X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeFOV [Pics][1.1 Final]

Name: FreeFOV
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: UT3 1.2+ (might work with earlier versions, but I didn't test it)
    Description: Allows field of view adjustments beyond the normal range of 80-100.
    Comments: I'm sure widescreen users will approve of this.
    Screenshots:
    [shot]http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/fov/fov.jpg[/shot]

Homepage: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/fov/
    Download (PC): FreeFOV_v1.1.zip (8KB)
    Download (PS3 NA): FreeFOV_v1.1_PS3.zip (38KB)

wow yes i could see many pleased faces over the making of this

Comment

How do WS users benefit from this? Doesn't WS just allow you to have more screen realestate without having to mess with the FOV? Or, does UT3 do something crazy to FOV for WS users by default?

Finally, isn't the FOV locked for balance reasons?

Comment

it is a mutator
        online, it is server side, don't care for balance.

Comment

this Mutator really good for when I take screenshot

thank you Mr'Evil
          here is Fov 120's screenshot

Comment

Awesome mutator. But I'm guessing you cant use this when joining servers that don't run it.

Tonester; afaik UT3 does not have a WS mode. Meaning the aspect ratio is all wrong. Setting FOV to 120 fixes this.

Comment

This looks great.
              Does it distort your FOV on the sides?
              Do you get a drop in FPS as more viewable screen is rendered?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonester View Post
                How do WS users benefit from this? Doesn't WS just allow you to have more screen realestate without having to mess with the FOV? Or, does UT3 do something crazy to FOV for WS users by default?
                UT3 Doesn't do anything with FOV, regardless of your aspect ratio. Widescreen users generally want a wide view though, so they want a FOV higher than a 4:3 user, but UT3 doesn't allow angles above 100, which is quite low.

Originally posted by Tonester View Post
                Finally, isn't the FOV locked for balance reasons?
                People certainly make arguments about the advantages of higher FOV, but as far as I'm concerned there is no significant difference overall because you trade increased peripheral vision for accuracy.

Originally posted by ekyman View Post
                Awesome mutator. But I'm guessing you cant use this when joining servers that don't run it.
                Indeed, it's up to server admins if they want to allow this or not.

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                Does it distort your FOV on the sides?
                Even a FOV of 90 distorts the image a bit (unless you sit really close to your monitor). If you have a widescreen monitor and don't sit to far away from it (or otherwise have a monitor that has a large apparent width) then you should be able to set FOV quite high before it begins to look too weird.

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                Do you get a drop in FPS as more viewable screen is rendered?
                Yes. I didn't do any particular performance testing, but I seem to recall that at one point I was getting ~70fps with a FOV of 90 and ~50fps at 130.

Comment

Great mutator!! I just loaded it up onto my new server
                  2 Things --
                  1.) Would it be possible to add a variable to the mutator ini so the server can set a lower cap than 130?
                  2.) During my testing just now 'mutate fov' stopped working after I issued an adminchangemap command. Not sure if that's some sort of bug or what.

Anyways, thanks for this! WS users rejoice!

Comment

So what actually is the correct FOV for 1920*1200?

Comment

Depends on how close you are/how big it is. Between 108-115 will probably feel most natural.

Comment

I play at 1680 x 1050 and 110 seems right at the edge of getting the unnatural "fish eye" effect.

Comment

Cool mutator.
                          I play at 1680x1050 with all eye candy on, and on an Asus MW221u 22" widescreen.

I play with the FOV in the Epic settings at 100.
                          I crnaked the mutator up to 110 and saw the difference right away, especailly when spinning the mouse around to rotate.

I cranked it up to 130 and I got the fishbowl effect, but I like it
                          It only took a minute to get use to it.

I just tried it on the Campgrounds remake map, this is cool.

Comment

Can someone hook this up for PS3, I play on a 65" Widescreen TV

Comment

any chance you can cook this for PS3, this is sweet! Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X