DM-Codex [Final] now for both PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    This map is a great map through and through ... probably my favorite remake besides Agony and Liandri ... few remakes look this good and capture the spirit of the original so well. No matter what anyone says this is a winner and it is tons of fun.
    Right but you may as well put no textures on and still call it a remake, the fact is the original had much better texturing work. Anyone can make a remake, it's what you do with it to make it better than counts.

Comment

Guys, it's finished and CreepyD is working on another awesome remake of Campgrounds!
      Codex-FE plays **** good, let's keep it that way!

Comment

Originally posted by WrATH View Post
        Right but you may as well put no textures on and still call it a remake, the fact is the original had much better texturing work. Anyone can make a remake, it's what you do with it to make it better than counts.
        Well lets just agree to disagree and remain cool. I love this remake to the core and have since it was first released ... I don't share your views regarding it and in fact I think your map has its own texture problems when it comes to the floor textures ... they don't look all that great tbh ... especially not on the PS3 but I still like your level and enjoy playing it and would defend it from people putting it down. I just don't feel the need to be overly critical of certain things ... so we will leave it at that and move on to the next one.

Comment

Just cooked up a PS3 version, really love it, I do think it's a really great map too.

Comment

Originally posted by mapper0x1A View Post
            Just cooked up a PS3 version, really love it, I do think it's a really great map too.
            You cooked his map ... hope you got Creepy's permission ... people know where I stand about taking an authors work and altering it any way without their permission.

Comment

You cooked his map ... hope you got Creepy's permission ... people know where I stand about taking an authors work and altering it any way without their permission.
              Why should that matter?

Comment

Why should that matter?
                Because that is not your content to do what you want with ... it is how we operate in this community ... especially if you are going to give this level out to others. How do you know that the author does not want the level on the PS3 for whatever reason? And before you say so what ... think about what happens if you folks keep disregarding how the devs feel ... they will simply cease to make content for this game and I am talking about the really talented devs ... folks who have been mapping for at least 3 years ... not the ones who are relatively new and do not provide you with levels that make your jaw drop. So think about that the next time you think about doing anything to someone work without asking them first. Some mappers are already leaving this community ... good ones to ... people you are going to really miss and its due to reasons like this ... this whole cooking thing has really had an adverse effect on the community whether you folks are aware of it or not. So please ask next time ... that is just how this community is used to operating.

Comment

Because that is not your content to do what you want with ... it is how we operate in this community ... especially if you are going to give this level out to others. How do you know that the author does not want the level on the PS3 for whatever reason? And before you say so what ... think about what happens if you folks keep disregarding how the devs feel ... they will simply cease to make content for this game and I am talking about the really talented devs ... folks who have been mapping for at least 3 years ... not the ones who are relatively new and do not provide you with levels that make your jaw drop. So think about that the next time you think about doing anything to someone work without asking them first. Some mappers are already leaving this community ... good ones to ... people you are going to really miss and its due to reasons like this ... this whole cooking thing has really had an adverse effect on the community whether you folks are aware of it or not. So please ask next time ... that is just how this community is used to operating.
                  You can't tell me what to do in my own home! Why should the author not want a PS3 version? Is the author allowed to say 'black people can't play my map, because I don't want them to'?

Comment

Well lets just agree to disagree and remain cool. I love this remake to the core and have since it was first released ... I don't share your views regarding it and in fact I think your map has its own texture problems when it comes to the floor textures ... they don't look all that great tbh ... especially not on the PS3 but I still like your level and enjoy playing it and would defend it from people putting it down. I just don't feel the need to be overly critical of certain things ... so we will leave it at that and move on to the next one.
                    Eh?, they are Epics textures, what issue are you saying, because it's a proper floor texture.

All I'm saying is that the textures in this level are somewhat patchwork and not aligned, can people not take this sort of thing without being nasty?, why dont you say something in my thread about it, thats what it is for.

Comment

Eh?, they are Epics textures, what issue are you saying, because it's a proper floor texture.

All I'm saying is that the textures in this level are somewhat patchwork and not aligned, can people not take this sort of thing without being nasty?, why dont you say something in my thread about it, thats what it is for.
                      Because it wasn't a big deal to me ... that is my point ... and I wasn't trying to be nasty ... you just made my point for me again. You sounded like you were being kind of nasty ... do you see what I am getting at. I already said I like your map and really enjoy it ... one tiny thing that is really not noticeable during a real match and does not in any way affect gameplay and is not so awful looking that it can be considered an eyesore is just not enough of an issue for me to even raise. Especially once the map is in full releases and many people have played it and enjoyed it. Maybe that is something I would pm a person but I wouldn't put that on a thread. But that is me ... different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Well what I said still stands, you may as well put no textures on or randomly put them on going on what you say.

Comment

You can't tell me what to do in my own home! Why should the author not want a PS3 version? Is the author allowed to say 'black people can't play my map, because I don't want them to'?
                          I don't know why he would or would not want a PS3 version and that is just the point. And the argument you tried to use is just plain idiotic ... you are actually altering someone else's work ... I don't understand what being black has to do with anything. You are not in the wrong though as long as you do not distribute it ... that much I will grant you. And no one is trying to tell you what to do in your own home. You are new to the UT community and I am just letting you know how certain things work around here and what type is behavior is expected from ALL community members.

Comment

Well what I said still stands, you may as well put no textures on or randomly put them on going on what you say.
                            And what I said still stands ... I disagree ... this is a great level, its great looking and it plays really really well. So now that we have that established on both ends lets move on please. No need to beat the issue to death.

Comment

I don't know why he would or would not want a PS3 version and that is just the point. And the argument you tried to use is just plain idiotic ... you are actually altering someone else's work ... I don't understand what being black has to do with anything. You are not in the wrong though as long as you do not distribute it ... that much I will grant you. And no one is trying to tell you what to do in your own home. You are new to the UT community and I am just letting you know how certain things work around here and what type is behavior is expected from ALL community members.
                              Idiotic? What's wrong with you. I didn't alter anyone's work. So someone does nothing wrong and they they get attacked, accused of things they haven't done, and then called childish names? That's how things work around here?

Comment

And what I said still stands ... I disagree ... this is a great level, its great looking and it plays really really well. So now that we have that established on both ends lets move on please. No need to beat the issue to death.
                                Yep it looks looks like UT99 with 5 more different types of textures on the walls, back in 99 it would have looked good.

Comment

Working...
                                X