Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-TwistedFACE *ctf-face-remixx* my first map!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    lots of great constructive criticism on this thread....if you follow it this map will turn out oh so sexy

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by NightEye View Post
      I agree with revel911 in this matter, and though I like bother versions, really one was a flop while the other has become the stuff of legends. What makes Face- Classic so popular that CTF really can't live without?
      Not a problem ... I don't say things just so people can agree with me. Let's wait and see what the actual map author does ... with a level this good I'm sure I'll like it regardless of what his actual decision is. And tbh its not a flop to me ... I will never understand how people could prefer Face Classic to Face3 ... it just doesn't work for me and usually I do like the originals better but Face Classic really blew to me. If it were not for the fact that the level spins in space and that gives it a real feeling of being in space I probably would have not played it much. It is too small imo. I love Face 3 because there are more routes you can take and I love the Egyptian motif ... anyway to each his own. I'm not making this map so I can choose to accept the final and install it or I can choose to pass and wait for someone else to do their interpretation so that is never a problem.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        Not a problem ... I don't say things just so people can agree with me. Let's wait and see what the actual map author does ... with a level this good I'm sure I'll like it regardless of what his actual decision is. And tbh its not a flop to me ... I will never understand how people could prefer Face Classic to Face3 ... it just doesn't work for me and usually I do like the originals better but Face Classic really blew to me. If it were not for the fact that the level spins in space and that gives it a real feeling of being in space I probably would have not played it much. It is too small imo. I love Face 3 because there are more routes you can take and I love the Egyptian motif ... anyway to each his own. I'm not making this map so I can choose to accept the final and install it or I can choose to pass and wait for someone else to do their interpretation so that is never a problem.
        Well, maybe it will be a mixture of Face_classic/Face2k3 and his own, and then it will come out better than previous versions and we all be blown away.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by NightEye View Post
          Well, maybe it will be a mixture of Face_classic/Face2k3 and his own, and then it will come out better than previous versions and we all be blown away.
          Now that would be sweet. I guess we can dream eh?

          Comment


            #65
            Just popped in the thread after playing it myself.. a few ersonal observations...

            I'll ignore other feedback that looks lik eit's being addessed.

            I'd like it Vctf, but with no vehicle spawns.. just the redeemer, and the hoverboard, to speed up the run back.

            If you jump on the asteroids along the bridge back, there are some holes, and you can fall through the map. A asteroid path might be a interesting addition.. add a few, with jump pads to take you from one to another.. or maybe jump boots, so it would require more skill?

            I really dislike the long corridor in the base.. and really miss the sniping locations in the base, as well as the "closed room" concept of it. The base corridor should be shorter, and the back enclosed, so it's more of a "tower" structure again.

            In older "faces" you could take the tp to the top, and gradually work your way down using the various ledges that were sticking out.. it looks like you do have some of that, which I like.

            There was a gradual slope up when leaving a base, and down when approching your base, and you have various hills n valleys instead. That changes the flag run dynamic.. when escaping a base, it's easier to be hit, and once you get over the hump, you have some back protection, as well as the ability to dodge, and move a little faster with the flag. Adding the hoverboard would also eliminate those dynamics, so maybe a vctf version with the bridges as they are, (long) and maybe the asteroid path, and then a shorter ctf version, with the shorter bridges, and maybe restoring that slope?

            Great job though, and I'm definitly looking foreward to updates!

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              Now that would be sweet. I guess we can dream eh?
              (in zombie voice) Need Face.....

              Comment


                #67
                Update:
                I shortened the bridge paths, touched up the interiors a lil bit(more details), shortened the middle hallway, added a roof over the side bridges(middles of the bridges), made the skyball spin less rapidly(no more motion sickeness lol), fixed the Death bug(bodies flying erratically all over the place) by deleting the upside down terrain beneath the main terrains, but I still gotta try and fix the bots not using the sniper towers, no clue why they don't. Also upped the tesselation of the terrain(looks smoother now), I think I fixed the open geometry on the red tower, so you can't fall through(not sure yet, can't play when everything is pure black)........ummm........slammed 4 cups of coffee and I'm rendering final lightmaps and bot pathing. Might get a release today or tomorrow, depending on what I find that's screwed up still. I'll post pics of the updates when it's finally done rendering(been 10 minutes already, prolly another 30-40 min remaining)

                I'll keep ya posted
                edit:
                I tried to make the bridges connect in the middle, but the angle was too steep and I couldn't walk up it. I lowered the scale of some objects that were too blurry, and I'm not sure what else I need to do, judging from all the feedback, I think I touched all the major issues. We'll see.

                Comment


                  #68
                  NeoGzus, thank you for the update and I can't wait to try this version.

                  Originally posted by NeoGzus View Post
                  I lowered the scale of some objects that were too blurry, and I'm not sure what else I need to do, judging from all the feedback, I think I touched all the major issues. We'll see.
                  I think I saw someone else posted these suggestions, so I wanted to ask to see if these were implemented?

                  1.) Did you narrow the bridges and take off the side bars, so people will fall off if not watching where they are going? I always thought that this was very well in Face-Classic as it made the flag carrier think where they were walking.
                  2.) Was the Back door, enclosed or restricted?
                  3.) If so, Were the portals up moved inside?

                  Thank you for letting us give suggestions and test your product.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Ummm, I did miss a few things you guys mentioned, but nothing crippling or glitchy. I'm a playtest it some more and maybe release it later tonight for testing purposes.
                    Bridges aren't closer, just shorter.
                    Back door is unchanged.
                    portals, still near the flag.

                    Like I said, I missed some stuff. But those particularly, I thought, didn't need much attention. I liked that setup, makes for more routes to take and attack from, and a quick escape throught the portals.

                    Scaling, I didn't touch cuz I have no idea how that's done, but I could find out quick.

                    edit: pics






                    Edit2:
                    DOWNLOAD NOW:
                    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Twist.../fileinfo.html

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Those are insane man ... I like the changes but definitely try to get that scale adjusted. Great job ... please try and get another Beta out tonight if possible.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        I love looks more better then first one !

                        I cant wait for this version

                        Comment


                          #72
                          It si out now in the beta section, so we need to STOP using this thread and move everyone over there.

                          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595216

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X