizes. Instead all we get is more empty space. I would also question the need for this functionality)

Consistency makes everything look more professional.

Still, good work - keep it up, and continue to polish.
                              yes, spelling on a few things need sorting out... nvidea for one lol.

as for the reszing, the whole application would need engineering to support that. the best i can o at this stage is simply stop people from expanding the window which shows all the empty space.

Comment

UPDATE HERE:

you may notice that there is an "Update Available" message, but when you click it you receieve an error message
                                Code:
                                u.exe
                                (can't find vcl60.bpl)
                                my apologies there was a problem with the updater.exe (u.exe)
                                to save you having to download the tweaker again, i have zipped up the updater file which can be downloaded from here
                                http://files.filefront.com/uzip/;9675552;/fileinfo.html

simply unzip, and place the u.exe in to the tweaker installation folder located here
                                C:\Program Files\Rebellious Antics\Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker\

which will replace the u.exe file already there

Comment

Working...
                                X