Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
    updated preview:

[shot]http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/41783/2004023858335680956_rs.jpg[/shot]
    Indepth configuration and support for USB wired or wireless XBOX Controllers. weapon sensitivity will be an included option to make the game easier to play with a controller

I Have reworked the Manual install of maps and mutators as it was too messy on the eyes. I have gone for a more simpler look.

[shot]http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/44192/2006046477604323047_rs.jpg[/shot]

you may notice that its a zip file waiting to be installed. no more will you have to place the loose files in the dump directory. there are now two folders. one for maps, and one for mutators. download your maps and mutators in to these folders and just click install without having to unzip them

The third screenshot shows the Cache Convertor
    [shot]http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/41468/2006090736920498423_rs.jpg[/shot]

Very simple to use. Maps in your cache are displayed on the left hand side, and mutators are displayed on the right.

Simply tick the ones you want, and click convert. they will be restored to their original file types and automatically installed in to your games directories so you can host them in your own games.
    I will also add a cleaner button, which removes the ones you dont want.

For anyone who does not know what a cache convertor does:
    When you connect to a server sometimes you have to wait for the download of a custom map, or a mutator for example. these files which are downloaded are stored in a cache folder. by using this tool you can convert them so you can host them on your own games for instance.

A new feature is currently under development for the UT3 Tweaker which can be used to configure dedicated servers

[shot]http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43889/2005196629392962092_rs.jpg[/shot]

By selecting the game type you wish to host, you will be displayed all stock, and custom maps for that game type so you can easily create map rotations. Please note that this edits the game.ini file for you so you dont have to go around copying and pasting information.

After reading Dubious's post located here
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591920

i learned that the majority of the settings can be done through the ini files dispite them being scattered around.

By using the slide bars you can see in the picture, you can change these settings on the fly.

Once you click apply, the ini files will be changed, and a popup window will show displaying the remainder of the commandline which you will need to add to the games shortcut as you would normally
    Excellent work as usual ... I will definitely have time to really test the next version ... things have calmed down a bit and before I move on to DMC4 for the next couple of weeks I would love to help you out with this version.

Comment

Looking forward to your next release. Especially the cache converter looks promising.

Comment

righty... been a long day but needed to catch up a tad with this upgrade.

so after today:

I have finished coding the XBOX controller. ive tested it to see if it adds the codes to the UTInput correctly and it does. my main perogative was to make sure it did not overwrite any custom keybinds in there. so im stamping this tool as ready for beta release.

Map Cache convertor:
        Finished, tested and working. I have made some plans for the mutator convertor, but am yet to try these plans out. im sure people wont mind waiting a version for mutator cache converting

Multiple Profiles:
        finished coding the creation of new profile sets. just need to code it so you can select which profile to use ( less than half hours work)

Server Configuration:
        Half done, and not a large task to complete anyway.

so in summary:
        I Expect a beta version will be released over the next couple of days, and with a projected release date of 23/02/08

Comment

^^ Sounds good man ... I'll make sure I don't hold up the release date with my testing of the Xbox controller portion (plus there are some other things I want to check which are secondary to the Controller portion since this is the part you yourself cannot really effectively test).

Comment

ok. another feature just finished, tested and working

[shot]http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/42037/2000163436967343614_rs.jpg[/shot]

now you can simply download ZIP files for maps or mutators in to the dump directory of the tweaker, and just click install. no longer will you need to extract zip files

Ive also fixed the bug where manual installs was not adding themselves to the uninstall list

Comment

This is such a great tool ... I really hope someone at Epic has noticed all your work ... they really should offer you contract work and let you redesign the UI with input from the Community. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Excellent work as usual ... I will definitely have time to really test the next version ... things have calmed down a bit and before I move on to DMC4 for the next couple of weeks I would love to help you out with this version.
                u got devil may cry huh? so is it as good as they say i was gonna get it the other day but u have to pre reserve to get it at gamestop, i need a good opinion b4 i go ahead n buy it i loved 3

Comment

VERSION 5.0 RELEASED!

please refer to
                  http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...37&postcount=1

for details.

profile management and server config i have disabled as ive spotted a couple of issues with them. however the good news is, with the auto update feature implemented, as soon as i have those two tools ready to go ( around a few days ) the Tweaker will tell you that an update is available, and update itself.

Comment

Not seeing the file in the download link. Just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by haooken View Post
                      Not seeing the file in the download link. Just fyi.
                      yes its just finished uploading on to filefront thanks for pointing it out though

Comment

nice job, cook for PS3 please!!!!@@!11```

Comment

Originally posted by prdgm View Post
                          nice job, cook for PS3 please!!!!@@!11```
                          it wont work for PS3

Comment

awww :'( :'(

Comment

Just downloaded it.
                              Thanks for your time and efforts.
                              Will report back.

Comment

update for everyone: the costum crosshair for the isntagib rifle, IS the instagib rifle, although the picture says its the biorifle

Comment

Working...
                                X