DM-Codex [Final] now for both PC & PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well I've now released a new version, calling it FE.
    Details in the first post.
    Or get it here:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Codex+.../fileinfo.html

Fixes both the lava issue, and the doorway issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
    Well......I dunno where you are from but I will give you just a short list of my UT2k4 maps that have been altered. They were created to have a slightly better gameplay or were just modified for purposes concerning the frame rate.

1on1-Backspace-FE
    1on1-Roughinery-FE
    1on1-Soltitude-FE
    Akbal2k4-SE
    Deck17-FPS
    DE-Grendelkeep-RE
    DE-Ironic-FE
    Rankin-FE
    Rankin-SC
    TheOnion-LE
    Under-LE
    Under-LE2
    Waisten-Fix

By the way, most of these maps were needed in big European leagues like Clanbase and ESL.
    Yeah you sent me this in a pm ... why do that when you are just going to ask me the same thing here? Anyway I did reply ... and oh yeah I don't play online or competitively at all so that is probably why I never heard of those maps (FE ones). They didn't get posted to any of the major Unreal map hosting sites so I would never have seen them or heard of them. Although I thought we were just talking about the FE extension. Of course the LE and SE versions are well known and are on server and I have a few of those. I think I've even seen the Rankin-SC level. But this is no big deal to me ... I believe I said that somewhere. As long as the map still plays great then I am happy and there is no reason to believe it won't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well......I dunno where you are from but I will give you just a short list of my UT2k4 maps that have been altered. They were created to have a slightly better gameplay or were just modified for purposes concerning the frame rate.

1on1-Backspace-FE
    1on1-Roughinery-FE
    1on1-Soltitude-FE
    Akbal2k4-SE
    Deck17-FPS
    DE-Grendelkeep-RE
    DE-Ironic-FE
    Rankin-FE
    Rankin-SC
    TheOnion-LE
    Under-LE
    Under-LE2
    Waisten-Fix

By the way, most of these maps were needed in big European leagues like Clanbase and ESL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great

Well, very common is the addition of -FE for Fixed Edition.

DM-Codex-FE
    That's not common ... I have been playing UT for some time now and I don't recall seeing any maps with an FE on them. Fixed edition ... nope don't recall seeing those and as I look through the hundreds of maps I have all I can think of is using a numbering scheme like DM-Codex3 or maybe use BE (Best Edition) ... I have seen that before. Anyway, whatever you decide is cool ... the great news is that there is going to be a new build to make the map even more perfect of a remake than it was before. Any other issues and now is definitely the time to speak up.

Btw I think feigning death on stairs is just not allowed in UT3 because of how the bodies deform when they are lying down. Maybe it would not look physically correct so Epic just destroys the pawn (you in this instance). I don't know though ... that is just a guess.

One thing I would say is where the ripjack was put another weapon or powerup ... preferably a weapon though as another powerup may unbalance the map. Maybe you can have that be an enforcer. Or one of those slow motion green volumes ... In any event I am looking forward to getting the perfect version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh and well....just consider the lighting in that area with the doorways...
    A good monitor with good contrast has no problems with the lighting in any of these maps. I like shadows anyways.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh and well....just consider the lighting in that area with the doorways...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great remake map, hope to see it on some servers soon.
    Good job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great

Well, very common is the addition of -FE for Fixed Edition.

DM-Codex-FE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, this is the best custom map today!!! For me it is beatiful, becouse it hasn't got a lot of the-same-staticmeshes (like all of the ut3 maps) and it has got nice colours! Make more maps in ut2kX style!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ooooooooooh feign death!
    I never used feign death and didn't realise it could be used for this kind of purpose!
    Never made that lava actually be lava as you can't get in there normally.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to fix that as it's a pretty big exploit
    In which case, I'll also be raising the doorway as requested while I'm at it.
    I found feigning death on the stone stairs instantly kills you.. very strange that one.
    Will have it fixed in a day or 2.
    Any ideas what I should do about the map name? post another thread you think? Give it a slightly diff name? If it's the same, I guess there are gonna be mismatches?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet, finally some guys who understand the importance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, my mate is already searching for an old demo of 2 very famous palyer back in the days which shows the importance of that view.

Dunno if he will find it, hope so.

But it's just a very crucial thing to be able to look from up there down to the Armor.
    This is probably the only good reason to grab up the sniper on that map!
    For me, that is a very good reason.
    I agree, that's one of the few areas where sniper was useful. Also in UT1 version you could easily see if the armor was there or if the opponent was waiting at the armor (in 1on1), now you have to go in the room to see.
    Needs fixing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    up in the right it says codex.avi ... click on it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mad1Z, I can't seem to load your vid, says can't be found.
    I tested the lava at my end, and all 4 pools of lava work fine, dealing 20 damage per sec. Also can't swim down past the bottom of the lava either.
    Can you maybe explain what was in the vid?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by username2109863423 View Post
    Looks nice, but the map is kinda baren and empty feeling. Maybe add some pools of liquids, or things to run and hide around with?
    Dude, this is a remake. I take it you have never played Codex ... well this map is like it is for a reason. You must be new to UT. Its okay but no the level is not going to get a bunch of **** stuck in it that was not in the original.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X