Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker Version 5.0 **5th place in MSUC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firthermore:
    the Mydocuments/MyGames/.....folders/. (where I normally install to).

you dont install mutators in my documents. map files go there

Comment

start your game again and take note of the error message. is it a map name pointing to your game installation directory? if thats the case maps have gone to the wrong DIR

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
        thats impossible to do through online downloads. to me that sounds more like you have manually installed maps or mutators to the wrong location, or you have used the utility to install maps or mutators manually and selected the wrong option on the radio group.
        Ok don't think I did that.
        How could I install to the "wrong radio" group.
        I selected "Mutators" to list your mutators on-line. I then downloaded them.
        Maybe I selected the incorrect setup directories when I first setup Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker?
        Is this correct???

C:\Users\Myname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
        C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3

Comment

those paths are correct. without you telling me the error message word for word i cant help you alot either take note of it or take a screenshot

Comment

I havent uploaded screenshots before. Hope this works....

Rats.

OK, here is what it said (one of them).
            Ambiguous Package name using: 'C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\CookedPC\Gabalicious\UI_scenes_Gabalicious.UPK'
            not 'C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGames\CookedPC\Gabalicious\UI_scenes_Gabalicio us.UPK'

Comment

right thats just answered everything this has not been done by you downloading mutators from the server. and i can prove that if your skeptical.

it is saying that the files have been placed in "CookedPC" folder, which is not possible through downloads of mutators as it does not use those file paths. the only way you can get to "cookedpc" is by either using the map downloads which is disabled.. or using the manual installation option by placing the mutator files in the dump folder, and accidentally selecting MAP on the radiogroup group and clicking install.

easy one to fix anyway.. just go to the place where the error file indicates and delete the files it mentions

Comment

and on a second look at your picture they have been puit in to a script folder.... the tweaker doesnt even use the script folder.. so its looking like you actually put those files there yourself, not through the tweaker

Comment

copied & pasted:

NOTE: With regards to technical support.
                  Technical Support will NOT be given on ANY forum, other than my forum located at http://www.g-technology.co.uk
                  This is because if you have encountered a problem, there is a strong probability someone else will do too in the future. my time is limited as i am the only person involved in this project, so by you posting the questions in one place in seperate threads on my forums other members can read the solutions there without having to ask the question over and over again, also giving them the ability to use the search function on my forums.
                  With this in mind please do not post technical support questions here. They will not be answered.

Comment

I registered on your site hours ago but have not yet received my confirmed email. When it comes, I will post there.

Comment

How's it going Brad. Not seen anything for a while.

Comment

i have a question for the author of the tweaker or really this is a question for the people who wrote the engine:

i am making a 100% custom content map right now and i noticed ingame that all my textures are not being displayed at the full texture resolution i tried to stick closely to epics texture resolutions so i made em all 2048 2048 but they are only being displayed as 1024 textures in unrealed and ingame.

i noticed in the tweaker that one of the default ini values is:

TEXTUREGROUP_World = (MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)

if i manually up this MaxLodSize value to 2048 ut3.exe crashes on load up

so whats the deal here ?

1) does epic just WASTE 3 quarters of their memory on disk ? for absolutely no reason ?
                        2) is this a bug in the engine ( maybe came with the patch ) ?
                        3) is my graphics card / machine busted ? i can see 2048 textures in maya !
                        4) ... your guess is as good as mine ?!

i should maybe make a separate thread for this

Comment

Originally posted by warby View Post
                          i have a question for the author of the tweaker or really this is a question for the people who wrote the engine:

i am making a 100% custom content map right now and i noticed ingame that all my textures are not being displayed at the full texture resolution i tried to stick closely to epics texture resolutions so i made em all 2048 2048 but they are only being displayed as 1024 textures in unrealed and ingame.

i noticed in the tweaker that one of the default ini values is:

TEXTUREGROUP_World = (MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)

if i manually up this MaxLodSize value to 2048 ut3.exe crashes on load up

so whats the deal here ?

1) does epic just WASTE 3 quarters of their memory on disk ? for absolutely no reason ?
                          2) is this a bug in the engine ( maybe came with the patch ) ?
                          3) is my graphics card / machine busted ? i can see 2048 textures in maya !
                          4) ... your guess is as good as mine ?!

i should maybe make a separate thread for this
                          yep sorry this doesnt have anything to do with me. post it in the map makers forums

Comment

Originally posted by brianford View Post
                            How's it going Brad. Not seen anything for a while.
                            its coming along trying out a few new ideas.. im not going to say what they are just incase they dont work, but never the less its coming along.

The cache convertor is half finished, profiles & XBOX controller configuration is finished also

Comment

updated preview:

[shot]http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/41783/2004023858335680956_rs.jpg[/shot]
                              Indepth configuration and support for USB wired or wireless XBOX Controllers. weapon sensitivity will be an included option to make the game easier to play with a controller

I Have reworked the Manual install of maps and mutators as it was too messy on the eyes. I have gone for a more simpler look.

[shot]http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/44192/2006046477604323047_rs.jpg[/shot]

you may notice that its a zip file waiting to be installed. no more will you have to place the loose files in the dump directory. there are now two folders. one for maps, and one for mutators. download your maps and mutators in to these folders and just click install without having to unzip them

The third screenshot shows the Cache Convertor
                              [shot]http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/41468/2006090736920498423_rs.jpg[/shot]

Very simple to use. Maps in your cache are displayed on the left hand side, and mutators are displayed on the right.

Simply tick the ones you want, and click convert. they will be restored to their original file types and automatically installed in to your games directories so you can host them in your own games.
                              I will also add a cleaner button, which removes the ones you dont want.

For anyone who does not know what a cache convertor does:
                              When you connect to a server sometimes you have to wait for the download of a custom map, or a mutator for example. these files which are downloaded are stored in a cache folder. by using this tool you can convert them so you can host them on your own games for instance.

A new feature is currently under development for the UT3 Tweaker which can be used to configure dedicated servers

[shot]http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43889/2005196629392962092_rs.jpg[/shot]

By selecting the game type you wish to host, you will be displayed all stock, and custom maps for that game type so you can easily create map rotations. Please note that this edits the game.ini file for you so you dont have to go around copying and pasting information.

After reading Dubious's post located here
                              http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591920

i learned that the majority of the settings can be done through the ini files dispite them being scattered around.

By using the slide bars you can see in the picture, you can change these settings on the fly.

Once you click apply, the ini files will be changed, and a popup window will show displaying the remainder of the commandline which you will need to add to the games shortcut as you would normally

Comment

looks good... keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                                X